Not open for further replies.

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Don't sell helicopters to Pakistan, India tells Russia

June 19, 2014, 8:22 pm
NEW DELHI- In the first high-level engagement with Russia after the BJP-led NDA government came to power, India has objected to the proposed sale of Mi-35 Russian military attack helicopters by Russia to
Pakistan.

Russia has so far not sold any weaponry in the past to Pakistan out of regard for Indian concerns and sensitivities on the issue. According to Indian media, the issue was raised strongly by India during
talks between external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and Russian deputy PM Dmitry O. Rogozin.

The issue was also understood to have been raised in a meeting between the visiting Russian dignitary and defence minister Arun Jaitley. Russia has been the largest arms supplier to India. "The question regarding our defence cooperation and any issues that impact this in terms of our concern were raised," MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.

Sorry Pakistan, no russian helicoters for you today.

Maybe go get some chinese maal, cheap and easy to get.

Whaaat a twisting of words haaahaa

Raising objection is not equal to asking them to stop sales.

You sure , boy ? The Russians once sold us hundreds of JFT's engines despite all the concerns and protests and the difference is this time the deal was offered by them to Islamabad , if they didn't listen then , what hopes are there now ? .
India is diversifying its weapon imports,no harm in Russia trying to diversify its exports,beside that i don't think these weapons sale pose any higher threat than the present one.I don't understand GOI's objection maybe a token protest.

You sure , boy ? The Russians once sold us hundreds of JFT's engines despite all the concerns and protests and the difference is this time the deal was offered by them to Islamabad , if they didn't listen then , what hopes are there now ? .

1. Its not hundreds, 150 odd.
  2. RD-93 got aproved only in 2007, russians had withheld permission to China to export to Pak before that. Later Russians argued that the Chinese fighter is hardly going to be a threat plus chinas developing their own engines, they gave in to Chinese pressure and let them export one-time.
  3. The blowback came in the MMRCA deal, this time around russians are gping around publicly stating they wont ppiss off India.
  4. You still have one thing to your side though- HOPE. :lol:

1. Its not hundreds, 150 odd.
  2. RD-93 got aproved only in 2007, russians had withheld permission to China to export to Pak before that. Later Russians argued that the Chinese fighter is hardly going to be a threat plus chinas developing their own engines, they gave in to Chinese pressure and let them export one-time.
  3. The blowback came in the MMRCA deal, this time around russians are gping around publicly stating they wont ppiss off India.
  4. You still have one thing to your side though- HOPE. :lol:

Let me teach you then , the original order was for 100 RD-93 when the deal was signed in 2005 , with an option of 400 more . More orders to follow of course , since the first Block-2's are rolling out in July . The Reds it seems didn't care about New Delhi's opinion back then signing the deal with Beijing to be later supplied to PAF , you can try a little better than that one time permission seriously for the Russians knew exactly who was the primary user of the aircraft and where the engines were going into and like all arms dealer , the Kremlin back then followed the money , the Indians who were happy with reports of Russians blocking sale weren't suddenly happy . If they wish not to piss off India , then I presume , they shouldn't have offered the helicopters to Pakistan in the first place ? We didn't go to them , they came to us , forget about childish " hope " arguments .

June 19, 2014, 8:22 pm
NEW DELHI- In the first high-level engagement with Russia after the BJP-led NDA government came to power, India has objected to the proposed sale of Mi-35 Russian military attack helicopters by Russia to
Pakistan.

Russia has so far not sold any weaponry in the past to Pakistan out of regard for Indian concerns and sensitivities on the issue. According to Indian media, the issue was raised strongly by India during
talks between external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and Russian deputy PM Dmitry O. Rogozin.

The issue was also understood to have been raised in a meeting between the visiting Russian dignitary and defence minister Arun Jaitley. Russia has been the largest arms supplier to India. "The question regarding our defence cooperation and any issues that impact this in terms of our concern were raised," MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
--
any indian source ...
above is pak source
its news item
no officical statement

India is diversifying its weapon imports,no harm in Russia trying to diversify its exports,beside that i don't think these weapons sale pose any higher threat than the present one.I don't understand GOI's objection maybe a token protest.

A long way to go , for that . Still India relies a lot on Russia for major hardware , the technologies that others aren't willing to share and weapons that aren't for sale . I agree about the token protest though , these helicopters do not pose any big threat .

Let me teach you then , the original order was for 100 RD-93 when the deal was signed in 2005 , with an option of 400 more . More orders to follow of course , since the first Block-2's are rolling out in July . The Reds it seems didn't care about New Delhi's opinion back then signing the deal with Beijing to be later supplied to PAF , you can try a little better than that one time permission seriously for the Russians knew exactly who was the primary user of the aircraft and where the engines were going into and like all arms dealer , the Kremlin back then followed the money , the Indians who were happy with reports of Russians blocking sale weren't suddenly happy . If they wish not to piss off India , then I presume , they shouldn't have offered the helicopters to Pakistan in the first place ? We didn't go to them , they came to us , forget about childish " hope " arguments .
--
its not so simple ...
Russia will not loose cake for peanuts..
India matter much more globally to russia ..
dont be so naive
they will sell to RD and sell us 5th genetation figter..
we are happy till we get BIG BOSSES and PRIMES OF RUSSIA

India matter much more globally to russia ..

Ok . I am not assuming any simplicity for none exist in global politics , just trying to put the point across that arms dealers sell to any and all parties as long as they get $$ , the statement of " we do not sell to your enemies " by the Russian ambassador to India isn't true - the past proving otherwise . This protest will be treated like the last one .

by the way they already providing rd-93 engines to us
majority of people against mil mi-35
pakistan need much mre advance helo
u will see they will reject ur concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom