What's new

DRDO to shoot down missile at 150 km altitude

Thats the reason they r increasing it altitude and range..
The Ballistic missile will be shot down before it's MIRV opens Up..
First it was 80Km,
now they r testing it for 150Km..
The target is 300KM altitude..

no man they make is invisible, dont bother about it..we work for us not for others... any ways great work DRDO:cheers::yahoo::yahoo::victory:

great news after a lot of faliurs DRDO has started to improve its track record. after all only after one makes mistakes can one suceed.
good going hope they are able to compleat it on time .

its off course a good news

but one thing i dont understand is why DRDO has to announce everything right after it is planned?????
they should rather first work on concept and when work is atleast completed half then they can start making it public.
why to boast declare things which havent even reached designing phase yet?
only this attitude gives people chance to say that DRDO talks big delivers less.

India has a matured the technologies as far as strategic weapons and delivery systems are considered. A credible and reliable BMD is the need of the hour. No more nuclear blackmail from failed states.

That means India will be the third country to possess this capability if the test succeeds.

No. India is the second country after US to demonstrate mid course interception. On March 2009 DRDO destroyed ballistic missile at an altitude of 75 km. PAD had capability to destroy up to 80 km altitude. The new missile PDV has capability to destroy up to 150 km and they will further upgrade it to 300 km.

YouTube - PAD: Indian missile defence test 06-03-2009

its off course a good news

but one thing i dont understand is why DRDO has to announce everything right after it is planned?????
they should rather first work on concept and when work is atleast completed half then they can start making it public.
why to boast declare things which havent even reached designing phase yet?
Every country do the same that is an announce the plan of test. Recent two tests of US BMD was failure. Most of the initial tests of THAAD were also failures.

This is not plan, PDV is developed and ready for test.

only this attitude gives people chance to say that DRDO talks big delivers less.
Which system DRDO talked but didn't deliver? What about the failures of other countries? Do you know how many projects were terminated by USA and USSR? How many projects terminated by DRDO? What about the recent failures of US BMD tests?

@ SMC...Invincibility of Shaheen is highly doubted here on forum, unless you or some MOD explains how.
@ topic.
shoot down at altitude of 150 Km would be mean much faster interception, much faster reaction and also much faster missile.
Anyone has more info about this program ?

Every country do the same that is an announce the plan of test. Recent two tests of US BMD was failure. Most of the initial tests of THAAD were also failures.

This is not plan, PDV is developed and ready for test.

Which system DRDO talked but didn't deliver? What about the failures of other countries? Do you know how many projects were terminated by USA and USSR? How many projects terminated by DRDO? What about the recent failures of US BMD tests?

i dont have problems with failures. they are step towards success and i know that.
my only point is we should not announce everything right after we start thinking about it. we can wait till making some progress on that program and then announce.

and i m not claiming DRDO dint deliver anything that it claimed.:coffee:

i dont have problems with failures. they are step towards success and i know that.
my only point is we should not announce everything right after we start thinking about it. we can wait till making some progress on that program and then announce.
The have made the system but waiting for the test. Do you think they have just planned to make the missile and announced the test? No.

and i m not claiming DRDO dint deliver anything that it claimed.:coffee:

I am not asking for anything, I am saying which system DRDO didn't deliver. Forget other countries even US has so many projects scrapped.

Anyone has more info about this program ?
I think this is the next phase of BMD shield, the first phase is almost completed but there might be a couple of test in the first half of 2011. There were few articles stating that.
During this trial DRDO might also try the Swordfish radar(current range 600 km) with increased range of 1,500 km as there were plans to develop that too by 2011.
Read this :
Phase 2 of BMD shield (source: wiki)
Two new anti ballistic missiles that can intercept IRBM/ICBMs are being developed. These high speed missiles (AD-1 and AD-2) are being developed to intercept ballistic missiles with a range of around 5,000 km (3,100 mi).[24] The test trials of these two systems are expected to take place in 2011.[25] The new missile will be similar to the THAAD missile deployed by the U.S.A. These missiles will travel at hypersonic speeds and will require radars with scan capability of over 1,500 km (930 mi) to successfully intercept the target.[26]
India is also planning to develop a laser based weapon system as part of its defense to intercept and destroy missiles soon after they are launched towards the country. DRDO's Air Defence Programme Director V. K. Saraswat says its ideal to destroy a ballistic missile carrying nuclear or conventional warheads in its boost phase. Saraswat further added that it will take another 10–15 years for the premier defence research institute to make it usable on the ground.[27]

A picture of the endo-atmospheric anti-missile,

AAD_Test_Crop.jpg

No. India is the second country after US to demonstrate mid course interception. On March 2009 DRDO destroyed ballistic missile at an altitude of 75 km. PAD had capability to destroy up to 80 km altitude. The new missile PDV has capability to destroy up to 150 km and they will further upgrade it to 300 km.

Sorry China has already successfully tested 1000km+ altitude interception. Google it up the sources are quite old. It was revealed in the beginning of 2010.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom