What's new

Does pakistan have the ability to strike

Indian Navy's primary objective is Karachi.

with all due respect miroslav Karachi is pretty well protected.

and you really think that PAF gonna spare any one of them for the PN when they are busy with Flankers, Fulcrums, Vajra's and 126 MRCA's to be acquired.

well the navy has ordered 24 harpoon block 2 air to sea launched versions they can be carried by P3C's and the F-16's and with new number of F-16's PAF will be getting i think it can give some F-16's to the navy for air to sea duty..

PAF will be getting a good number of F-16's and JF-17's not to mention the fact that we are going to get another fighter jet besides the above two i have already stated so i think PAF can handle IAF pretty well given that we do get all those jets.. :)

Dear Miro,

Could you please post a link rather than copy & pasting? I hope you understand.

Regards,

Sorry Agosta-70 don't. Besides Agosta-90 is said to have that ability where as PN haven't procured a single Exocet missile to fit on Agosta's.
That's your personal opinion.
if that was my opinion then this is your dream!

Pakistan Navy have quite a few exocet missiles!!!! and have recently purchased MORE!

MiG-29K FULCRUM-D
Sea Harrier

what do radars operate on??? microwaves? yes?

Microwaves actualy get obsorbed by water! hence the water gets hot thus your food warm. concept of the microwave and the big black sea will obsorbe radar!!!

this is why Sub Hunters have a air born sonar!

ill post the info again! regarding what is a Sub Hunter!
Lockheed P-3C Orion (Update II).

ACTIVE : 3
OPERATIONAL SPEED : 410 kt (760 km/h).
SERVICE CEILING : 28,300 ft (8,625 m).
RANGE A/C : 4,000 n miles (7,410 km).

Update II: (Model 285A) Applied to 45 aircraft built from August 1977; added InfraRed Detection System (IRDS).....

AVIONICS: The AN/ASQ-114 general purpose digital computer is the heart of the P-3C system. Together with the AN/AYA-8 data processing equipment and computer-controlled display systems, it permits rapid analysis and utilisation of electronic, magnetic and sonic data. Nav/com system comprises two LTN-72 inertial navigation systems; AN/APN-227 Doppler; AN/ARN-81 Loran A and C; AN/ARN-118 Tacan; two VIR-31A VOR/LOC/GS/MB receivers; AN/ARN-83 LF-ADF; AN/ARA-50 UHF direction-finder, AN/AJN-15 flight director indicator for tactical directions; HSI for long-range flight directions; glide slope indicator; on-top position indicator; two AN/ARC-161 HF transceivers; two AN/ARC-143 UHF transceivers; AN/ARC-101 VHF receiver/transmitter; AN/AGC-6 teletype and high-speed printer; HF and UHF secure communication units; AN/ACQ-5 datalink communication set and AN/AIC-22 interphone set; AN/APX-72 IFF transponder and AN/APX-76 SIF interrogator. Electronic computer-controlled display equipment includes AN/ASA-70 tactical display, AN/ASA-66 pilot's display, AN/ASA-70 radar display and two auxiliary readout (computer stored data) displays.

ASW equipment includes AN/ARR-72 sonar receivers, replaced in Update III by AN/ARR-78; two AN/AQA-7(V)8 DIFAR (directional acoustic frequency analysis and recording) sonobuoy indicator sets, replaced in Update III by AN/UYS-1 Proteus; hyperbolic fix unit; acoustic source signal generator; time code generator and AN/AQH-4(V) sonar tape recorder; AN/ASQ-81 magnetic anomaly detector; AN/ASA-64 submarine anomaly detector; AN/ASA-65 magnetic compensator; AN/ALQ-78 electronic countermeasures set; AN/APS-115 radar set (360° coverage); AN/ASA-69 radar scan converter; undernose AN/AAS-36 IRDS; KA-74 forward computer assisted camera (deleted with IRDS installation); KB-18A automatic strike assessment camera with horizon-to-horizon coverage; RO-308 bathythermograph recorder.

Breguet Atlantic 1

Thomson-CSF: Awarded contract to upgrade Pakistan Navy Atlantic 1 aircraft with the AMASCOS mission system (see separate entry in France section).

SYSTEMS: SEMCA air conditioning and pressurisation system. Hydraulic system pressure 207 bars (3,000 lb/sq in). Electrical system provides 28.5 V DC, 115/200 V variable-frequency AC and 115/200 V stabilised-frequency AC. AirResearch GTCP 85-100 APU in starboard side of front fuselage, adjacent radar compartment, for engine starting and ground air conditioning, can also power one 20 kVA AC alternator and one 4 kW DC generator for emergency electrical power supply.

Thomson-CSF AMASCOS multisensor system

Type: Maritime sensor (air).

Description

The AMASCOS (Airborne MAritime Situation COntrol System) is a family of integrated maritime patrol and surveillance mission systems, designed for building up and updating tactical situations in real time and as a decision aid for operators. The modular systems can be integrated on any type of fixed-wing aircraft or helicopter. The typical AMASCOS configuration integrates Thomson-CSF equipment with the Ocean Master radar developed by Thomson-CSF and Daimler Benz Aerospace. The three versions of AMASCOS - AMASCOS 100, AMASCOS 200 and AMASCOS 300 - correspond to three broad categories of mission requirement ranging from simple maritime surveillance to anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare.

AMASCOS 100 is a lightweight configuration which weighs less than 250 kg. It includes radar and FLIR plus an integrated tactical computer and is suited for a wide range of missions, such as EEZ surveillance, search and rescue and law enforcement. It can be fitted on carrier or ground-based helicopters and light turboprop aircraft with one or two operators working in close co-ordination with the cockpit crew.

AMASCOS 200 adds ESM equipment to the AMASCOS 100 for anti-surface missions and can be extended to provide an Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) capability. It can be fitted to fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft in the 8 ton class. Two or three operators are required.

In addition to basic maritime patrol and surveillance functions, AMASCOS 300 offers both anti-surface and ASW capabilities and is suitable for naval operations command and control assignments. It can be installed on any maritime patrol aircraft in the 10 ton class and above. Three or more operators are required. The heart of the system is a dedicated tactical computer which collates and processes data from different sensors and other onboard equipment. The system can be equipped with the following: the Ocean Master radar, Sextant Avionique Nadir Mk II inertial GPS, Thomson-CSF Optronique Chlio FLIR, Thomson-CSF DR 3000 ESM, Thomson-CSF Link W data link, Thomson Sintra ASM Sadang 1000 sonobuoys, Thomson Sintra ASM HS 312S dipping sonar and Sextant Avionique MAD Mk III.

above information from
www.pakdef.info

and now for specifications of the agosta
SSK AGOSTA 90B CLASS ATTACK SUBMARINE, FRANCE

The Agosta submarines designed by DCN of France, are currently in service with the French, Spanish and Pakistan navies. The Agosta 90B is an improved version featuring higher performance and a new combat system. The new submarine features a higher level of automation, which has resulted in the ship's crew being reduced from 54 to 36. Other improvements include a new battery for increased range, a deeper diving capability of 350m resulting from the use of new materials including HLES 80 steel, and a reduced acoustic signature through the installation of new suspension and isolation systems.

Three Agosta 90Bs were ordered by the Pakistan Navy in September 1994. The first, Khalid (S137), was built at DCN's Cherbourg yard and was commissioned in 1999. The second, Saad, assembled at Karachi Naval Dockyard, was launched in August 2002 and commissioned in December 2003. The third, Hamza, which is being constructed and assembled in Karachi, is scheduled to commission in 2005. Work on the vessel was halted following a terrorist attack in May 2002, which killed 11 French engineers in Karachi, but has since restarted. The third submarine is being fitted with the MESMA air independent propulsion system, which will be retrofitted to the first two. The MESMA AIP has successfully completed Pakistan Navy acceptance trials.

Pakistan has been given a license by DCN to offer commercial production of the submarines to potential customers.

SUBTICS COMMAND AND CONTROL SYSTEM

The Agosta 90B submarines are equipped with a SUBTICS fully integrated combat system. This is supplied by UDS International, a joint subsidiary of DCN International and Thales (formerly Thomson-CSF). SUBTICS processes signals from the submarine's sensors, determines the tactical situation by track association, fusion, synthesis, trajectory plotting and management and handles all weapon command and control functions.

