What's new

DRDO’s BVRAAM Supersonic Missile ready for IAF fighters

Lols and that is why IAF ordered huge number of missiles from Russia....:lol:

Indian even reached moon although lander went inside moon surface. :lol:
Better than doing nothing

Its too little too late. 80 KM range from the tests. That makes them as useful as 90s Russian BVRs. When your foes are fielding 120+ KM weapons and planning to acquire 300 KM + range AAMs, this one does not even bring the basic on the table.

Thats weasel words. You have the capability or you don't. There is nothing called capability to develop.

Too expensive for them to field and will be useless for bulk of their fleet. Only select group of aircrafts will deploy it. Their choice of non-european radars limits its use.

Their is a difference between maximum range and No escape zone of a missile
Aim120 might have a max range of 120 km , but it cant kill a fighter at that range,
Indian Airforce recently bought 300 units of R27 missiles for its Su30mkis which has a range of 130+ Km, But IAF is unlikely to fire them at max range , since the chance of kill would be low at full range unless the opposition fighter is flying in a straight line.

The Astra Mark 1 has a max range of 110 km and recently managed to kill a target at 90 km.
I consider that a good achievement since it matches the performance of the improved R77E missiles which were ordered for the Mig29UPG and Mig29Ks

The question to ponder is this,,,wud u want to be the pilot of a craft wid this desi bvram facing chinese or pakistanis?(in a life n death situation)
For big talk Indians,,let me give a common example,,,ur child is morbidly sick,,wud u prefer ayushman bharat duplicate tablets or the german expensive original ones?
I hope it settles ur dilemma(if ever thr was one)

Why Indians are obsessed with the word "supersonic"?
Every Air to air missile I'm the world is supersonic. There is no such thing as subsonic air to air missile.
Why highlight something which is already known and nothing new?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom