What's new

DRDO UAV Projects

Then why is it called UAV rather than UCAV?
That section houses the landing gear + engine. Even then it looks pretty big.

DSC07240-718724.JPG

IMG_0963.jpg

I hope it'll look more like this.

It'll be armed.

UCAVs are usually dedicated attack drones. Nothing wrong with calling UCAVs, UAV either.

Rustom 2s main role is reconnaissance, but it'll be armed like predator.
Another questions pops out, if its for recon why dose it have 3 Blade prop ?? Aren't those noisy enough ?? Plus its have two of them !!

Another questions pops out, if its for recon why dose it have 3 Blade prop ?? Aren't those noisy enough ?? Plus its have two of them !!

Not sure why they choose two prop engines. Most of the ones that are the size of Rustom have one.

Not sure why they choose two prop engines. Most of the ones that are the size of Rustom have one.

i have the same question and why they didn't choose pusher configuration?

regarding two engines

compare rustom-2 to heron, both the uav's uses the same 115hp "Rotax 914 engine"

heron uses single engine and it's payload is 250 kg
rustom-2 uses twin engine and it's payload is 350kg

Any idea what is the MTOW of Rustom 2 ??

Will give an idea why 2 engines are required .

i have the same question and why they didn't choose pusher configuration?

regarding two engines

compare rustom-2 to heron, both the uav's uses the same 115hp "Rotax 914 engine"

heron uses single engine and it's payload is 250 kg
rustom-2 uses twin engine and it's payload is 350kg

It is not the payload but the MTOW that matters .

Any idea what is the MTOW of Rustom 2 ??

Will give an idea why 2 engines are required .

It is not the payload but the MTOW that matters .

i know that but i was just comparing this aspect as didn't find the prospective MTOW of rustom 2

by the way why the design of those engine assemblies seems so crude (not very aerodynamic) and it doesn't matches the white coloured model they showed up in previous defexpo?

i know that but i was just comparing this aspect as didn't find the prospective MTOW of rustom 2

by the way why the design of those engine assemblies seems so crude (not very aerodynamic) and it doesn't matches the white coloured model they showed up in previous defexpo?

No idea mate but I agree with you ,the design of the engine assembly in the picture appears more aerodynamic .

They may enhance it in the subsequent models .

DSC07240-718724.JPG

DRDO Rustom-2 Taxi Trial:

Dil khush kar dita DRDO ne :India:

Back
Top Bottom