What's new

dollar at 2 years low - 96 rupee = 1$

rupee was pegged to dollar and General Zia's time rupee was allowed to free float, ever since that time rupee has gone up up and above...doesnt matter who the ruler was, some control the parity tighter than the others.

I watched that program and the most rupee lost its value and became crap due to musical chair parties of noonie leagues and ppp, please brother don't just sit blind sometime acknowledge the mistakes...remember foreign currency account freeze that destroyed economy in days...it matter because rupee was very stable during ayub and even during the war of 71 when yahya was in command.

Okay, tell me how many years has Pakistan ever posted a trade surplus on an annual basis? You are in denial of the fact that Pakistan is growing poorer and poorer as times passes by, in relative terms to other countries. Yes, the situation is that bad and growing worse. Denying it won't make it go away unfortunately. Menu koi faraq nahi painda, tussi nahi manna tey na manno. :D

You are going on another tangent, I explained to you that having a trade deficit is not a death blow to a given economy and told you that it's not irreversible. Bhai jan go and ask someone who knows or create a new economic school of thought, because your hypothesis are quite original:D

One expert on Express news today said,If the rupee appreciate further and value drop below 95,It will create alot of problems.

I believe the appreciation need to be stopped at 97-98 and only after the Budget in june,They should again work on to bring it down to 88-90 before the 2015 Budget.

is it possible?

So if a ship is still sinking, but 5.5% slower, is the endpoint any different?

Did you expect the ship to be fixed overnight. There is such a thing as Process. I agree that we have are making some financial gambles but the end is not written in stone yet. Whatever the outcome the worst has already set up on us as you mentioned by the word "Deficit".

I don't know why self centered "experts" say that trade deficit is bad.1st trade deficit is incomplete term for economies based upon remittances word "current account deficit" should be used. Second there are economies that have been in negative current account for decades and yet have been flourishing.
Regarding sinking ship of vcheng if the ship hasn't sunk in 65 yes it wouldn't sunk now.
Key indicators are real GDP growth and exports. Govt is doing pretty good there
With increase in remittances,oil and gas projections and coal shifting from oil the current account will become positive, it already nearly there and has been very small, less than a few billion dollars
Debt situation is very managible and taxation has improved to 10%
Indicators are good not excellent but still definetly not pointing towards a sinking ship

If we can manage the worst possible situation of 70s and 90s I don't see why we shouldn't default/sink now

Lastly the thing that worries every body isn't that of being defaulted or something its a slow growth of 3-4. Which is well below ideal of 6-7

India had trade deficit of well above 100 billion $
A current account deficit of well above 50$ billion dollars. Yet they r flourishing. There debit is worse than us.
Every eco is valunerable to speculation, example was India last yr

Did you expect the ship to be fixed overnight. There is such a thing as Process. I agree that we have are making some financial gambles but the end is not written in stone yet. Whatever the outcome the worst has already set up on us as you mentioned by the word "Deficit".

First, no ship can ever be fixed where half the people drill holes in the bottom while the other half try to fix them.

Second, these short term blips and improvements claimed with great fanfare and avid self-congratulations do not a process make. The process is downward, with an unmistakable trends towards impoverishment and chaos.

Third, taking on loans upon loans to repay old loans while stealing from social development to pay for weapons is not a gamble, since the outcome is pretty certain.

Last, the worst is yet to come.

You are going on another tangent, I explained to you that having a trade deficit is not a death blow to a given economy and told you that it's not irreversible. Bhai jan go and ask someone who knows or create a new economic school of thought, because your hypothesis are quite original:D

Running a deficit is not a death blow, but it does create a steady devaluation of the currency and over time makes a country poor. The evidence clearly shows what I am saying is correct.

First, no ship can ever be fixed where half the people drill holes in the bottom while the other half try to fix them.

Second, these short term blips and improvements claimed with great fanfare and avid self-congratulations do not a process make. The process is downward, with an unmistakable trends towards impoverishment and chaos.

Third, taking on loans upon loans to repay old loans while stealing from social development to pay for weapons is not a gamble, since the outcome is pretty certain.

Last, the worst is yet to come.

So a magic wand is needed as a solution from your end. I do see your point and obviously I do not have enough present data to argue over what has been done. People are trying and we are hoping to recover inch by inch. If things fail I do not see what a solution for 200m people is in store. Maybe we can talk about that instead. But as of right now things in Pakistan are upbeat and hope they continue that way for us people with feet in the boat.

Running a deficit is not a death blow, but it does create a steady devaluation of the currency and over time makes a country poor. The evidence clearly shows what I am saying is correct.

Yes its not desirable but neither can it be equated to sinking ship example, which pretty much means a death blow. Specially when a significant portion is covered by remittences and a significant portion of the remaining is covered by foreign investment.

I watched that program and the most rupee lost its value and became crap due to musical chair parties of noonie leagues and ppp, please brother don't just sit blind sometime acknowledge the mistakes...remember foreign currency account freeze that destroyed economy in days...it matter because rupee was very stable during ayub and even during the war of 71 when yahya was in command.

duder, I yet have to see the fruits of Martial laws since 77, 10 years for Zia + 9 years for Musharaf, thats 19 years out fo 37, include last 5 years as Musharaf's wrong doing to save his ***....Yet you keep asking for miracles from 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 years of democracy, maybe you see something that i don't see. Lets wait 4 more years then we will have this debate again.

duder, I yet have to see the fruits of Martial laws since 77, 10 years for Zia + 9 years for Musharaf, thats 19 years out fo 37, include last 5 years as Musharaf's wrong doing to save his ***....Yet you keep asking for miracles from 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 years of democracy, maybe you see something that i don't see. Lets wait 4 more years then we will have this debate again.

Bhai did not I support martial law I think you still don't know me well after all these years/months, go and dig my posts i have not posted to tell you that in times of Army rule everything was great all I said is during the reign of couple of military dictators dollar was still stable it jumped from 4 rupees to 10 rupees in bhutto lutto times and than from 10.84 in zia era to 17 till his death and than the musical chair started i would also include mush failed rule he contributed 26 rupees additional to bring it o 68-70 rupees against dollar. So together with ppp-pml-n and pml-q destroyed what was left of rupee value. So open your eyes your showbaz Party still needs to pay to my family for the freezed dollar amount in fair way what the real value was at that time, I am asking 16000 dollars back not much huh.

Let it go bro logic does not work upon you and your party we can still be good buddies on this Forum.

One expert on Express news today said,If the rupee appreciate further and value drop below 95,It will create alot of problems.

I believe the appreciation need to be stopped at 97-98 and only after the Budget in june,They should again work on to bring it down to 88-90 before the 2015 Budget.

is it possible?

I think Pakistan State bank is buying dollars from open market, can anyone confirm this? To improve reserves and also keep currency rate around 97-98. Not a bad problem to have all.

Back
Top Bottom