What's new

Downsizing Pakistan's Military

US is always changing sides and it is not new for Pakistan. But it seems US interests are well protected in stable Pakistan due to WOT. So it is quite early to dream. :lol:

lol, all this started with that batmannow guy stating that if Pakistan can unleash hell on Russia (like Pakistan did it by itself) it can ruin anyone in Afghanistan, even the US, imran then seconded that and he was like oh yeah ask your Russian friends what Pakistan did to them. Vinod asked them both to stop dreaming because the US is on the other side, not the Indian side, but the opponent itself... so frankly Pakistan cannot and will never attempt to oppose the US militarily.

so what are you talking about?

wait a week and then plzz post oil price ;)

The point that i wanted to make is that much of Russia's current muscle power and arm flexing across Ocean was riding on Billion that they were earning from Oil... . now since Oil price has dropped from $147 to $57 within couple of month, much that chest beating will evaporate within days

The point that i wanted to make is that much of Russia's current muscle power and arm flexing across Ocean was riding on Billion that they were earning from Oil... . now since Oil price has dropped from $147 to $57 within couple of month, much that chest beating will evaporate within days

Actually Ur right. Oil prices below USD 70 a barrel will spell doom for Iran, Russia and Saudi.

Regards

Actually Ur right. Oil prices below USD 70 a barrel will spell doom for Iran, Russia and Saudi.

Regards

Also by year 2010 American car manufacturers are coming out with 100% electric cars. This is going to effect big in the oil industries.

Also by year 2010 American car manufacturers are coming out with 100% electric cars. This is going to effect big in the oil industries.

that's a little over ambitious ...whenever Economy is down the big investments on green projects go down..also since Oil prices have fallen big time.. that big thrust towards electric cars will take a back seat for the time being...as a matter of fact as the current things stand ..we might not have any big three US car makers (GM, Ford and Chrysler) anymore .. by 2010...

ok this guy does not seem so bad. i think this is another article from ahmed quireshi or someone like. i have been looking at all of the policy debates that are happening about pakistan on C-Span here and i think that there is a general understanding of the countries importance.
i was also reading an interview of this guy in foreign policy magazine. about kashmir he said that the US would hope for a solution similar to that of Northern Ireland which to me seems quite reasonable. so everybody i think needs to calm down. They will not try to shrink our army. and the reason that they want us to buy stuff related to COIN is because its there money and they want it to be sent on an area that will help them.
i think that we will see a longterm strategic policy from the US about Pakistan. they dont want to repeat the mistake of the 90's and lets face neither do we.

Oil prices were $25 just 18 months ago now they are double that so whats the big deal for oil producers? They are still doing much better than they were 2 years ago. How were they able to survive for a decade on such low oil prices and now they are suddenly all in pain? Doesn't make much sense. Oil prices are likely to shoot up anyway within next few weeks with tensions between Iran and Israel increasing after Iran test fired missiles that could reach that country.

lol, all this started with that batmannow guy stating that if Pakistan can unleash hell on Russia (like Pakistan did it by itself) it can ruin anyone in Afghanistan, even the US, imran then seconded that and he was like oh yeah ask your Russian friends what Pakistan did to them. Vinod asked them both to stop dreaming because the US is on the other side, not the Indian side, but the opponent itself... so frankly Pakistan cannot and will never attempt to oppose the US militarily.

so what are you talking about?

