What's new

Downsizing Pakistan's Military

Given the current scope of operations in FATA I am not in favour of a troop reduction in areas like infantry.

Gunships and fighters can dislodge and entrenched enemy but to keep hold of the gains requires boots on the ground.

Given the current scope of operations in FATA I am not in favour of a troop reduction in areas like infantry.

Gunships and fighters can dislodge and entrenched enemy but to keep hold of the gains requires boots on the ground.

Dear JK!; sir
you are 100% right, a machine can never match a man!
i think , PAKARMY needs to have more infantry troops, at least 200000 more, which can bring great power & much needed punch to fiight the terror , 100000 each can be posted to NWFP & BALUCHISTAN!
i guss ! fristly it will reduce the stress on the troops comming from other parts of the provinces, and secondly it will boost our main defences.:tup:

Last edited:
Dear JK!; sir
you are 100% right, a machine can never match a man!
i think , PAKARMY needs to have more infantry troops, at least 200000 more, which can bring great power & much needed punch to fiight the terror , 100000 each can be posted to NWFP & BALUCHISTAN!
i guss ! fristly it will reduce the stress on the troops comming from other parts of the provinces, and secondly it will boost our main defences.:tup:

yes yes, more infantry, but wait a minute, aren't you missing something here? bro do lakh infantry ko kaun fund karega?

wishful thinking = usually counter productive, rational smelling the coffee thinking = productive.

and no I don't dislike the PA or any other army.

Oil prices were $25 just 18 months ago now they are double that so whats the big deal for oil producers? They are still doing much better than they were 2 years ago. How were they able to survive for a decade on such low oil prices and now they are suddenly all in pain? Doesn't make much sense. Oil prices are likely to shoot up anyway within next few weeks with tensions between Iran and Israel increasing after Iran test fired missiles that could reach that country.

Dear MBI,

In the last two years the Gulf and Russia have gone on massive social and infrastruture spending borrwing money at high rates against the percieved income of USD 70 a barrel. These projects cannot be stopped and thats why they will be in trouble.

Iran a major crude oil producer has frequent petrol riots.

Russia stock markets have collapsed just two weeks ago.

Regards

yes yes, more infantry, but wait a minute, aren't you missing something here? bro do lakh infantry ko kaun fund karega?

wishful thinking = usually counter productive, rational smelling the coffee thinking = productive.

and no I don't dislike the PA or any other army.

Dear doobie86; sir
inshahallah , we will get the funding, from same resourses, from where we got our A-BOMB!;)
its kind a secret, cant expolre it here.:)
well , i really dont like coffee! and coffee thinking.:lol:

Dear doobie86; sir
inshahallah , we will get the funding, from same resourses, from where we got our A-BOMB!;)
its kind a secret, cant expolre it here.:)
well , i really dont like coffee! and coffee thinking.:lol:

I don't think the IMF will take too kindly to the idea. You know Pakistan is going to approach them for a loan right?

LOL, I agree, you really don't like 'smelling the coffee type thinking'

bro you're wasting time with posts like that, do come up with something constructive next time.

I do know about GM troubles right know, but GM has an all electric car that was planned to launch in year 2010. That is why in congress as we speak they are working on bail out package for the Car industries. And being Democrat at the helm, they will get it because of labour unions.

The best solution will be CNG like Pakistan it will resolve the dependence on petrol.

US has lot of reserves for CNG. The most cars in US are running in petrol. The conversion from petrol to CNG is also not expensive. They can fill it at home because all homes in US are linked GAS pipeline.

US has to learn from Pakistan on this.

Pakistan tops in Asia with 1,450 CNG stations RAWALPINDI, June 8: Pakistan has become the first in Asia and third in world after Argentina and Brazil in terms of housing over 1,450 CNG stations while 1,000 more are under construction and the sector has attracted investment of Rs60 billion creating 60,000 jobs across the county, reveals the Economic Survey launched here on Friday.
It states that in 1999, there were only 62 CNG stations in the country with only 60,000 CNG-converted vehicles which increased to 1,450 in 2007 while the vehicles using gas has switched over to 1.4 million to date

Major cities in the country including Karachi, Rawalpindi, Hyderabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta and Islamabad are rapidly phasing out diesel vehicles in favour of CNG buses for intra-city transportation

The survey says that the government was boosting CNG sector in a move to overcome vehicular pollution and was encouraging gas sector as cleaner alternative for improving ambient air quality.

The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Ogra) has so far issued more than 5,700 provisional licenses for the establishment of CNG stations across the country while the government is providing incentives regarding purchasing of new CNG vehicles.

It says that the government’s millennium development goal (MDG) target for number of vehicles using CNG was 920,000 whereas the current figure was 1.4 million and had achieved the target in advance.

Despite increasing the number of CNG stations across the country, the content of sulphur in air due to the use of high speed diesel was one per cent as against the target of 0.5 to 0.25 set in the MDG for 2015. The Economic Survey has also acknowledged that absence of public transport service in major cities and the increasing number of private cars was deteriorating air quality and recommends proper transport service for these cities. Elaborating the government’s policies on environment, the survey reveals a horrific situation of atmosphere in both urban and rural areas of the country saying that the National Environment Action Programme (NEAP) started in 2001 was aimed at coping with these concerns.

for more info visit this ..::|CNG.com.pk| - ||Welcome to Pakistan's First CNG Portal||::..

I don't think the IMF will take too kindly to the idea. You know Pakistan is going to approach them for a loan right?

LOL, I agree, you really don't like 'smelling the coffee type thinking'

bro you're wasting time with posts like that, do come up with something constructive next time.

doobie86;sir
well, i think that IMF OR GMF OR BMF & all the remaining MF's , cant provide the security ! which was needed by the world from so, called tribal areas of pakistan, therefore it is very much important, to have a strong & vast infantry, in the last ! if our leadership feels that , it can explains to all of MF's?

i am very , sory if my idea made you sleepless "brother"!:tsk::lol:
well i am , more "LASSI" type for your kind knowledge, also some times , i like to snuff "TAZA NASWAR".;):D

PLZ STOP HIJACKING THE THREAD, STICK TO THE TOPIC.
thanks

doobie86;sir
well, i think that IMF OR GMF OR BMF & all the remaining MF's , cant provide the security ! which was needed by the world from so, called tribal areas of pakistan, therefore it is very much important, to have a strong & vast infantry, in the last ! if our leadership feels that , it can explains to all of MF's?

i am very , sory if my idea made you sleepless "brother"!:tsk::lol:
well i am , more "LASSI" type for your kind knowledge, also some times , i like to snuff "TAZA NASWAR".;):D

PLZ STOP HIJACKING THE THREAD, STICK TO THE TOPIC.
thanks

Pakistan has already asked the IMF for a rescue loan, you do understand what that means right? It means that Pakistan is broke and if you're going to borrow from the IMF you're going to have to abide by their stringent regulations, they don't abide by your conditions I hope you can understand that. If they say cut down on military expenditure, you will cut down on your defense budget simple, Pakistan doesn't have money for fuel let alone 200,000 troops.

Don't worry you're idea didn't make me lose any sleep, it sure made me laugh though, you are far beyond reason and you are letting your emotions get the best of you, instead of spelling out your fantasies why don't you come up with something concrete for once?

Stop accusing me of hijacking the thread, you simply cannot deal with the facts, and besides everything I've said relates to the topic, something you would've understood had you not been day dreaming.

btw, here is a link to an article about Pakistan approaching the IMF for a loan, read it and pay close attention to the part where they mention a cut in development expenditure.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan asks IMF for rescue loan

India Reports I.M.F. Loan

A top Indian official said today that the International Monetary Fund had agreed to lend India $2.5 billion.

The proposed loan is among the largest that the I.M.F. has given to India in recent times and follows a declaration by Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar that he had authorized senior officials to negotiate such assistance in Washington.

The Commerce Minister, Subramanian Swamy, was quoted today by the newspaper Economic Times as saying at a meeting of industrialists that the loan agreement will be signed on Jan. 23.

Mr. Swamy said that the Government would not cut back industrial imports because this would hurt overall growth. He advocated increased exports to improve India's foreign exchange reserves and trade deficit.

It has been reported that of the total loan, about $800 million will be disbursed from the institution's compensatory contingency financing facility and the rest as a standby credit.

Separately, Iran was reported to have agreed to supply India with one million tons of crude oil. The oil will be supplied in the next three months and Iran has offered 90 days' credit and "attractive prices," The Times of India said.

India seeks World Bank rupee loan
By Prachi Pinglay
BBC News, Mumbai

The loan would not be affected by varying exchange rates
The World Bank is considering whether to make a huge loan to India in rupees rather than dollars.

The Maharashtra state government is seeking a loan worth some $3.5bn but is concerned about the fluctuations in the value of the dollar.

If approved, it would be the first time the World Bank has agreed to a such a loan in rupees.

The bank says the money would be invested in health, water, energy and irrigation projects.

World Bank approval

The loan represents some 60% of total costs for the development project which come to nearly $6bn.

The money will partly be spent on better healthcare

The idea is that the loan would be sanctioned in dollars, but would be handed over in rupees.

All repayments would be in rupees too.

This would prevent any changes in the amount to be repaid caused by fluctuating exchange rates.

The loan still has to get the approval of the World Bank, India's central government and the Maharashtra state government.

The loan arrangement was discussed at a meeting between World Bank Country Director for India, Isabel Guerrero, and Maharashtra state government officials on Thursday.

In the last few months, the rupee has appreciated sharply against the dollar from 45 rupees to a dollar to 40 rupees to a dollar.

One of the projects Maharashtra wants help with is the Mumbai Metro project, projected to cost $2.5bn. It is hoping to receive loans of $1.5bn.

The project would connect south Mumbai (Bombay) to the suburbs.

Other projects include rural and urban water supplies, power transmission, technical support for a "vision Mumbai" plan and a possible Public Private Partnership (PPP) in irrigation.

World Bank booster shot for health projectsWB to give $792 million loan for three health projects and a rural water project.
BY OUR CORRESPONDENT
October 16 2006

Three health sector projects. One rural water project. A total of $792 million. The Indian government on Monday wrapped up a pact for this amount as loan from the World Bank to implement the four projects.

The amount which translates into Rs 3,564 crore would take care of the four projects, and the agreement was inked on Monday between Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, M Prasad, and World Bank's Acting Country Director, Rachid Benmessaoud.

The World Bank will extend $ 360 million to the Reproductive and Child Health Project-II (RCH-II), $170 million to the Second National Tuberculosis Control Programme, $ 141.83 million to Karnataka Health System Development and Reform project and $ 120 million to Uttaranchal Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project, reports said.

As per the agreement, the health sector projects aim at improving reproductive and child health services, reduce mortality and morbidity due to tuberculosis and to increase utilisation of essential health service in Karnataka. Meanwhile, the water supply sector project targets improving the effectiveness of rural water supply and sanitation services under the control of Panchayati Raj Institutions and local communities in Uttaranchal.

It is learnt that the Reproductive and Child Health Project-II would need a total of $ 2.232 billion. Of this the World Bank will pump in $ 360 million, and the Indian government would channel a budgetary aid of $ 1.062 billion The remaining amount is believed to sought from other development partners, reports added.

and plzzz when indians take loan its respect full isue and when pakistan its crash?

with reference to the post above ^^ this is actually good news. India is actively dealing the global financial crisis while maintaining a high rate of growth, this is not a rescue loan or anything, why did you post this here imran?

Back
Top Bottom