What's new

Dr. Mahathir Mohamad receives red carpet welcome in Pakistan

55465082_1930287060432316_2287046475684773888_o.jpg

Mahathir arrives in Islamabad for three-day visit to Pakistan

visitil549tutn_1553187206.jpg

Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad with his counterpart Imran Khan after arrives at Pakistan Air Force Nur Khan airbase in Rawalpindi during his official three-day visit to Pakistan beginning Thursday. A highlight of the visit is Dr Mahathir being conferred the Nishan-e-Pakistan or Order of Pakistan, the country’s highest civilian award, by Pakistan President Dr Arif Alvi on Friday. (BERNAMA)

By Bernama - March 22, 2019 @ 12:53am
ISLAMABAD: Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad arrived here Thursday for a three-day official visit to Pakistan.

The aircraft carrying Dr Mahathir touched down at the Pakistan Air Force Nur Khan airbase in Rawalpindi at about 7.50 pm (10.50 pm Malaysian time).

Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan himself welcomed Dr Mahathir.

Also present to welcome Dr Mahathir were the country’s Planning, Development and Reform Minister Makhdoom Khusro Bakhtiyar, Malaysian Deputy Foreign Minister Datuk Marzuki Yahya, Malaysian Foreign Ministry secretary-general Datuk Seri Muhammad Shahrul Ikram Yaakob and Malaysian High Commissioner to Pakistan, Ikram Mohammad Ibrahim.

A highlight of the visit is Dr Mahathir being conferred the Nishan-e-Pakistan or Order of Pakistan, the country’s highest civilian award, by Pakistan President Dr Arif Alvi on Friday.

The Malaysian Prime Minister will also attend the Pakistan Day 2019 parade at the Shakarparian parade ground here on Saturday as the guest of honour.

Dr Mahathir will be accorded an official welcome at the Prime Minister’s House on Friday morning. Dr Mahathir will be welcomed by Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan.

After that, the two prime ministers will have a four-eyed meeting, which will be followed by a delegation meeting between Malaysia and Pakistan.

Later, the two prime ministers will attend a roundtable meeting with the captains of industry of Malaysia and Pakistan at a hotel here.

The two prime ministers will also witness the symbolic groundbreaking for a Proton manufacturing assembly plant in Sindh province. They will also witness the signing of memorandums of understanding and agreement between Malaysian and Pakistan companies.

Also on Friday, Dr Mahathir will pay a courtesy call on President Arif at the Aiwan-e-Sadr Presidential Palace, where he will receive the Nishan-e-Pakistan award.

Dr Mahathir’s visit is at the invitation of his counterpart Imran Khan to attend the Pakistan Day celebration, which is observed on March 23 every year.

This is Dr Mahathir’s first visit to Pakistan since becoming Malaysia’s seventh prime minister last year. When he was prime minister for the first time, from 1981 to 2003, he had visited Pakistan thrice, in 1984, 1997 and 2002.– BERNAMA

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...ir-arrives-islamabad-three-day-visit-pakistan

We have good relation with Malaysia from day one. After this visite , our relation will improve further. Just we need to increase people to people contact & increase trade .
Welcome in Pakistan !

@rambro

You and your leader is welcome in Pakistan.

We respect your country.

Our prime minister Khan considers your leader as his teacher/role model....

Jitnay marzi istaqbal kr lo inse paisa milney ki umeed nahien hai :lol:

Agar 4 aanay bhi dehga tou humein pakka yaqeen hai woh mulk ki behtari mein istamaal hongaye... teray leader Nasoor Sharif ki tarhan nahi, idhar loan liya odhar London mein flat mein khareeda.

@rambro

recent stand off between India Pakistan might spoil the investment environment

You and your leader is welcome in Pakistan.

We respect your country.

Our prime minister Khan considers your leader as his teacher/role model....
Lest wait what Imran learn from his model and what the one of most respected Muslim leader teaches Imarn .:tup: I hope Mahathir guideline will help Pakistan to development .

Agar 4 aanay bhi dehga tou humein pakka yaqeen hai woh mulk ki behtari mein istamaal hongaye... teray leader Nasoor Sharif ki tarhan nahi, idhar loan liya odhar London mein flat mein khareeda.
I am not political person as I always said I am politically atheist since system of election is corrupted and because of that I.K have to befriend likes of Jangeer Tareen, Zulfi etc to win election and now he have to obey them...I hate this system of election....or selection....

Lest wait what Imran learn from his model and what the one of most respected Muslim leader teaches Imarn .:tup: I hope Mahathir guideline will help Pakistan to development .

Thank you...We respect Bengalis as well. You guys are smart :)

Back
Top Bottom