Nice to see you doobie86;sir

I guss, US knows better thn you, thats why they kept backing PAKARMY, they tryied a lots of physcological propoganda stuff , but in the end gen.P agreed to gen.K:enjoy:
By the way, let me assure you that! yes pakistan "will never attempt to oppose the US militarily", but in that matter, we trust ISI is the best, of the best!:enjoy::lol:
plz try to find some good books on afghan war, and try to read the "war strategy", i guss you will understand that , PAKARMY never went to have a direct clash with "SOVIET RUSSIAN RED ARMY", PAKARMY stayed behind the mujahideen's lines, we trained them from the POCKETS of uncle sam, so they dont need more training, pakistan is proudly producing most of the classic weapons, once which were used in the afghan war, for example; STINGER, BLOWPIPE, systems were succsessfully copied, & produced by POFin large numbers, so there is no need to buy them from anywhere for now.

all the "MUJHADEEN'S" need's is a AK-47, RPG-2 OR 7, with some of old stocked, out listed STINGER'S, to take on any one in the caves of afghanistan, and plz try to find some of old afghan war vetran, who can tell you about the horrible stories, of "MUJAHADEENS" dangerous special opreations inside the mountenious caves.

lol ! one thing you should always kept in mind, about pakistan! its capability of producing small arms,not only on official level, but there are thousands of small factories in FATA , itself.
i guss, for pakistan it would be enough, to have a tough& secrt accord with fighting forces against USA, & to withdraw 70% of its troops,out of fata, can unleash sweet chin music to , all the occupying forces including, IA.:tup:;)

i guss, it about time , that we should stick to topic, i had gave you a kind a detail answer, hope you will not drage me more on that issue?:partay:
lets come on the topic plz;):)

Oil prices were $25 just 18 months ago now they are double that so whats the big deal for oil producers? They are still doing much better than they were 2 years ago. How were they able to survive for a decade on such low oil prices and now they are suddenly all in pain? Doesn't make much sense. Oil prices are likely to shoot up anyway within next few weeks with tensions between Iran and Israel increasing after Iran test fired missiles that could reach that country.

Dear MBI Munshi, sir:smitten:
our young commrads, never look's up beyond, the daily news item's.
most of thier posts , were produced by the common daily news, they cant seems to see futher more thn that!
but thanks a lot, i would like to give you a warm "SALUTE":police::tup:

Nice to see you doobie86;sir

I guss, US knows better thn you, thats why they kept backing PAKARMY, they tryied a lots of physcological propoganda stuff , but in the end gen.P agreed to gen.K:enjoy:
By the way, let me assure you that! yes pakistan "will never attempt to oppose the US militarily", but in that matter, we trust ISI is the best, of the best!:enjoy::lol:
plz try to find some good books on afghan war, and try to read the "war strategy", i guss you will understand that , PAKARMY never went to have a direct clash with "SOVIET RUSSIAN RED ARMY", PAKARMY stayed behind the mujahideen's lines, we trained them from the POCKETS of uncle sam, so they dont need more training, pakistan is proudly producing most of the classic weapons, once which were used in the afghan war, for example; STINGER, BLOWPIPE, systems were succsessfully copied, & produced by POFin large numbers, so there is no need to buy them from anywhere for now.

all the "MUJHADEEN'S" need's is a AK-47, RPG-2 OR 7, with some of old stocked, out listed STINGER'S, to take on any one in the caves of afghanistan, and plz try to find some of old afghan war vetran, who can tell you about the horrible stories, of "MUJAHADEENS" dangerous special opreations inside the mountenious caves.

lol ! one thing you should always kept in mind, about pakistan! its capability of producing small arms,not only on official level, but there are thousands of small factories in FATA , itself.
i guss, for pakistan it would be enough, to have a tough& secrt accord with fighting forces against USA, & to withdraw 70% of its troops,out of fata, can unleash sweet chin music to , all the occupying forces including, IA.:tup:;)

i guss, it about time , that we should stick to topic, i had gave you a kind a detail answer, hope you will not drage me more on that issue?
lets come on the topic plz;):)

we'll get back to the topic right after this...good to see you too.

So you think you can play ball with the Americans on one hand and on the other have a 'secret and tough' accord with AL-Q and gang? you think the US is retarded/special?

You say you trained the so called 'mujhahideen' with American money, which you did, and now like 20 years later they need no more training...amazing sir simply awesome, I wish you guys trained the IA we'd never have to bother with war games or fancy equipment that eats away at our defense budget

ah yes withdrawing out of FATA, good idea, I'm sure every indian who celebrates diwali would do it all over again if that ever happened.

mere bhai, I understand your sentiments, you love your country but do you have any idea what kind of pressure the ISI is under these days for its double crossing tactics? America isn't a super power because its retarded, they know what the ISI is up to and believe me no one in the Pakistani govt. will be able to sleep in peace if they continue playing their games. Furthermore you cannot withdraw out of FATA not just for the sake of your own nation but for fear of an American backlash, both economic and military. You cannot oppose the US, not only do you not have the cash but you simply won't survive any such adventure. Pakistan for its sake and humanity's sake needs to eradicate terrorism for its soil and work however reluctantly with India and the rest of the world to rebuild a torn nation (Afghanistan in case you're wondering :D).

Last edited:
we'll get back to the topic right after this...good to see you too.

So you think you can play ball with the Americans on one hand and on the other have a 'secret and tough' accord with AL-Q and gang? you think the US is retarded/special?

You say you trained the so called 'mujhahideen' with American money, which you did, and now like 20 years later they need no more training...amazing sir simply awesome, I wish you guys trained the IA we'd never have to bother with war games or fancy equipment that eats away at our defense budget

ah yes withdrawing out of FATA, good idea, I'm sure every indian who celebrates diwali would do it all over again if that ever happened.

mere bhai, I understand your sentiments, you love your country but do you have any idea what kind of pressure the ISI is under these days for its double crossing tactics? America isn't a super power because its retarded, they know what the ISI is up to and believe me no one in the Pakistani govt. will be able to sleep in peace if they continue playing their games. Furthermore you cannot withdraw out of FATA not just for the sake of your own nation but for fear of an American backlash, both economic and military. You cannot oppose the US, not only do you not have the cash but you simply won't survive any such adventure. Pakistan for its sake and humanity's sake needs to eradicate terrorism for its soil and work however reluctantly with India and the rest of the world to rebuild a torn nation (Afghanistan in case you're wondering :D).

doobie86; sir
here we go, again!
well as your great habit, you kept hijacked this thread with your own personal disliking of PAKISTAN ARMY! I certenly admir your sentiments and despiration!;):partay:
let me tell you some thing my dear jealous friend, time of "American backlash" has already been gone, firstly USA cant do this because, it will going to make all the anti-US people's united at one stage , atleast from IRAN to pakistan , in that case it will be a , total denial to USA , from a huge majorty & a large part of world, guss i am sure, that americans arent so stupid!
what will US going to do, nuck IRAN & PAKISTAN?:lol::crazy:
With USA in the circle of financial crisis, its very much in US intersts to slow down its war mogring & start solid efforts to crub the terrorism.

by the way, if IA like's they can have free training , outside kabul, i guss they will be very much wellcomed, study the rough & special trian of the area of fata & afghanistan, i guss the weaponry i had told you is the deadly one, if not let IA, try to fight these guys, i can bet that IA will run away in just 15 days?:lol::agree::enjoy:

plz come back to topic, & plz dont try to hijack the thread.
thanks

Last edited:
that's a little over ambitious ...whenever Economy is down the big investments on green projects go down..also since Oil prices have fallen big time.. that big thrust towards electric cars will take a back seat for the time being...as a matter of fact as the current things stand ..we might not have any big three US car makers (GM, Ford and Chrysler) anymore .. by 2010...

I do know about GM troubles right know, but GM has an all electric car that was planned to launch in year 2010. That is why in congress as we speak they are working on bail out package for the Car industries. And being Democrat at the helm, they will get it because of labour unions.

I do know about GM troubles right know, but GM has an all electric car that was planned to launch in year 2010. That is why in congress as we speak they are working on bail out package for the Car industries. And being Democrat at the helm, they will get it because of labour unions.

come on guys , come on to topic.:agree:

Back
Top Bottom