What's new

Drafting PDF policy on Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's stupid. You are putting all of us a great risk (approximately 50,000 PDF members ), are you going to invite them to bring more problems to PDF and Pakistan ?? Are you making more burden on our Administrations?

No, we are not allow to be involved in this matters. Aeronaut, if you are desperately fighting for the freedom of Syria, we will offer you a free ticket of PIA or private plane.

Quit the religious stuffs or ummah, please!

That's stupid. You are putting all of us a great risk (approximately 50,000 PDF members ), are you going to invite them to bring more problems to PDF and Pakistan ?? Are you making more burden on our Administrations?

No, we are not allow to be involved in this matters. Aeronaut, if you are desperately fighting for the freedom of Syria, we will offer you a free ticket of PIA or private plane.

Quit the religious stuffs or ummah, please!

Get a chill pill , if you are unable to contribute , feel free to shut up. Thanks

I personally prefer non-involvement, these are so complicated matters and almost everyone involved has a myriad of agendas working in the background.

For example you can support the resistance, but can you guarantee the resistance is not being aided by the CIA like the Libyan one was?

Assad Al Bashar must be dealt with the Syrians themselves and they need to uproot them. If we support foreign meddling in Syria what is to prevent foreigners to meddle in our country if we one day decide to topple the government?

Something as serious as regime change should be done by the nation itself.

We have to rise above to this, we shall be able to understand a game being played with us since long time.

for example, the regularly released statements of OBL, TTP etc. on strategic issues are all fabricated but many from Iranian camp would believe all of it, regardless of where it is coming from!

Geography of Lybia was different than Syria, in Lybia armed personal and weapons were being off loaded at any place.

In Syria if Butcher al Asad does not mind killing children & women than why shall he tolerate the CIA made Al-Qaeeda?

Where as US can control every penny going in and out of Pakistan but it fails to block billions of dollars going out of Iran!

US also failed to spot shipping of weapons to Assad by Iran just before the breakout.

In today's world there is no way you commit a crime and you get away with it until authorities are complicit.

It has been one year since Syrian tyrant , Bashar al assad started to brutalize his people. We all know he has bombed civilian cities and forced many to seek refuge in Turkey.

Since we have high regard for human rights on this board , i would strongly request the Administration [Webmaster , Asim Aquil , Agnosticmuslim] to draft a policy about our stance on Syria.

Its been enough long time since we have been seeing a bunch of Tyrant supporting Syrians spreading lies about the uprising. I strongly recommend that referring to the rebelling Syrians and defected military officers as terrorists should attract a ban on such members and should result in closure of such a thread.

I would like to see us Pakistanis and our wider audience to be standing on the right side of history on this board.

Regards: Aeronaut

Aeronaut mate I normally have a lot of time for your posts and often find myself in agreement with you. But forgive me on this occasion I must register my objection to your suggestion in the strongest terms possible.

I agree with Asim's sentiment we must observe strict neutrality in the matter of Syria and for that matter and not take sides.

I have heard the argument about human rights and killings going on in Syria but quite frankly it is very difficult in the fog of civil war or any war to actually get to the truth of the matter.

Let me tell you why I would be more than reluctant to support your suggestion.

If it is a true revolution and even a significant minority wish to come out on the streets a country is ungovernable. Lets take the example of Pakistan. Our population is reputed to be 180 million people. If just 20% of the people decide that they want to come out on the streets that would be be 36 million. We have one of the largest standing armies in the world, we have our blessed ISI we have nukes. Even with these forces and nukes what could our army do??? Use nukes on our own people?? That would be the end. You will note it does not even require a majority to come on the streets. In practical terms the overwhelming number of people want to have security, a roof on their head and food on the table and could not give a monkey's who runs the country.

Now lets take the example of Libya-The rebels or whatever you want to call them could barely get out of Benghazi even though they were being funded and armed by third parties from outside the country. I am off the firm opinion in hindsight that Gaddaffi was less than wise because I think it is likely he would have done relatively well in any election and he should have attempted to legitamise his rule.

Had it not been for Nato's role in my opinion it is doubtful that the rebels could have succeeded.

Now lets look at UK and US in recent months we have had riots and civil disobedience. These disturbances have been dismissed as the actions of criminals and undesirables. If a foreign power was to lets say start supplying weapons and moral support these so called criminals and undesirables what could or would happen??

