What's new

DRDO test flies Rustom TD unmanned aircraft

Rustom with a designed endurance of 12-15 hour, 25000 ft. altitude and 75 kg pay load is forerunner to the more advanced Rustom H and UCAV. The data link for this aircraft has been developed by DEAL, another DRDO laboratory and the airframe has been built by Zephyr Aerospace, Coimbatore. The subsequent flights will test and demonstrate these capabilities such as way point navigation, altitude and endurance parameters, the systems for which have been already incorporated in the aircraft.

Dude Rustom TD is derived from NAL's LCRA which was developed in the 80s.

lcra_fly.jpg

Yup! I agree! In fact this is LCRA only with very slight modifications. It will validate the tech for Rustom-H to follow.

Just wanted to observe that both the indian and the chinese crafts are of Long-EZ design. I said it in a roundabout way.

LCRA

For those who don't know, The LCRA,Light Canard Research Aircraft NAL's first, was built by the Hansa's designer, the late Prof. Rustum Damania and his small team of engineers, thus forming the starting point and nucleus of small aircraft design at NAL; the all-composite LCRA , was built for research purpose.

Check out this beautiful pic....

lcra_taxi.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulating and asking for specs. is trolling! :hitwall:
You are acting very sensitive... sounds like very artificial.

BTW... specs. are still missing. ;)

You did that to run away from the trolling you started by posting an year old thread and a model of chinese ucav.

specs already given but you have no time to read it other than posting unrelated BS.

We also have it but we never tried to re-paint it.

Pardon me sire...you chose the wrong thread to post. This thread is not about Pakistani UAV's. Can you read the title sire?:undecided:

Your 'elite' status told me you can. Pardon me if I made a wrong conjecture.

Any idea why the Persian name Rustom and not something in Sanskrit?

Its a Indian Who developed it so to honour his contribution........ they have named it Rustom it dosent matter its sanskrit or islamic or buddhist or jain.................

They say picture can communicate better but seems you are trolling, otherwise you can see the dark model is armed.
Hence the hypothesis.

Now, i'm sorry if it is Chinese... any one would be mistaken for that... both seems carbon copy.

Can any one help to find the history of this striking resemblance?

Perhaps you should have better choice words to express yourself..

Your statement that..
"The picture in dark colors hint a more advanced development stage."

means that you able to guess development stage of an aircraft from it picture...rather than pointing out that one is UAV and other is a UCAV.

Don't worry mate. He is allowed to troll and get away with it. I reported him but to no avail. Leave it and read the signature.

Yeah just see his 'contribution' to the thread, totally unrelated BS. But still going onnnnn... :pop:

Von Hölle;1209549 said:
Perhaps you should have better choice words to express yourself..

Your statement that..
"The picture in dark colors hint a more advanced development stage."

means that you able to guess development stage of an aircraft from it picture...rather than pointing out that one is UAV and other is a UCAV.

Do you think he believe in or understand logic? Dude don't waste your time.

He got that from the light/darkness of the picture in the background. :rolleyes:

Both are identical!!!
Just different paint color and different angle.
The picture in dark colors hint a more advanced development stage.

so the chinies have copied our prototype also:hitwall::hitwall: ................

RustomTD/LCRA is a Long-EZ design.

Long-EZ

A design first proposed by legendary Burt Rutan. It is something like the following diagram..

paperlongezcopy.jpg

The benefits of this design are.

1.Long range efficient flight at high altitude with high endurance; in short one of the most ideal shapes for UAVs.

2.All airplanes can glide; however, the Long EZ is so efficient that with an altitude of 5 feet over the landing end of a runway, and an airspeed of 120 knots, the engine can be turned off, then the aircraft can climb back to an altitude high enough to fly a 360 degree landing pattern and land on the same runway.

3.Canards with elevators make sure that the aircraft does not stall easily.

4.Craft can descend at a higher rate (not sure about this model though)

In short, we are on the correct path!:sniper:

Last edited:
With bollywood in our blood, we like to dance a lot. So at take-offend landing Rustum was dancing.
On serious not almost crashed has not meaning, that way will you accept landed? It took off and landed completing all mission parameters that's it.

Back
Top Bottom