What's new

Dokalam stand-off: 'Indian military can choose to return with dignity or be kicked out by China's PL

No incident in 1967. That is fabricated. I spoke to an old history professor and he said never heard of it and told me to be weary of stories from the web.

You need to get better professors. Really!

I saw someone ( @EndangeredSpecies was it you?) else debunking the Chinese myth making in another thread. Here is the newspaper clipping they posted. It is from a news-paper published in London on 14th Oct 1967.

upload_2017-7-5_23-0-13.png

The whole news paper page is in the PDF attached. I guess @EndangeredSpecies can post the link from where they took this from.

Update:

Okay I got that.. The entire circulation of this paper, Illustrated London News is available online -- with proper subscription that is.

http://www.gale.com/c/illustrated-london-news-historical-archive

Attachments

• 1967.pdf
    441.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Tere r many ways to challenge india lol.

Military is only but a single option.

anyway, maybe time for china to do chemical weapons and icbm transfer to pakistan and start training another china + pakistan army in indian occupied kashmir
Icbm transfer to pakistan for what, attack India? You okay??

"Words"

You think we listen
To a single word you say ,
It's only words, and words are all
You have to take our land away
You think that I don't even mean
A single word I say

China never said they are superpower like India. Your former dead president even said India is a superpower and your media.

Don't twist what APJ told it has be already discussed in PDF more than once.

Now its a matter of face saving for both nations, who will blink first is difficult to say but its better for both to solve the issue once for all.

Unlike India, presently China is having border issues with almost all the neighboring nations and all of them are watching present situation. Now its left to China to act against Bhutan and thereafter reactions of India, which will have long lasting implications on lot of nations future relations with China. Its China interest to not allow a alliance built up against it, like NATO against USSR, US is looking for opportunity just like cold war.

I have been shadow-surfing this site for a few days now, a new found love for me! So much to learn and contribute through informed discussions,yet arguments and slanders are what most users indulge in. I enjoy the way my countrymen respond to fire and brimstone with equal tenacity. But i must tell them as a professional studying the human psyche that a majority of them are not the representative of their stated nationalities, in all probability they belong to 'a single nation'. Really sorry for the off-topic first post,but i had to let it out!

Who's retreating! !!! We're in Bhutanese territory stopping chinese construction. It's been 3 weeks since the incident chinese didn't do anything but issue warning. Tell me who is retreatin now?? We're still there stopping their activities

READ my comment again sunshine.

You understand that we are in Bhutanese territory now ?

That's what Chinese are telling you to go back to your holes where you came from and save your dignity or will be forced into. I was questioning Chinese suggestion that in case India does go back into its hole, even in that scenario, there wont be any dignity.

loving what ? Your master getting snubbed by little Bhutan ?

WRONG. Our strategic partner now using the same language against India as we do.

Happy days!

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.ndtv.com/india-news/china-says-respects-indian-sentiment-open-to-options-on-kailash-yatra-1721091?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

NEW DELHI: China today said that it was open to discussing with India "the possibility of alternative arrangements through other routes for Indian official yatris who had planned to visit Kailash and Manasrovar via Nathu La Pass".

The Chinese embassy in New Delhi said in a statement that the entry of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims to Tibet through the Nathu La Pass had been halted for their safety. It said Beijing respects Indian sentiments on the pilgrimage.

"We are willing to discuss the possibility of alternative arrangements through other routes for Indian official yatris (pilgrims) who had planned to visit Kailash and Manasrovar via Nathu La Pass," embassy spokesperson Xie Liyan said. The official said that "the official yatra through Lipuleku Pass and non-official yatra through Lhasa and Purang are still on the rails".

China stalled this year's pilgrimage from Sikkim and through the Nathu La pass last month, demanding that India withdraw its troops from Doklam, which China claims as its territory and where it is building a road. Bhutan, which has a territorial dispute over Doklam with China has objected to the attempt to build a road as has India, which says it has security implications for it.

In Beijing, the Chinese Foreign Ministry today accused India of "trampling" on the Panchsheel principles and asked New Delhi to "correct its mistakes" as soon as possible by pulling back troops. India declined to comment on the statement.

"I am not taking any questions other than pertaining to this visit," Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar said at a briefing in Israel on PM Modi's bilateral talks with his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu.

Chinese embassy statement said the "Indian yatra to Kailash and Manasrovar is an important part of China-India people-to-people and cultural exchanges," noting that the yatra through the Nathu La pass was opened n 2015. The two sides, it said, "agreed that a total of 350 yatris in seven batches would take part in yatras to Xizang through Nathula Pass this year."

The embassy said the "first batch would have entered Xizang on June 20th, with visas already issued by Chinese embassy and preparation ready in Xizang. However, days before the departure of the yatris the Indian border troops crossed into the Chinese territory and obstructed the Chinese border troops' normal activities in Doklam." China, it said, had to stall their entry into Xizang through the Nathu La Pass to ensure their safety.

It also said that "up to now, the official yatra through Lipuleku Pass and non-official yatra through Lhasa and Purang are still on the rails. We are willing to discuss the possibility of alternative arrangements through other routes for Indian official yatris who had planned to visit Kailash and Manasrovar via Nathula Pass."

China and India have been engaged in a standoff in the Dokalam area near the India, China, Bhutan tri-junction for the past 19 days after a Chinese Army's construction party attempted to build the road. Doka La is the Indian name for the region which Bhutan recognises as Dokalam and China claims as the Donglang region.

China's state-run media had yesterday quoted Chinese analysts as saying that Beijing would be forced to use a "military way" to end the standoff in the Sikkim sector if India refuses to listen to the "historical lessons" being offered by it.

Don't twist what APJ told it has be already discussed in PDF more than once.

Now its a matter of face saving for both nations, who will blink first is difficult to say but its better for both to solve the issue once for all.

Unlike India, presently China is having border issues with almost all the neighboring nations and all of them are watching present situation. Now its left to China to act against Bhutan and thereafter reactions of India, which will have long lasting implications on lot of nations future relations with China. Its China interest to not allow a alliance built up against it, like NATO against USSR, US is looking for opportunity just like cold war.

Lol are you implying that they will take India's side if anything happen between China and India over Bhutan, it seems like India is so desperate to get help and wish to form a strong alliance against China but always be the one that got disposed with it serve no purpose: what happen to India-Soviet alliance against China? Russia today is strategically more align with China than India. Alliance means a solid relation between countries and fight for common cause, China-Pakistan can form a solid and reliable alliance against India that is for sure, we both at your door step...make bad mistake then India will have learn to practice their two fronts war theory.

Back
Top Bottom