One mans rebel is another man's criminal and undesirable.

Who decides what the majority in a country wants in Syria?? Who decides that Assad is a dictator and must be removed whilst at the same time ignoring what is happening in Bahrain?? Who decides when to support dissident voices in a country. I measn every country has voices that don't agree with their government.

I could go on but you might get bored but you get the picture I hope.

The best we can do is pray for and hope is that the Syrian people themselves decide with as little bloodshed as possible a conclusion to the unrest.

Under these circumstances PDF must not take sides in Syria

^ Aryan B.

Thanks for kind words , i have "downgraded" my suggestions , since this thread was incepted to discuss what should be done. All i care about is to stop people from tagging dead civilians as terrorists WHEN WE KNOW from reliable media that they were actually civilians.

^ Aryan B.

Thanks for kind words , i have "downgraded" my suggestions , since this thread was incepted to discuss what should be done. All i care about is to stop people from tagging dead civilians as terrorists WHEN WE KNOW from reliable media that they were actually civilians.

Unfortunately in war civil or otherwise there is always collateral damage. Let us hope the matter get's resolved and encourage all sides in the Syrian dispute to try to resolve their issues by talking and diplomacy

^^ Are you kidding? Its state vs. its people!
People are being killed in brutal fashion by the artillery and in custody.
Its a genocide going on.
Cities are being razed to rubble!
People have fled to the neighboring states and Butcher Asad is contemplating terrorism inside Turkey.

Good thing is that the partners in crime are more than naked!

^^ Are you kidding? Its state vs. its people!
People are being killed in brutal fashion by the artillery and in custody.
Its a genocide going on.
Cities are being razed to rubble!
People have fled to the neighboring states and Butcher Asad is contemplating terrorism inside Turkey.

Good thing is that the partners in crime are more than naked!

You have a vivid imagination. Please provide sources for your claim.

I totally support the Free Syrian Army. The brutal dictator Bashar Al Assad is killing the women and children of Syria and his day of reckoning is coming. He will eventually be captured in a Spiders hole or Sewer Pipe like Saddam or Gaddhafi as is the case with all these Tyrants.

As far as i am concerned , History of the house of Asad is enough for all believers in Humanity to denounce this evil regime & do what it can to stop them. UN reports are available citing mass murders carried out by Asad.

Lets not forget this: Hama massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To me it looks like Syrian Opposition is basically Western Paid Mercenary Army working to topple legitimate government of Syria.I would never supported Western Backed Intervention in any country.Tomorrow they could be planning the same thing in our own country.Let's just say you did not like Musharraf so would have enjoyed it if US enforced No-fly over Pakistan so that we can get rid of Musharraf or bombed us?

I totally support the Free Syrian Army. The brutal dictator Bashar Al Assad is killing the women and children of Syria and his day of reckoning is coming. He will eventually be captured in a Spiders hole or Sewer Pipe like Saddam or Gaddhafi as is the case with all these Tyrants.

There are many states and dictators around the world that we could make a case for. We could even argue that American democracy has been subverted by AIPAC and their foreign policy which has killed more than any dictator I know of and that the American protesters in America should be funded and armed to take control of America. Care to try??

for which part?

Anyhow, the most alarming out come is that so far Indians, US & Iran has reflected that they are amused at murders of non Shia Muslims.

Obviously, They lack heart.. other wise no human can can enjoy brutal deaths of children around them.

Post 9-11 has bee murderous decade for non Shia Muslims and victory decade for Indians, Americans & Iran's Mullah regime.

As far as i am concerned , History of the house of Asad is enough for all believers in Humanity to denounce this evil regime & do what it can to stop them. UN reports are available citing mass murders carried out by Asad.

Lets not forget this: Hama massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I said there are many cases of dictators or evidence to suggest that atrocities are occurring. Who decides when we start interfering and which states we should interfere in. For example western press have been suggesting that Russia China should be brought to account over human rights and their version of democracy. If we are to interfere we are setting a precedence in future for countries to interfere in the internal affairs of another sovereign country. What if some eg India want to invade Pakistan to give rights to various separatists. What if Chinese want to invade India under the guise of supporting separatists. There would be anarchy.

So the simplest and best solution in my opinion is to respect the non interference. Encourage the adversarial parties to resolve their differences peacefully. Not by arming or by supporting one faction in a country

for which part?

All the assertions you have submitted are unsubstantiated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom