bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Maximum 106 taka 75 paisa per dollar: Bangladesh Bank
Ittefaq report
Published: 19 September 2022, 03:25

There is still a dollar crisis in the country. Banks are buying remittances at Tk 108 per dollar. To go abroad, if you go to the curb market or open market, you have to buy dollars for 114 Taka. But Google's data says that on Sunday, every dollar was traded at 93 taka 90 paisa.

Meanwhile, the website of Bangladesh Bank said that every dollar is now being traded at a maximum of 106 taka 75 paisa. Many people are confused about this. Officials of the commercial bank say that Google's information is fake. The dollar crisis is still going on in the bank. The bank itself is buying the remittance at the rate of 108 taka. Officials of the central bank also say that Google's information is not correct.

In this context, Bangladesh Bank Chief Economist Habibur Rahman said that what is showing on Google is not correct. Someone may have given information about 93 Takas on a UK website. That's why Google is showing it. Now the dollar rate is 106 rupees.

Recently, to reduce the volatility of the foreign exchange market in the country, remittances coming into the country have been fixed at Tk 108 per dollar and export income at Tk 99, which has been effective since September 12.

On the advice of Bangladesh Bank, the top leaders of the Association of Bankers Bangladesh (ABB) and Bangladesh Foreign Exchange Dealers Association (BAFEDA) in a meeting last September 11 decided the maximum price of dollars in various transactions. more

Incidentally, today the same currency has different prices from place to place. When remittances sent by expatriates arrive, the dollar price is 108 taka. If the same dollar comes through export, its price is 99 rupees. When offered for import the price is 104 taka 50 paisa. Again, freelancers and other incomes from abroad are given a maximum price of 99 Takas.

However, freelancers and other dollar-earning sector workers are getting a government incentive of 2.5 percent of their income. Besides, when someone goes to buy dollars for treatment abroad, 114 Takas are kept from him (in the open market).

It dropped to 93.9 for 2 days , after order of opening LC with Chinese Yuan and today again 103.3 !

It's clear that we are fucked up. If people now visit India they will get .77 rupee against taka , that was always .85/.86 always.

I'm sure @UKBengali will not agree , because he is so in love with BAL , that ready to take BAL limestone as yougart!

Last edited:
It dropped to 93.9 for 2 days , after order of opening LC with Chinese Yuan and today again 103.3 !

It's clear that we are fucked up. If people now visit India they will get .77 rupee against taka , that was always .85/.86 always.

I'm sure @UKBengali will not agree , because he is so in love with BAL , that ready to take BAL limestone as yougart!

I think full effect will be seen once Yuan back-to-back LC payments start in earnest. We haven't seen the full effect yet.

This will be huge for Apparel trade as most raw materials not sourced locally come exclusively from China.

Dollar should ideally be 120 Taka still 106 Taka is a welcome step. I hope rupee becomes 85 in the short term too.

I think full effect will be seen once Yuan back-to-back LC payments start in earnest. We haven't seen the full effect yet.

This will be huge for Apparel trade as most raw materials not sourced locally come exclusively from China.
Wait before uncle Sam strikes because those Apparels are bought by US and EU, not China.

After all India is the husband of Momen saheb. So there is no wonder that many of his supporters will consider India their fatherland!
Joy Bangla, Joy Bharat. Ghoti-Bangal bhai bhai.

Last edited:
And this is why you need local currency swap. Buy items in Taka and INR respectively.

Indeed , but step brothers ; like devatas and Asura / rakkhasas!Both are children of kashiyapa , but mothers are different!8-)
Well we are dharmic people, We are followers of the Devas. The other spot is open for you.

And this is why you need local currency swap. Buy items in Taka and INR respectively.
Well whichever currency they trade with, the other currency will become dominant on BDT due to illiquidity of Taka, be it USD, Euro, Yen or Rupee.

Well we are dharmic people, We are followers of the Devas. The other spot is open for you.
Yes I never claimed myself as deva. We are indeed Asura!

But be aware mate ,in puranas still rakhsasas always win against devas,untill God himself comes to interfere!

And now it's Kaliyuga dear (step) brother , before kalki ,there is no avatar! So we are secured for 427000 years! Cheers!

🤣

@pikkuboss

Ps - Edited to keep it short!

Last edited:
Yes I never claimed myself as deva. We are indeed Asura! But mate , be aware , in rig veda most of mighty devatas are called Asuras as well!

It's like Aesir or Vanir? Should I say vedic Asuras as norse Aesir ( chief gods ) and vedic devas are Norse vanir ( secondary gods) ?

Rakshasa term came much later in puranic era, when vedic deities are either demonized or degraded!

However if you call me rakshasha still it's fine , as Ravana is a brahmin! 8-)

Yes I never claimed myself as deva. We are indeed Asura! But mate , be aware , in rig veda most of mighty devatas are called Asuras as well!

It's like Aesir or Vanir? Should I say vedic Asuras as norse Aesir ( chief gods ) and vedic devas are Norse vanir ( secondary gods) ?

Rakshasa term came much later in puranic era, when vedic deities are either demonized or degraded!

However if you call me rakshasha still it's fine , as Ravana is a brahmin! 8-)

Or even if we don't count these vedas , in puranas still rakhsasas always win against devas,untill God himself comes to interfere!

It's Kaliyuga dear (step) brother , before kalki ,there is no avatar! So we are secured for 427000 years! Cheers!

🤣

@pikkuboss
There is a higher chance that our forefathers were siblings 500 years up the lineage because poligamy was almost extinct in Hinduism by that time and your forefather was a Hindu most probably. Why this step brotherly attitude bro.

There is a higher chance that our forefathers were siblings 500 years up the lineage because poligamy was almost extinct in Hinduism by that time and your forefather was a Hindu most probably. Why this step brotherly attitude bro.
No step brotherly attiude to common Indians tbh. But step brotherly attiude to Hindutva people only bro!

There are no differences between common Indian ,common Bangladeshi,or common Pakistanis or others. All of us are human being , hence equally honored and respected!

Dollar should ideally be 120 Taka still 106 Taka is a welcome step. I hope rupee becomes 85 in the short term too.
About one year ago, I speculated dollar to become 120 Taka. Now, it is about Tk110. I believe it will soon fall below Tk120 to a dollar.

The economic fundamentals are weak in BD. Taka is kept high artificially when Taka itself cannot buy much in BD. I observed similar things when I went to Nigeria two times on business.

I saw everything in shambles in Lagos. People's living standard is very low. Yet, one plate of food in the restaurant was more than it was in a normal Tokyo restaurant. It was because of the heavy circulation of paper money there.

It is the same in Bangladesh now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom