What's new

Dubai Airshow 2011

Some more interesting new information thrusting out at Dubai..... :)
6347690951_2b6a1e351d_b.jpg

The Thunder is going to get exported to 8-10 Nations from Middle East, Africa, East Asia and North Asia.

Our Thunder has been really strong and mighty in the Air Show. The only competition its gonna face is Eurofighter.

For those who are talking about Flares, we once had an detailed discussion/debate on JF-17 thread four. Long thing in short, Thunder can carry Flares/Chaffs but those aren't added to the bird. It's gonna be applied only on the ADA and missions with possible encounter to IR-Missiles.

Regards.

Another interesting development, KSA is rumored to have shunned its plans for acquiring F-15s from US. Now RSAF's focus has dramatically shifted towards having multirole aircrafts, Thus it has ordered the remaining typhoons to have MR capabilities e.g. Precision strike and laser designation capabilities. The whole procurement plan is expected to revamp...

Another interesting development, KSA is rumored to have shunned its plans for acquiring F-15s from US. Now RSAF's focus has dramatically shifted towards having multirole aircrafts, Thus it has ordered the remaining typhoons to have MR capabilities e.g. Precision strike and laser designation capabilities. The whole procurement plan is expected to revamp...

That' s a big change for an air force that has traditionally preferred air superiority fighters but i can see where a hint of this influence is coming from. We do have close ties with Saudis after all.

This is an absolute nail biter.....!!!!!!!!
6347769509_6c6ccc9b8d_b.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

That' s a big change for an air force that has traditionally preferred sir superiority fighters but i can see where a hint of this influence is coming from. We do have close ties with Saudis after all.
On Target!!!!!!!!....:)

One more thing is that PAF is in negotiations with South African Company (Denel who else it may be) for avionics package as per ACM PAF. This confirms that at least HMS is expected from South Africa, so long French..........

nice to see thunder roaring again.but the air crash in attock happened at a very wrong time.its strange that PLAAF has not yet decided to induct thunder in its fleet.they have good number of 4th gen air crafts but a lot of junk as well which must be replaced n i think JFT is a gud option for them.its gud that many 3rd world countries r looking at the thunder for replacing their aged air crafts but it doesn't seem that any country with money will be going for thunder.

air chief hinted for the block 3 thunder as well which will be produced 2016 onwards.so wat r the planned upgrades for that version?

My last thought for the night before going to sleep....now two more regions remain to be targeted 1) South East Asia and 2) South America........Two more participation in these regions and I think JFT's marketing campaign is accomplished to great extent.

So far the only confirmed orders are of the Helicopters the Apaches and Black Hawks with plug and play capability because we have developed a few nice things for it and are looking to mount them in our Apaches and our Future Mi-35s as well so they can work together in the same mission no problem.

Like this Radar company:
domain-da9b5209df.jpg

the painting of the black spider on the tail of JFT looks better than the black panther they have painted on the tail of this JFT which is from 16 sqn.it lookis more like a monkey rather than panther.the panther on the fuel tank seems to be a good panther.

And I told everyone and my friend mosamania that RSAF will order more Typhoons, so in the end current F-15s will be considerably upgraded, but lets wait a few days more for the confirmation unless US does something to jeopardize. A wise choice from the perspective of success of Typhoons, there is nothing wrong with Typhoons only Europeans bad economy could not procure more orders other than that its next best to F-35s. Heard RSAF Typhoons are called "Desert Eagles".

i have my fingers crossed folks as there are some serious negotiations going on for an export order, besides Egypt!
Since you seem like an expert here :-). how close or serious is the Egyptian negotiations ?

Back
Top Bottom