What's new

DRDO draws inspiration from aborted Nirbhay mission | Next launch in 8 mont

Observation by radio waves,such as radar, observation by optical meand such as chase plane and telescopes,and electronics such as onboard sensors sendinb out data.
"Radio optronics".

This is part of Telemetry!
Google and find such phrase as radio optronics....

This is part of Telemetry!
Google and find such phrase as radio optronics....
Yes....

But is there any way of knowing if the missile followed correct path and actually hit the target? In battlefield? As telemetry isnt possible in battlefield...it too resource intensive.

Such system has been developed and in use with Babur and Raad...
So that if the missile strayed off coarse or was intercepted mid flight,a second missile could be launched via different route...to increase survivability.

And BTW thanks for telling me of a website called 'Google'. Much obliged.

Yes....

But is there any way of knowing if the missile followed correct path and actually hit the target? In battlefield? As telemetry isnt possible in battlefield...it too resource intensive.

So that if the missile strayed off coarse or was intercepted mid flight,a second missile could be launched via different route...to increase survivability.

What is that system, and how they do it?

Well, to yr addendum: telemetry is employed for testing purpose.

What is that system, and how they do it?

Well, to yr addendum: telemetry is employed for testing purpose.

You just told me of a website called 'Google'.
Try using that...i aint gona tell ya :lol:

May be..
And not worth it....

Okey, now it is the time for this ballistic Missile Range officer to tell you some.

In the case of Fire n Forget type true missiles, as is Brahmos, which has never disappointed in 31 times (it got) tested. You are not worried about the target health after the missile launch. It is understood, that the impact must have decimated its target. Because Brahmos is a bull's eye friendly missile.

In other cases, the simple google earth comes handy. You know the target, launch the missile, after its cruise of whatever minutes - just open the google earth and find the target, if its still in one piece!

Now thank me!
:)

Okey, now it is the time for this ballistic Missile Range officer to tell you some.

In the case of Fire n Forget type true missiles, as is Brahmos, which has never disappointed in 31 times (it got) tested. You are not worried about the target health after the missile launch. It is understood, that the impact must have decimated its target. Because Brahmos is a bull's eye friendly missile.

In other cases, the simple google earth comes handy. You know the target, launch the missile, after its cruise of whatever minutes - just open the google earth and find the target, if its still in one piece!

Now thank me!
:)

Hmm... Very cheap but accurate method... :D

Ajay Shukla does it again...
Things i wanted to know....
1. Such as why the missile was flying at 4000 meters for today's test?

For ease of monitoring and....
Because this time there was no terrain hugging systems onboard for today's test.

2.The missile will finally be inducted in 2017.

The seemingly larger size and resultant extra fuel carrying capacity can be used in two ways.
One for shorter range and then loitering over a target,
Or for longer range direct to a target.

DRDO has developed a radio optical system for monitoring the flight path of the missile.

On Babur the missile path is mainly monitored via Beidou satellite.

Point 1: Terrain Hugging will be tested in future. This is the first test of the Nirbhay and parameters of each test vary.

Point 2: Brahmos already has the guidence features and so they can be used in Nirbhay and so Cruise missile tech is not new to India, Nirbhay will be completed a fast rate.

Point 3: India will use IRNSS in future, they are using GPS for Brahmos, may be even GLONASS.

Here is what actually happened... The missile was quiet accurate upto 3-4 way points going along the east coast very well after Paradweep It had to cruise about 38-40km before making the next way point to turn [from which It was supposed to be heading for a long cruise 200-300km alongside coastline parallel to Puri.] but instead it started turning at 32.5-33km which could have brought the missile dangerously close to the coast for the next way point which had important cities and heritage sites in vicinity... hence the engine was shutdown and missile deviated towards the coast for crash landing... all the while a Su30MKI had been following the missile.

Yes....

And BTW thanks for telling me of a website called 'Google'. Much obliged.
@Safirz please- India has far more surveillance satellites available to it than Pakistan, when the need arises you can bet they will be used. The resources are available to the DRDO so the fact they weren't utilised shows that the DRDO were not testing that specific part of the missile yesterday.

Wrt Pakistan using the Beidou satellite to monitor their strategic missile tests- that's pretty trusting of Pakistan, I don't think you should be bragging about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if we could improve the testing process by building numerous missiles so we can test asap and institue any minor/major changes immediately, as need be. This could help the speed fo development.

@Safirz please- India has far more surveillance satellites available to it than Pakistan, when the need arises you can bet they will be used. The resources are available to the DRDO so the fact they weren't utilised shows that the DRDO were not testing that specific part of the missile yesterday.

Wrt Pakistan using the Beidou satellite to monitor their strategic missile tests- that's pretty trusting of Pakistan, I don't think you should be bragging about this.

Thats not blind trust...its a strategic alliance..SUPARCO operates Beidou satellite tracking and data uplink stations from within Pakistani territory,hence the integration of Beidou in strategic missiles...

No such capability is known for India...Normal optronic Telemetry cannot be utilized in war.

However i will give you a hint....India's the real time missile monitoring capability is suspected to be via INSAT-4F or GSAT-7.

Nirbhay is said to have "Loitering" capability and that means it will need two way communication somehow? The prinme suspect for providing this coms is GSAT-7

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not blind trust...its a strategic alliance..SUPARCO operates Beidou satellite tracking and data uplink stations from within Pakistani territory,hence the integration of Beidou in strategic missiles...

No such capability is known for India...Normal optronic Telemetry cannot be utilized in war.

However i will give you a hint....India's the real time missile monitoring capability is suspected to be via INSAT-4F or GSAT-7.

Nirbhay is said to have "Loitering" capability and that means it will need two way communication somehow? The prinme suspect for providing this coms is GSAT-7

GSAT-7 is primarily for the IN and it will belong to the IN. The IAF and IA are set to get their own dedicated comn sats in 2015 and 2016 respectively.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom