What's new

Drones 'Terrorizing' Pakistani civilians | Stanford & NYU study finds.

Drones have been the best thing to happen to Pakistan probably next to the invention of the water car. Contrary to reports, in fact tribes in Waziristan accord it the status of the Ababeels ready to strike at will. People are so used to the seeing them flying so frequently that it is said to be the National Bird. Now that the recent kills have been those of AQ personnel, this will only increase the frequency of these birds in town. The best policy lies in implementing my signature !!!

Drones have been the best thing to happen to Pakistan probably next to the invention of the water car. Contrary to reports, in fact tribes in Waziristan accord it the status of the Ababeels ready to strike at will. People are so used to the seeing them flying so frequently that it is said to be the National Bird. Now that the recent kills have been those of AQ personnel, this will only increase the frequency of these birds in town. The best policy lies in implementing my signature !!!

Your idiocy knows no limit!

Your idiocy knows no limit!

The question is, have you??? Let me give you the punchline:

"Assertions by Obama administration officials, as well as by scholars, that these operations comply with international standards are undermined by the total absence of any forms of credible transparency or verifiable accountability. The CIA’s internal control mechanisms, including the Inspector-General, have had no discernible impact; executive control mechanisms have either not been activated at all or have ignored the issue; congressional oversight has given a ‘free pass’ to the CIA; judicial review has been effectively precluded; and external oversight has been reduced to media coverage which is all too often dependent on information leaked by the CIA itself"

These attempts to shift the focus onto Pakistan are predictable. As noted earlier, nothing Pakistan does can justify the deliberate mass murder of Pakistani civilians.

Ever heard of the 'Train the Trainer' concept? Don't you think that trainers of the trainers who allegedly trained these guys deserved to be droned too? But why would the CIA target her own operatives who were training these trainers back in the day!

One can either be neutral or Indian, well we know what you are!

This is 2012 not back in the day the Bali bombing, London 7/7 and many others such as the failed shoe bomber all had training in Pakistan so yes you will continue getting drone attacks as long as you keep snakes in your house.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12345809

BBC News - Drones: What are they and how do they work?

President Barack Obama has confirmed the US is using unmanned aircraft to target suspected militants in tribal areas of Pakistan. He defended the drone attacks, saying they made precision strikes and were kept on a "tight leash". What are drones used for and how are they controlled?

Drone attacks work!

http://www.viewpointonline.net/two-more-british-militants-killed-as-drone-strike-taliban-targets.html

Two British nationals were reportedly among the four people killed in a US drone attack, on December 10, in Dattakhel area of North Waziristan.

It is a very simple them vs us concept, why wait until the west is attacked when you can neutralise the threat at the source?

BBC News - Drones: What are they and how do they work?

President Barack Obama has confirmed the US is using unmanned aircraft to target suspected militants in tribal areas of Pakistan. He defended the drone attacks, saying they made precision strikes and were kept on a "tight leash". What are drones used for and how are they controlled?

Drone attacks work!

Two more British militants killed as drones strike Taliban targets

Two British nationals were reportedly among the four people killed in a US drone attack, on December 10, in Dattakhel area of North Waziristan.

It is a very simple them vs us concept, why wait until the west is attacked when you can neutralise the threat at the source?

No one is disputing the merit of killing terrorists; the issue here is the collateral damage.

49 innocents for every terrorist?

We all knew there was collateral damage, but this ratio seems unbelievable. And this from Western sources!

No one is disputing the merit of killing terrorists; the issue here is the collateral damage.

49 innocents for every terrorist?

We all knew there was collateral damage, but this ratio seems unbelievable. And this from Western sources!

That is a question for Pakistanis as it is your country when all is said and done, if there has been civilian deaths which by the looks of it there may have been but the figure of 49 to 1 terrorist killed seems a little high to me.

I am waiting for Imran Khan to come to power and see if he is a man of his word as he has said on a few occasions that he will plan to stop drone attacks within 30 days of taking office.

This is 2012 not back in the day the Bali bombing, London 7/7 and many others such as the failed shoe bomber all had training in Pakistan so yes you will continue getting drone attacks as long as you keep snakes in your house.

BBC News - 7/7 inquests: Bomber 'had calls from Pakistan'

You just had to prove my point about you! You were never expected to understand the hurt, fear and helplessness that these tribals have to endure......not just for themselves but for their children and families. Do you have children?

The fact that the Pakistani government agrees to these done strikes is mind boggling. Terrorists or no terrorists, alqaeda or no alqaeda, there is no excuse for that. No sovereign country should accept this. All of that because of few millions dollars :hitwall:

You just had to prove my point about you! You were never expected to understand the hurt, fear and helplessness that these tribals have to endure......not just for themselves but for their children and families. Do you have children?

That is not the case my friend, yes I can empathise with any innocent person killed but will that stop drone attacks? it is a complicated argument on one hand drone attacks do work and kill terrorists and even those who are enemies of Pakistan such as Ilyas Kashmiri and the likes but on the other flip side there have been innocent civilians who have been killed.

What I have said on my previous post was not my own view but I am giving a view of how the 'west' perceive the use of drones which is more important as they are the ones with the trigger in their hands.

That is not the case my friend, yes I can empathise with any innocent person killed but will that stop drone attacks? it is a complicated argument on one hand drone attacks do work and kill terrorists and even those who are enemies of Pakistan such as Ilyas Kashmiri and the likes but on the other flip side there have been innocent civilians who have been killed.

What I have said on my previous post was not my own view but I am giving a view of how the 'west' perceive the use of drones which is more important as they are the ones with the trigger in their hands.

But we already know what the 'west' perceives from these reports. However, the point that we really need to emphasize on is that these drone strikes are actually turning liberals into extremists. People who lose loved ones lost purpose of life, they acquire a single purpose then:

1) to seek and destroy those who have killed their loved ones by any means and if they cannot do that then,
2) to seek and destroy those who were supposed to be protecting their families and if they even cannot do that then,
3) to seek and destroy the fabric of this society as vented anger and frustration.

So basically, these drones are not merely taking out 1-2% extremists, they are also turning thousands of survivors into extremism and eventually to terrorism.

But we already know what the 'west' perceives from these reports. However, the point that we really need to emphasize on is that these drone strikes are actually turning liberals into extremists. People who lose loved ones lost purpose of life, they acquire a single purpose then:

1) to seek and destroy those who have killed their loved ones by any means and if they cannot do that then,
2) to seek and destroy those who were supposed to be protecting their families and if they even cannot do that then,
3) to seek and destroy the fabric of this society as vented anger and frustration.

So basically, these drones are not merely taking out 1-2% extremists, they are also turning thousands of survivors into extremism and eventually to terrorism.

From the 'west point' of view they believe the drone attacks are working as many high level al qaeda operatives have been killed in these strikes. You make a valid case that drone strikes are actually turning liberals into extremists and creating more terrorist but if drone strikes were to end tomorrow would that not mean more militants will be seeking sanctuary in FATA and plotting as they will know they are safe with no more drones in the sky?

This is a very complicated matter and many people like Gambit and VCheng as well as other senior members have made their views felt on this, my own view is that Pakistan armed forces should go into the NWFP and take these militants out then there is no excuse the American's can't say that Pakistan is not doing enough and why it needs to use drones.

Both acts are horrible and inhumane, they must both be discouraged and avoided. But to take the attention away from 1 heinous crime just for the sake of it is just as inhumane. Get my point?
What is more in-humane is that one get more of ho-halla and other get no outrage or very little outrage.May be i think reason being one is committed by usa beth direct involvement of Pakistani deep state and govt and other is committed by the pakistanis themselves.Hope you get my point too.

I really dont think pakistanis care about drone attacks. There is a sizable part of society (including govt) who are okey with drone attacks because it keeps their hands clean.
I also wonder whether pakistan will use drones againts terrorist hideout if it had access to drones. They already used fighter jets.
Its mostly violation of soverignty people are angry about, not human rights ( i mean rest of the people, not those who are victim).

Back
Top Bottom