What's new

DRDO draws inspiration from aborted Nirbhay mission | Next launch in 8 mont

GSAT-7 is primarily for the IN and it will belong to the IN. The IAF and IA are set to get their own dedicated comn sats in 2015 and 2016 respectively.

Exactly...
So it was me a "PAKSTANI" who had to point you in the right direction by giving you clues..Otherwise its full time troll thread with nothing new or useful being posted by "Indian members" about their own missile..

On topic....The indian Battlefield monitoring system for missiles is suspected to be radar based for Ballistic missiles and no system exists yet for cruise missiles. including Brahmos..Unless you want to add something?

The Nirbhay Loitering capability will only be useful when the satellite is up there....

Exactly...
So it was me a "PAKSTANI" who had to point you in the right direction by giving you clues..Otherwise its full time troll thread with nothing new or useful being posted by "Indian members" about their own missile..

On topic....The indian Battlefield monitoring system for missiles is suspected to be radar based for Ballistic missiles and no system exists yet for cruise missiles. including Brahmos..Unless you want to add something?

The Nirbhay Loitering capability will only be useful when the satellite is up there....

Brahmos also uses GPS for its guidance mate :cheers:

@Safriz you seem to be getting yourself caught up in terminology and details but the substance and content of your words are getting diluted to the point I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Are you saying India has no access to comunication satillites (its own or that of friends)?
Are you saying India has no access to remote sensing satillites (its own or that of friends)?
Are you saying this RF/electronic flight trajectory-cum missile health tracking system fitted on a MKI was anything more than unique to testing, or are you trying to imply this is how the Nirbhay would be deployed in combat (ie with an MKI chase a/c) when it comes online properly in 2017?

You do realise this was just a test don't you? No one has said this was anything than an intial launch to test the robustness of the missile’s airframe- NOTHING MORE. As such most of the "guts" of the missile were absent including its SATCOM antennas. Also a chase a/c flying a few KMs behind with a FLIR and RF/optronic flight trajectory-cum missile health tracking system offers much more accurate data than is going to be possible with a satillite.

I find it highly unlikely the Babur or Raad first flew in their full-production spec- this would be pointless and against the standard protocals for missile testing wherein you test the basics like the airframe's robustness and the powerplant and go from there intot the more technical areas like payload,antennas guidance system etc this was in no way the production model so why are you jumping to conclusions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brahmos also uses GPS for its guidance mate :cheers:

it does...But i was pointing out india's capability to accurately trace the missile and know in real time if the missile has hit the target or not..
In battlefield,not in a controlled experiment via telemetry...

How do you know? by the way Hatf-5 missile fell from sky decade after missile tests. :lol:
the fuel tank and RV are supposed to fall to the ground in all ballistic missiles...

it does...But i was pointing out india's capability to accurately trace the missile and know in real time if the missile has hit the target or not..
In battlefield,not in a controlled experiment via telemetry...

the fuel tank and RV are supposed to fall to the ground in all ballistic missiles...

India do have the Guidance tech for a supersonic cruise missile based on satellites.

Some of the techs which are used in Brahmos can be used in Nirbhay so it is won't take much time to develop.

@Safriz you seem to be getting yourself caught up in terminology and details but the substance and content of your words are getting diluted to the point I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Are you saying India has no access to comunication satillites (its own or that of friends)?
Are you saying India has no access to remote sensing satillites (its own or that of friends)?
Are you saying this RF/electronic flight trajectory-cum missile health tracking system fitted on a MKI was anything more than unique to testing, or are you trying to imply this is how the Nirbhay would be deployed in combat (ie with an MKI chase a/c) when it comes online properly in 2017?

You do realise this was just a test don't you? No one has said this was anything than an intial launch to test the robustness of the missile’s airframe- NOTHING MORE. As such most of the "guts" of the missile were absent including its SATCOM antennas. Also a chase a/c flying a few KMs behind with a FLIR and RF/optronic flight trajectory-cum missile health tracking system offers much more accurate data than is going to be possible with a satillite.

I find it highly unlikely the Babur or Raad first flew in their full-production spec- this would be pointless and against the standard protocals for missile testing wherein you test the basics like the airframe's robustness and the powerplant and go from there intot the more technical areas like payload,antennas guidance system etc this was in no way the production model so why are you jumping to conclusions?

I was asking about Indian equivalent of Pakistan's
Fully Automated Strategic Command and Control Support System (SCCSS)

that should be a system of monitoring,targeting,re-targeting all Indian missiles,not just nirbhay....

Last edited by a moderator:
Failure is part of life. It teaches us where we lack and where have to improve. Date which is collected during test of missile ll help DRDO to judge themself and perform better.
In such a low budget and high expectations where DRDO has to develop every weapon for India, i think they are improving with time.
and i am sure they ll do better next time.. :)

I was asking about Indian equivalent of Pakistan's
Fully Automated Strategic Command and Control Support System (SCCSS)

that should be a system of monitoring,targeting,re-targeting all Indian missiles,not just nirbhay....

You were asking 'radio optometri'. Wth is that only Pak has it and Google doesnt. :lol:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom