What's new

Donald Trumpy Mentally Unfit Declared by US doctors

if you allow all the dum dums to vote, then they will vote for a dum dum

Agree to some extent.
However, Trump was elected by the American people, it's not like he rigged elections like they do in many developing countries. So I don't see why people act as if he just came out of nowhere to become president. He has been doing exactly he said he will do. To be honest, I don't like some of his policies, but I have to admit that he is farrrr more honest about his intentions than many American and even European politicians/leaders have ever been . Promises he made are being kept(at least many/most key promises). I can't say the same about many other American and European leaders recently. Lol

Yes, but the issue isn't just his policies (some of which are quite unpopular, however). It's also his temperament, how he conducts himself, the things he says, the way he talks about the media, his cabinet appointments, and what seems to be a complete disregard for the Presidency at times.

The CT electoral map is a classic illustration of the trump effect. Outside Stamford and New Haven there is a swathe of red counties dominated by poor white working class voters.

In Connecticut? Not quite:

Presidential Election Results- Donald J. Trump Wins – Election Results 2016 – The New York Times.png

Every time I take the metro north to NYC the train passes through this ring

You mean south?

and a few angry folk (now somewhat happy) wearing well-used jeans and steeltoe boots embark. More than once i've caught them muttering 'Why do we get screwed'.

A few different reasons. The biggest reason probably being the fact that income essentially hasn't grown at all for 90% of Americans over the last 35 years or so. Despite the fact that the economy as whole grew quite a bit (almost all the income gains went to the wealthiest Americans). And Trump will do little to change that. But that's another conversation....

Thanks. It's cold but tolerable. Better than last year and certainly better than the year before - 2015 Feb. I simply can't stand sub-zero temperatures do its very distressing for me. A freak benefit of global warming I suppose. I'd give an arm and a leg to be in CA or FL right now. I passed thru FLL airport in December and it was heaven :)

Take a nice vacation here in LA, during the spring. :cool:

What are your plans after obtaining your PhD? Teaching?

Yes, but the issue isn't just his policies (some of which are quite unpopular, however). It's also his temperament, how he conducts himself, the things he says, the way he talks about the media, his cabinet appointments, and what seems to be a complete disregard for the Presidency at times.
If he was elected while laying out his policies (which he publicly laid out during his campaign) i don't see why people act like he just brought them out out of nowhere. These are things he said he will do if elected, and he was elected. so he's merely doing what he promised to do. I give him credit for that, i myself never expected him to go ahead with many of these policies, i thought he was like all other politicians out there who promise to do something, but once elected just turn around and do something else or don't even care much about fulfilling their campaign promise. lol
In this regard, i trust him more than many of our politicians, at least he is true to his words, and with him you know what kind of relationship to expect and where he stands, cant say the same for many other politicians

The most funny thing is, even some of our hypocritical politicians here area also trying to gain public sympathy, advertisement, and gain a political advantage by trying to act on some of our public feeling towards trump. These hypocritical MP's have been speaking out against our government allowing Trump to visit Britain as U.S president for so called "moral and human rights reasons" and standing up for our "values". LMAO:rofl: I never saw them campaign so hard or speak out against Saudi monarchs visiting Britain,Bahrain leader state visit, Turkish president state visit, Chinese president visit, even Tyrant Bashar al Asad once visited Britain and met the Queen. :omghaha: Some leftists and Human rights groups will also say these leaders commit "human rights abuses" in their country, yet none of them vehemently opposed their state visit here. This is the type of hypocrisy and political grandstanding i was talking about, its the reason the public in many western countries are now voting for alternative leaders instead of the established ones in some cases. So people should cut this crap about Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump. It's tiring, give him some space or if other countries don't want to work with him, then they just ban him from their country and mind their business. Period. This constant rhetoric about Trump is exhausting. The media isn't making things any better, don't be giving him too much media coverage. I have noticed that everything he says is taken negatively now, no matter the circumstances or what was said.
Afterall, the U.S democratic system is one of the oldest and most rigid in the world, with check and balances and strong institutions, this makes sure that no single leader can abuse his power, so any law or action that the country's institution don't deem adequate will be over-tuned or at least watered down. It's for the very reason the U.S has been such a great and resilient country for so long and an attractive destination for people around the world despite some people in other countries wishing/hoping/predicting its collapsed. So there's no need for alarm like the media makes it sound.:drag:

In Connecticut? Not quite:

I should have said townships, not counties.
See this, http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/connecticut-president-clinton-trump

You mean south?

No,no - the service is called Metro North. I realise now it read a bit weird. Funny

Take a nice vacation here in LA, during the spring. :cool:

I will, I have folks in San Diego. LA gets a bit hot in the summer though. :)

What are your plans after obtaining your PhD? Teaching?

Yes but here academia is the top draw, totally unlike India. It's a miracle to get a post-doctoral position anywhere. On the plus side that's exempt from visa caps.

Afterall, the U.S democratic system is one of the oldest and most rigid in the world, with check and balances and strong institutions, this makes sure that no single leader can abuse his power, so any law or action that the country's institution don't deem adequate will be over-tuned or at least watered down. It's for the very reason the U.S has been such a great and resilient country for so long and an attractive destination for people around the world despite some people in other countries wishing/hoping/predicting its collapsed. So there's no need for alarm like the media makes it sound.:drag:

Before i came to the US I knew, from my jurisprudence studies that in America the people were sovereign - as opposed to Britain and the commonwealth - where Parliament was sovereign. I never realised just how significant the difference was till I started to see the functioning of American democracy - truly a marvel with not only checks and balances but also importance given to the ordinary Joe. In comparison in India there is some invisible all-permeating aether of obeisance to the state, its institutions, its employees right down to the dogcatcher who are in some way superior to the common man.

If he was elected while laying out his policies (which he publicly laid out during his campaign) i don't see why people act like he just brought them out out of nowhere. These are things he said he will do if elected, and he was elected. so he's merely doing what he promised to do. I give him credit for that, i myself never expected him to go ahead with many of these policies, i thought he was like all other politicians out there who promise to do something, but once elected just turn around and do something else or don't even care much about fulfilling their campaign promise. lol

Well yes, he did indeed campaign on most of them, but many are unpopular.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2427

The most funny thing is, even some of our hypocritical politicians here area also trying to gain public sympathy, advertisement, and gain a political advantage by trying to act on some of our public feeling towards trump. These hypocritical MP's have been speaking out against our government allowing Trump to visit Britain as U.S president for so called "moral and human rights reasons" and standing up for our "values". LMAO:rofl: I never saw them campaign so hard or speak out against Saudi monarchs visiting Britain,Bahrain leader state visit, Turkish president state visit, Chinese president visit, even Tyrant Bashar al Asad once visited Britain and met the Queen. :omghaha: Some leftists and Human rights groups will also say these leaders commit "human rights abuses" in their country, yet none of them vehemently opposed their state visit here. This is the type of hypocrisy and political grandstanding i was talking about, its the reason the public in many western countries are now voting for alternative leaders instead of the established ones in some cases. So people should cut this crap about Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump. It's tiring, give him some space or if other countries don't want to work with him, then they just ban him from their country and mind their business. Period.

Well, it's up to the British government who it wants to allow or disallow. Not really something I care about, personally.

This constant rhetoric about Trump is exhausting. The media isn't making things any better, don't be giving him too much media coverage. I have noticed that everything he says is taken negatively now, no matter the circumstances or what was said.

He's doing a lot crazy and things, hence the coverage. It's not simply because people don't like him.

Well, just as people have the right to support Trump, other people have every right to complain and protest.

No,no - the service is called Metro North. I realise now it read a bit weird. Funny

Well, I understand now. It is probably called that because you are north of the NYC metro. I thought you were saying that you were physically traveling north. My mistake.

Yes but here academia is the top draw, totally unlike India. It's a miracle to get a post-doctoral position anywhere. On the plus side that's exempt from visa caps.

Are you trying to say that it's difficult to get a position in Academia here, or rather easy? I'm a bit confused.

I will, I have folks in San Diego. LA gets a bit hot in the summer though. :)

Nice! That's why I said spring. Summers are indeed scorching hot here, unless you stay close to the coast. :agree:

Have you visited before?

:offtopic:

Are you trying to say that it's difficult to get a position in Academia here, or rather easy? I'm a bit confused.

Extremely difficult. My perception is that all the top performers want to get into academia and that is considered highly prestigious. In India only the duds get into teaching - typically when they fail to get into private / government jobs. I would go so far as to say that getting a non-tenured position in the US is harder than getting an i-banking job in GS.

Have you visited before?

Indeed - we drove down from SF in 2015 August for two days. Having seen the heat I can understand now why some prefer SF/SD despite the attractiveness of LA as a megacity.

Extremely difficult. My perception is that all the top performers want to get into academia and that is considered highly prestigious. In India only the duds get into teaching - typically when they fail to get into private / government jobs. I would go so far as to say that getting a non-tenured position in the US is harder than getting an i-banking job in GS.

If a law/history graduate from Yale may have a hard time getting a position in academia, I shudder to think what it's like for other PhDs from less prestigious schools. I wonder what those with a mere Masters do. Is it really that hard get even a non-tenure track position?

Indeed - we drove down from SF in 2015 August for two days. Having seen the heat I can understand now why some prefer SF/SD despite the attractiveness of LA as a megacity.

So you experienced LA in August, huh? Not for those who can't stand the heat. :smokin:

Well, I do hope you'll come down for than two days this time. There is much to see (and do). :-)

Back
Top Bottom