What's new

DRDO successfully tests 1000 Kg Class Indigenous Guided Glide Bomb

I never said ...Bomb was developed in 6 months of time... Here my point is BJP Government funded and supported them properly and it is big Moral Booster support to them....Result you can see

That doesn't make any sense, since DRDO officials themsels stated, that lack of funding was never an issue for any project, nor is the additional funding of DRDO resulting in speeding up LCAs FOC, let alone was able to prevent the Kaveri failure. So more funding => better moral => more results is clearly not working, at least not for DRDO.

Actually we should be proud now.No need to push it off to a later date as the current achievement is significant!

Wrong, because pride won't defend the country, only a capable weapon system does and as long LCA is not capable enough according to the requireds, it's pointless to let ourself blind with pride, since that only distracts from actually finishing the project!
Same goes for N-LCA now, the ski jump take off is just a first step, but nothing was achieved, since none of the naval modifactions were important for that. Be it the angled nose, the airframe and gear strengthening, the LEVCONS and soon hopefully the hook, all that is meant to make N-LCA land with arrested landing. So only with the first successful arrested landing, we know if the navalisation worked or not. That still doesn't make it a capable carrier fighter, but at least it will be able to take off and land on a carrier.

Give credit when it's due, not just to celebrate anything!

Wrong, because pride won't defend the country, only a capable weapon system does and as long LCA is not capable enough according to the requireds, it's pointless to let ourself blind with pride, since that only distracts from actually finishing the project!
Same goes for N-LCA now, the ski jump take off is just a first step, but nothing was achieved, since none of the naval modifactions were important for that. Be it the angled nose, the airframe and gear strengthening, the LEVCONS and soon hopefully the hook, all that is meant to make N-LCA land with arrested landing. So only with the first successful arrested landing, we know if the navalisation worked or not. That still doesn't make it a capable carrier fighter, but at least it will be able to take off and land on a carrier.

Give credit when it's due, not just to celebrate anything!
I'm not 'blind' with pride!
This is a genuinely great moment in Indian Aviation History!
BTW,The LCA N hasLEVCONS, Drooped Nose, Strengthened undercarriage, different CLAW etc.
And you are ill informed on the arrested recovery bit.(Commodore Maolonkar's presentation at AI)
The take-off is the most important part.(India has no documentations on this but has enough resources for the AR,courtesy:US)

I'm not 'blind' with pride!
This is a genuinely great moment in Indian Aviation History!

The 2nd sentence says it all and you clearly didn't read my post properly, since I said that none of the naval modifications are needed for the take off, but for the landing. The LEVCONS for example are important to allow slower speeds during landing, the angled cockpit better visibility during landing, the gears to take the forces during the landing... => therefor the take off from a shore based ski-jump doesn't prove that all the modifications work as planned, only the arrested landing tests will show that. This first take off is another step in the right direction in the general N-LCA project, but other than that is not a big step and the delayed roll out and test of the NP2 (was was planned for last month) will actually be a bigger step, because that version is meant to test the landing too and might even be tested on the INS Vikramaditya.
However, all this is pretty pointless anyway unless the Air Force / base version of the LCA is still not fully developed and in production. That is far more important and has a far bigger impact on Indian aviation industry, which is why we have to keep focusing on finishing that. Without LCA MK1 and later MK2, there is no N-LCA!

Back
Top Bottom