What's new

Dr. Saraswat annual Address to DRDO : Some pleasant surprises! (HELINA Launched!)

This is the last update from Dr. Saraswat's address. (Apart from what kinetic has added)

A Few Shockers more, must read!:eek:

Under the newly formed cluster of Micro-Electronics and Devices,

1.Demonstration of the functioning of Gallium Nitride high-electron mobility transistor .

2.Development of multibeam klystron and testing for delivery of 100 W pulsed power at Ka-band for the first time in the country.

3.Variants of 100 W MPM transmitter for EW systems have been developed.

1. This is more shocking than the Helina tests!.....:eek:

GaN HEMT is the heart of newer generation AESA T-R modules.. I would have been ecstatic if we would have been successful in developing Ga As HEMT which is an earlier gen tech in AESA radars, but this is beyond awesome!:mps::mps:

2.Heavy applications in RADAR tech.

3.This is again a major development. Great for next genration radar jammers! I think the latest F15s delivered to singapore has this tech for aerial jamming!

.....Mayawi!.........:smokin:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Materials arena,

1.Development of low alloy steel DMR-1700 as a cost-effective replacement for 250 grade maraging steel and its successful application in Akash and Agni missile boosters.

2.Development and flight trials of lightweight composite armour for Mi-17 helicopter.

3.Various indigenous materials such as polymer matrix resins, broadband microwave-absorbing composites, structural adhesives, sealants and lubricants have been developed and approved for missile and other applications.

1. This steel costs 1/3rd of the maraging steel used earlier and is twice as strong, yet retaining malleability. So, akash and agni have become more affordable.

There is also a version being tested for naval application. (Will post source for this ASAP!)

2.One of the best developments so far. This will save many lives!

3. Note the bolded part, broadband RAM coatings for missiles.....

..........Stealthy Nirbhay, anyone?;)

Last edited:
Actually I am not a military pro and I was just pointing out the in-feasiblity w.r.t how it was utilised by the US in the past.

If they (Naval TTs) have some definite strategy, I am all for it.

Karthic, no issues, amigo.
None of us knows everything about everything. We can share our knowledge as we go along.
Good luck and :cheers:

Karthic, no issues, amigo.
None of us knows everything about everything. We can share our knowledge as we go along.
Good luck and :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers:

If what you said is true then we might see the first prototypes being deployed around Jam Nagar refinery, Karwar and Mumbai.

1. This is more shocking than the Helina tests!.....:eek:

GaN HEMT is the heart of newer generation AESA T-R modules.. I would have been ecstatic if we would have been successful in developing Ga As HEMT which is an earlier gen tech in AESA radars, but this is beyond awesome!:mps::mps:

Really cool staff. I think it will find application in upcoming future generation long range AESA radars.

2.Heavy applications in RADAR tech.

Most possibly seeker for BMD missiles. Our AAD already has Ka-band seeker and I think this will go to future upgrades and AD-1/2 etc.

3.This is again a major development. Great for next genration radar jammers! I think the latest F15s delivered to singapore has this tech for aerial jamming!

.....Mayawi!.........:smokin:

It could be for Mayawi as well as Divya Drishti or future EW projects.

1. This steel costs 1/3rd of the maraging steel used earlier and is twice as strong, yet retaining malleability. So, akash and agni have become more affordable.

There is also a version being tested for naval application. (Will post source for this ASAP!)

:smokin:

3. Note the bolded part, broadband RAM coatings for missiles.....

..........Stealthy Nirbhay, anyone?;)

:D :D

This could be Nirbhay as well as all future missiles.

It is well past prototype stage. :)
Earlier analogues were set up about a decade and half earlier. Heard of Bombay High?

Bobay High , I ve heard...But never heard of sea bed SONAR protecting it.

Any links ?

rocking works... Not sure what has happened to Astra test on MKI.. any update ??.. Update w.r.t LASTEC would also been great :)... Further IS MAYAWI installed in Tejas??

Last edited:
As Pandora said earlier in this thread, it is really hard to believe that DRDO has quietly achieved so many technological milestones.

So, just to satisfy the doubting thomas within all of us, here are pics of some of the devices mentioned in this thread.

ENJOY!...:partay:

1. MMW seeker antennae developed by DEAL. (dss 2010)

51730119.png
64020376.png

62943107.png

2. Indian Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA)

b6.jpg

3. Indian UBGL with INSAS.

Post+INSAS+UBGL2.jpg

4.MULTI-MODE HAND GRENADE.

(Image is small reason--- official DRDO image!)

rtr24.jpg

5. Systems for Indian Aerostat.

43324695.png

P.S. AHMS -- (Aerostat Health Monitoring & Control System.)

3. Indian UBGL with INSAS.

Post+INSAS+UBGL2.jpg

Without taking any credit from their achievements , cant they come up with a better color scheme ? :hitwall:

UBGL and the INSAS in two unpalatable completely different colors.

ganimi ji mere ghar hajari mein balatkar pe balatkar kiye ja rahe hai :lol: btw i never doubtd thr acievement bro instead am wondering why our media never reportd this thats all ?? :confused:

ganimi ji mere ghar hajari mein balatkar pe balatkar kiye ja rahe hai :lol: btw i never doubtd thr acievement bro instead am wondering why our media never reportd this thats all ?? :confused:

shocked.jpg

Yeh kya bol rahe ho, sirjee? Ek niraparadh masoom pe aisa aarop?:eek:

I knew you meant no ill. I was just using your statement as a starting point.... No worry, mate!:cheers:

As for Indian media.............

epic_fail.jpg
:rofl:

P.S. I hope you meant to say "CHAMATKAAR" and not "BALATKAAR"!:rofl:

Last edited:
shocked.jpg

Yeh kya bol rahe ho, sirjee? Ek niraparadh masoom pe aisa aarop?:eek:

I knew you meant no ill. I was just using your statement as a starting point.... No worry, mate!:cheers:

P.S. I hope you meant to say "CHAMATKAAR" and not "BALATKAAR"!:rofl::rofl:

hahahaha :rofl: :lol:

It is well past prototype stage. :)
Earlier analogues were set up about a decade and half earlier. Heard of Bombay High?

DNO @ NHQ ;)
Not everything gets written about at Livefist.

Aapke muh me ghee shakkar, kaptaan ji!

There were a few points in the original article about SOLASE array which made me think about unkil's Advanced Deployable System [ADS] than the SOSUS.

1.DRDO has developed two core technologies Seabed Arrays
Technology and Diver Deterrence System—as part of a coastal surveillance system.

Emphasis on word "Coastal"!:cool:

2.Solid Linear Acoustic Sensor (SOLASE) array is the latest addition
to the family of underwater acoustic surveillance arrays for seabed applications.

So, there is a whole family of such sensors and this is the latest one! :yes2:

3.It is designed and developed to alleviate the inherent problems of puncture damages and oil leakages associated with the manufacture and operation of the oil-filled version.

So, we have operated an oil filled version of seabed array long enough to gain some quality experience, and create a next generation array!:mps:

Inference is aapki baat me dum hain!

P.S. I wonder what other Indian Navy secrets lurk in the depths of your mind, captain sahab?:blink:

top-secret.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom