What's new

DRDO SWIFT UCAV detailed design Model released, will eventually transform into DRDO Ghatak UCAV.

Judging by rear, just a lazy model. No rear engine bay, just completely flat.

meanwhile somewhere in the west
Anyone with a basic understanding of control systems can do that. The point is, how will you remotely work on it from hundreds of miles away flying at least at a 100 knots on a turbofan engine and the drone should carry weapons and surveillance equipment, must be jam-proof.

Here's another meanwhile somewhere in the west.

good hope this project will induct soon in IAF but i think this designs is a carbon copy of X-47 V-2, i think Northrop Grumman/LM is collaborating with Indian aerospace industries

Anyone with a basic understanding of control systems can do that. The point is, how will you remotely work on it from hundreds of miles away flying at least at a 100 knots on a turbofan engine and the drone should carry weapons and surveillance equipment, must be jam-proof.

Here's another meanwhile somewhere in the west.
Its actually even more complex for stealth as there are compromises needed to make a stealth profile.

When stealth is required the conventional wisdom of drone communications don't apply will need to get communications to a minimum to avoid detection by passive sensors. If its a stealth drone then it will need high degree of autonomy, so AI is very important.

Judging from the design we need to know the powerplant rating to know what size it will be. Because unless its really large this type of profile doesnt allow for internal SAT communication antenna needed for long distance guidance (200km+). 250KM is max for RF UAV communication which is non SAT guidance.
5f800398c9de3d2ef85aea95.jpg

MQ-9_Reaper_Satcom.jpg

What Russia and others are doing in terms of stealth drones is since communication range is limited, make them autonomous for flight but act as wingmen for manned fighters for carrying and delivering weapons into high risk theater while the manned fighter flies near (less than 150-200km) within RF range to give instructions.

So either its going to be a large heavy stealth drone that can have a SAT link to ground, or a medium sized wingman. If its small/or medium and supposed to be controlled from ground then it would be severely limited by range since it doesnt have the profile for the internal two way VSAT antenna.
MQ-25-unmanned-tanker.jpg

zMG_7865.jpg

media-handler.php

Last edited:
Beyond Pathetic. This project has been going on for almost 10 years now and this is the result so far???? loool.
You’ve been crying around the threads for a long time. It takes time and I feel its just 10 years, a model released doesn’t mean we have achieved nothing, this model for which you are crying of the SWIFT UAV will be Tested this year only in 2021, the UAV model you are seeing is of SWIFT UAV and the SWIFT UAV will have first flight this year only.

The MISHRA DHATU NIGAM LTD has dispatched the first consignment of high-temperature alloy for GTRE ‘Kaveri dry engine program’ power plant for ADE's UCAV. The consignment was containing nickel-base superalloy (Superni 263A) and titanium alloy (Titan 31A) forged bars thoroughly qualified in

IMO there's nothing surprising about this. Yes, the India had a lot of trouble with managing the Tejas, but a lot of their issues stemmed from indigenous R&D. It was a messier route, but they learned a lot. Like, a lot.

Now, India's about to reap the benefits of its built-up capacity and expertise. I expect more 'surprises' in the coming years -- IMO the TEDBF and ORCA will do fine provided the IAF doesn't engage in requirement creep.

Making jet engine for UCAV first while AMCA will use F 414, this is what I am suggesting for Turkey for years. I dont know whether Kavalerie engine is used in this first flight, but this is the logical things to do, step by step.

IMO there's nothing surprising about this. Yes, the India had a lot of trouble with managing the Tejas, but a lot of their issues stemmed from indigenous R&D. It was a messier route, but they learned a lot. Like, a lot.

Now, India's about to reap the benefits of its built-up capacity and expertise. I expect more 'surprises' in the coming years -- IMO the TEDBF and ORCA will do fine provided the IAF doesn't engage in requirement creep.

I simply meant I was not aware how far they already progressed with it.

Making jet engine for UCAV first while AMCA will use F 414, this is what I am suggesting for Turkey for years. I dont know whether Kavalerie engine is used in this first flight, but this is the logical things to do, step by step.

Allegedly a Russian NPO Saturn 36MT turbofan engine.

This is a joke right? This is like when the Iranians showed off their "stealth fighter". This is a scale mode, does not even seem to be stealth. Look at the size of the wheels relative to the body, they are massive. Not much room for internal fuel and weapons when they retract, if they even do retract.

Back
Top Bottom