What's new

DRDO developing futuristic rifles for Army

man i did see the XM25 videos its killer weapon trust me.......... except for the recoil thing.... the recoil is huge if not fired correctly it will crush the collar bone.....

Guyz,

Do u know the great DRDO stuff we are talking bout is actually a joint venture between DRDO and IDF, Isreal. Infact the so called F-Insas is an upgraded version of very famour tavor TAR-21 rilfe.

This is MTAR-21 (micro TAR) and its indian varient is called SITRA (zittara).

DRDO infact took the tar-21 and with IDF came up with an upgraded version.

And this MTAR is done with basic testings and is in process to go 4 mass production of 1st batch.

CONGRATS ! Finally we will have a worldclass bullpup rifle with our soldiers. :cheers:

can u please differentiate between carbine and rifle it really confuses me... Thanks in advance

Dude, plz notice this is bull pup. ultimately its barrel length from magazine is almost same as any other rifle.

Thanks !

self encouragement always help in build castle bro...

Hmmm when are we going to have Laser weapon ...

I remember we had developed a target spot designator for the guns...

way to go star wars way :partay:

Bro, there is a huge difference between self encouragement/ motivation and beating one's own drum (that too if the drum has not been made yet). I'm sure you can appreciate the difference, specially since you have so much knowledge on defence weaponaries.

This is the same approach Kapil Sibal took in unveiling the 35$ tablets which had ultimately shamed us in front of the whole world. I'm sure we don't want to be like these moron politicians.

Negative this is ( below)- hands down. The smartest gun :D

977542905_251644.jpg

XM25-SMART-GUN.jpg

The XM-25 is said to be the first of its kind. As reported by the BBC, the weapon "uses a laser guidance system and specially developed 25mm high explosive rounds which can be programmed to detonate over a target."

A microchip embedded into each XM-25 shell allows the shooter to take aim at targets that have taken cover. AFP explains,

That seems like a pretty expensive and useless weapon. If the bullet can shoot through the wall, why not just shoot regular bullets and kill the guy via direct shot?

Bro, there is a huge difference between self encouragement/ motivation and beating one's own drum (that too if the drum has not been made yet). I'm sure you can appreciate the difference, specially since you have so much knowledge on defence weaponaries.

This is the same approach Kapil Sibal took in unveiling the 35$ tablets which had ultimately shamed us in front of the whole world. I'm sure we don't want to be like these moron politicians.

Dude, For ur good info, zittara is passed for the massproduction of 1st batch.......ENJOY !:cheers:

That seems like a pretty expensive and useless weapon. If the bullet can shoot through the wall, why not just shoot regular bullets and kill the guy via direct shot?

You should look it up. it is the "SMARTEST" gun: It does not shoot through the wall.

The air-bursting shells [can travel] up to 2,300 feet (700 meters), well past the range of most rifles used by today's soldiers allowing troops to neutralize insurgents hiding behind walls, rocks or trenches or inside buildings. If, for example, an enemy combatant pops up from behind a wall to fire at US troops and then ducks behind it, an XM25 gunner can aim the laser range finder at the top of the wall, then program the shell to detonate one meter beyond it, showering lethal fragmentation where the insurgent is seeking cover.

IT won;t matter....India defense has a terrible issue with producing enough weapons to reach all her soldiers. The Insas rifles from the 90's still haven't been given to all the soldiers and related paramilitary forces in INdia. What's the point of producing such weapons if it takes longer than a decade to equip your forces. By the time you equip the forces, the weapons either become obsolete or the soldiers lack much needed training to shoot and take of the weapon properly. This is one area India can learn about with regard to how China and the US quickly manufacture their weapons and supply it to their respective armies.
Good move though, but make sure you are able to supply it and allow sufficient time to train with it. Al the best.

Also India should aim to equip these guns with multiple sensors like thermal, infrared, night vision, etc. In case, the enemy uses an effective countermeasure to hide, switching between multiple sensors will help identify them. I know both pakistan and India both have produced "blankets" that protect their tanks and even smaller versions to protect from individual infantry. I was wondering if this was issued to every soldier, as a means to launch a surprise attack?

IT won;t matter....India defense has a terrible issue with producing enough weapons to reach all her soldiers. The Insas rifles from the 90's still haven't been given to all the soldiers and related paramilitary forces in INdia. What's the point of producing such weapons if it takes longer than a decade to equip your forces. By the time you equip the forces, the weapons either become obsolete or the soldiers lack much needed training to shoot and take of the weapon properly. This is one area India can learn about with regard to how China and the US quickly manufacture their weapons and supply it to their respective armies.
Good move though, but make sure you are able to supply it and allow sufficient time to train with it. Al the best.

dude, why compare something what india did 20 yrs back to what it is doing now. dont u see india has transformed completely in past 2 decade. from license raj to a open market economy.

all that u specified is subject to econimic development . isnt it?

what a comparitively poor india did shudnt be and cant be compared to todays date.

dude, why compare something what india did 20 yrs back to what it is doing now. dont u see india has transformed completely in past 2 decade. from license raj to a open market economy.

all that u specified is subject to econimic development . isnt it?

what a comparitively poor india did shudnt be and cant be compared to todays date.

I hoping for the best, but we have to be aware of our flaws. 10 yrs ago India was still shackled by policies toward liberalization, even it has come a long way. I am simply stating the obvious, we need to rectify such issues. Corruption and lack of defense preparation is everywhere, India just need to keep a watchful eye on the situation. 26/11 happened 2 years ago, and the world saw the sorry state of the special forces. Like I said, every problem is an opportunity! So identifying such issues is key to improving preparedness.

I hoping for the best, but we have to be aware of our flaws. 10 yrs ago India was still shackled by policies toward liberalization, even it has come a long way. I am simply stating the obvious, we need to rectify such issues. Corruption and lack of defense preparation is everywhere, India just need to keep a watchful eye on the situation. 26/11 happened 2 years ago, and the world saw the sorry state of the special forces. Like I said, every problem is an opportunity! So identifying such issues is key to improving preparedness.

sometimes i think the world is so sarcastic (and they accuse me of being one)....:rofl::rofl:

u know some days back some members of this forum were criticizing indian defense spending and were talking bout caring bout indian BHOOKE NANGE.

now some days back again some memebrs were talking bout sorry state of our defence and how incompetent we are as compared to obvious others.....

I mean, what da heck shud we do....... what exactly do da world expect from us......

after 26/11, we geared up to be strong in our defence......even that is da problem for some......if we dont then they take us for a ride......

i mean what da heck !

Dude, For ur good info, zittara is passed for the massproduction of 1st batch.......ENJOY !:cheers:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

In that case.. YUPEEEE!!!!! Congrats to all Indians including me.

:cheers::yahoo::yahoo:

sometimes i think the world is so sarcastic (and they accuse me of being one)....:rofl::rofl:

u know some days back some members of this forum were criticizing indian defense spending and were talking bout caring bout indian BHOOKE NANGE.

now some days back again some memebrs were talking bout sorry state of our defence and how incompetent we are as compared to obvious others.....

I mean, what da heck shud we do....... what exactly do da world expect from us......

after 26/11, we geared up to be strong in our defence......even that is da problem for some......if we dont then they take us for a ride......

i mean what da heck !

I hear ya.....our main problem with our forces is that they need to get that creative bug! Once, a few soldiers get that and encourage others, others will follow thru. I tried helping India back in 98-2000 but being an American citizen there was no mechanism to facilitate any suggestions that may help. I wasn't looking to get paid either, just wanted to help the motherland.

Back
Top Bottom