What's new

Doha's new $15bn airport welcomes first flight

Its more political, wait a day or 2 and we might have another dissolved parliament.

That's the downfall of a parliamentary system in a non-Western country. It does not work anywhere outside of the West. Just look at India. The so-called biggest "democracy" in the world which is laughed at in the West and is a big, big mess on most fronts.

Imagine China with a parliamentarian system? Less than half of the initiatives that have made China great in recent decades would never have been made.

Last edited:
That's the downfall with a parliamentary system in a non-Western country. It does not work anywhere outside of the West. Just look at India. The so-called biggest "democracy" in the world which is laughed at in the West and is a big, big mess on most fronts.

Imagine China with a parliamentarian system? Less than half of the initiatives that have made China great in recent decades would never have been made.

Democracy cannot be divorced from the individualism and secularism that emerged with it philosophically and historically in Europe.

The global east (China, India, Arab World, etc) will never be able to replicate that process and the cultures are not predispositioned towards democracy as understood in the West, and never will.

Democracy cannot be divorced from the individualism and secularism that emerged with it philosophically and historically in Europe.

The global east (China, India, Arab World, etc) will never be able to replicate that process and the cultures are predispositioned towards democracy as understood in the West, and never will.

Exactly. To make matters worse the democracy you see in Russia and some of those Eastern European states are also diametrically different from those you see in Western Europe. Having an European grandmother and living in Europe I can see those differences even inside my own family and relatives.

I won't rule it out but it would at least take 1-2 generations.

Anyway I am not saying anything about whether democracy is the best system or not. It totally depends on what the population wants, the country, culture etc.

As I said nominally India is a democracy but so is Congo and to compare them with for instance France would be absolutely laughable.:lol:

Ettihad is amazing as well but the GCC is seriously the international hub for high-quality airlines.

So I am not the only one that is a big fan of Oman Airways? Good to see. I have only had good memories of that airline. Especially the food.

I largely agree.

LOL at your last part of your message. Hilarious. As a chemical engineer I can find quicker ways to make life miserable for him if necessary.:lol:

Like with everything in Kuwait nowadays. It all started so promising though. But still it's much better than 90% of all Muslim countries and most countries of the world but Kuwait has stagnated a lot since the sad events of the First Gulf War. It's like they have never really moved forward from that point on.

Yet the Kuwaiti Dinar is still the world's highest-valued currency unit. That has not changed.:lol:
yeah please go ahead...would be much pleasure for Pakistanies to see that happening!:tongue:

proxy slows down the speed so i dont like using it...i uninstalled it:(

its Couch:tongue: yeah but whenever we design any area be it in structural form or in colours we always keep each and everything in surrounding area in mind....white seperations and beige coloured flooring/ceiling dont go well...they have mixed too many colours whichis quite irriating to eyes....but over all its good!

Use a web proxy. hidemyass.com is one.

@mafiya

Your comments to this news please before I go to bed. You are the only person that lives in Qatar that I know about from PDF.

You should update us about the major projects in Qatar and defense related news obviously.

Why not built fitness centers and recreation areas for that kind of money? Some Qataris could need it.:lol:

McDonald's is rubbish. I would ban some of these useless fast-food chains and mostly serve local food or regional ME food instead.
My second idea was building a giant lens to put into space, near the sun, and use it to zap asteroids that either threaten the earth, or for resource collecting in space.

Qatar Airways to launch first A380 on London route in June
qatar_a380.jpg

Qatar Airways will launch its first A380 plane on the route from the new Hamad International Airport in Doha to London Heathrow on June 17, the carrier has announced.

The first of 13 such aircraft on order, Qatar Airways is set to receive three A380 aircraft in quick succession this summer and the new aircraft will commence operations on the QR003 and QR004 London-Heathrow route.
The A380 is the largest passenger jet in the world and will provide a superior traveller experience to the airline’s customers, Qatar Airways said in a statement.

Akbar Al Baker, CEO of Qatar Airways, said: “It is a significant moment in our airline’s history to welcome these aircraft into our rapidly expanding fleet.

"Operating on the Doha to London Heathrow route, these aircraft, with their customised cabins, will set a new level of comfort for our passengers, who will also benefit from a smooth and pleasant passenger experience at the world’s newest airport, Hamad International Airport, the soon to be opened new home of Qatar Airways.

“We are committed to offering our passengers the best possible experience when it comes to travelling with the airline, not only in terms of custom-built comfort features across all of our cabins, but with the continued expansion of our young and modern fleet.”

Hamad International Airport has been specially designed to cater to the A380 aircraft, with six contact gates designed specifically for the superjumbo.

In addition, the maintenance hangar at HIA – which is the largest in the world – is able to accommodate two A380s simultaneously.

In addition to the 13 A380 aircraft the airline currently has on order, Qatar Airways is also set this year to welcome the first of 80 A350 aircraft, the world’s newest aircraft, as Airbus’ launch customer.

This forms part of Qatar Airways' plans to significantly expand its fleet with 300 additional aircraft on order, worth more than $50 billion, including the Boeing 787 and 777X.

Qatar Airways to launch first A380 on London route in June - ArabianBusiness.com

Back
Top Bottom