TORPEDOES

The Agosta 90B submarine is fitted with four bow 533mm torpedo tubes and has the capacity to carry a mixed load of up to 16 torpedoes and missiles. The submarine can be equipped with the ECAN F17 Mod 2 torpedo, which is a wire-guided torpedo with active and passive homing to a range of 20km. The torpedo delivers a 250kg warhead to a depth of 600m.
MBDA EXOCET SM39 MISSILES

The Agosta 90B is equipped with the torpedo tube launched MBDA (formerly EADS Aerospatiale) Exocet SM39 missile. Target range and bearing data is downloaded into the Exocet's computer. The missile approaches the target area in sea-skimming mode using inertial navigation and then active radar homing. The missile approaches the target at speeds over Mach 0.9 and range is 50km. Exocet has a 165kg high-explosive shaped charge warhead.

ELECTRONIC WARFARE

The Agosta 90B submarines are equipped with the Thales DR-3000U radar warning receiver, operating in D to K bands. The system uses a masthead antenna array with omnidirectional and monopulse directional antennae and a separate periscope warning antenna.

SENSOR SUITE

The submarine is fitted with a Thales Underwater Systems (formerly Thomson Marconi Sonar) TSM 223 sonar suite, which includes bow-mounted sonar and towed sonar arrays, SAGEM periscopes and navigation system and Thales I-band navigation radar.

PROPULSION SYSTEMS

The Agosta 90B class submarines can be equipped with a diesel-electric propulsion system or the MESMA air-independent propulsion system. The diesel-electric system consists of two SEMT-Pielstick 16 PA4 V 185 VG diesels providing 3,600hp and a 2200kW electric motor driving a single propeller..

A diesel-electrical submarine has to surface to periscope depth to recharge the batteries using the diesel engine, leading to increased risk of detection. The MESMA air-independent propulsion system, being fitted to the Agosta 90B submarines for Pakistan, allows the submarine to remain submerged three times longer. The MESMA system consists essentially of a turbine receiving high-pressure steam from a combustion chamber, burning a gaseous mixture of ethanol and liquid oxygen. The Agosta 90B's performance remains the same in all other respects, except that the length increases from 67m to 76m and submerged displacement from 1,760t to 2,050t.
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/agosta/

PNS Khalid (One of Pakistans Agosta 90b)

Upgraded Kilo Class (i say upgraded becouse the latest 80s cathode ray tubes had more rounder screen! !)

also you mention your upgraded Kilos can fire Klubs our agosta 70s could fire harpoons!!!

Also please enlight me when it was the lat time PAF spared it's jet's for the PN.
Ohh sorry. But we are not discussing imaginations and dreams.
Indian Navy's primary objective is Karachi.

currently theres a squadron or mirages on permenant Naval Duty. why does India with superior then f16 MKI and MIG 29 fulcrum piss her pants when they her pakistans buys f16 block52+s???

By 2010? Babur is yet to be teted on the naval platforms whereas Brahmos is already fitted on one of the Kashin's after tests. Tu-142 and Flankers can carry and fire them anytime.
the Babur is OPERATIONAL!!! sea trials are actualy already over!! just like in 1998 we wait for the perfect moment to publicaly test our stuff!

and regards to brahmos. try to get the source code from the ruskys first before you can amass it on your smaller vessels!

and which second rate NCO told you that Karachi is going to be blockaded?? most of our traffic will be through gwader in the future!!!. and Gwader port will outstrip Karachi Port! Karachi port is not a deep water port!! and also oil is going to come through gwader and the indian navy is going to try to stop that. to try to starve the pakistani war machine out of supplies

which will cause oil prices accross the world to rise as china one of the world largest oil consumers will also suffer from the blockade as it will be improting LOTS of oil from gwader. American business will slow down to a halt becouse of the high oil prices! all western economys reliant on chinese imports will suffer sudden inflation in nearly everything since nearly everything is made in china and since all western chinese industry will be using gwader as it is 3000 miles shorter!. the european economy and also the american economy will start to crumble. in the short term.

last time this happened was when sadam invaded quwait. there was a more then 100% increase in oil and america killed its pet dog! and this is going to be more then oil! and will effect almost every industry in the western world!.

why are the chinese so obsessed with making a port in gwader to secure their trade routes??? will they just sit and watch??

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Nov 1 2005, 02:15 AM
Dear Miro,

Could you please post a link rather than copy & pasting? I hope you understand.

Regards,
[post=1875]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes I do understand but I think 99% of my information related posts are having links in the bottom. Please let me know if I havent put the link.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Nov 1 2005, 01:37 AM
with all due respect miroslav Karachi is pretty well protected.
[post=1866]Quoted post[/post]​

Good for PN.

Last time IAF/IN did maximum damage at Karachi.

Let me know if you want some info with pics.

Yahya,

As a part of IAF, I am very well aware of Pakistani abilities and I dont take information/advices from NCO's.

So I give up and better we wait for the day of delivarance.

Thanks,

Miro

Yahya,

I will be also thankful to you if you can provide any links/sources for your claims such as.

PN Agosta's can fire Exocet and PN have procured them.

Currently theres a squadron or mirages on permenant Naval Duty.

The Babur is OPERATIONAL!!! sea trials are actualy already over!!

why does India with superior then f16 MKI and MIG 29 fulcrum piss her pants when they her pakistans buys f16 block52+s???

No we dont piss in our pants. This is a part of the strategy. May be you can read the article written by an Ex-PAF Air Marhall. You will find that article in Air Warfare thread, IAF tries hard topic.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 1 2005, 01:10 PM
Good for PN.

Last time IAF/IN did maximum damage at Karachi.

Let me know if you want some info with pics.

Yahya,

As a part of IAF, I am very well aware of Pakistani abilities and I dont take information/advices from NCO's.

So I give up and better we wait for the day of delivarance.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=1928]Quoted post[/post]​
i wasnt implying that.

its a insult used to make the person mad hence irational! well done...youve passed.

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 1 2005, 01:15 PM
Yahya,

I will be also thankful to you if you can provide any links/sources for your claims such as.

PN Agosta's can fire Exocet and PN have procured them.

Currently theres a squadron or mirages on permenant Naval Duty.
[post=1929]Quoted post[/post]​

a: the information sheet i posted about the agosta from naval technologies. !!! read it.

b: its a well known fact!

AMD-BA Mirage 5.
ACTIVE : 12
OPERATIONAL SPEED : 750 kt (1,390 km/h).
SERVICE CEILING : 59,055 ft (18,000 m).
RANGE A/C : 740 n miles (1,370 km).
ROLE/WEAPON SYSTEMS : Operated by the Air Force, and all can be used for maritime strike. Sensors: Thomson-CSF radar. Weapons: ASV; two AM 39 Exocet or Harpoon; two 30 mm DEFA.

DASSAULT MIRAGE 5
Single- and two-seat ground attack aircraft.

PROGRAMME:

The Mirage 5 is a ground attack aircraft using the same airframe and engine as the Mirage III-E. The basic VFR version has simplified avionics, 470 litres (123 US gallons; 103 Imp gallons) greater fuel capacity than the III-E, in a tank between the engine air intakes, and considerably extended stores carrying capability. It combines the full M2+ capability of the Mirage III, and its capability to operate from semi-prepared airfields, with simpler maintenance. In ground attack configuration, up to 4,000 kg (8,818 lb) of weapons and 1,000 litres (264 US gallons; 220 Imp gallons) of fuel can be carried externally on seven wing and fuselage attachment points. The Mirage 5 can also be flown as an interceptor, with two Magic or Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and 4,700 litres (1,241 US gallons; 1,034 Imp gallons) of external fuel. At customer's option any degree of IFR/all-weather operation was provided for, with reduced fuel or weapons load. The Mirage 5 was flown for the first time on 19 May 1967. A total of 517 Mirage 5 aircraft were built.

VERSIONS:

Mirage 5: Initial version developed for Israel with Atar 9C-3 turbojet engines as a clear weather fighter bomber. Mirage 5D: Export version based on Mirage 5 airframe. Radar omitted.
Mirage 5R: Reconnaissance version with cameras fitted in modified nosecone.
Nesher/Dagger: Israeli-built Mirage 5 named Nesher. Subsequently transferred to Argentina and renamed Dagger.

UPGRADES: Dassault: For details see Advanced Technology Upgrade Programmes in this section.
SABCA: Mirsip/Elkan programme see separate entry in Belgium section.
SAGEM: Responsible for general overhaul of 40 Mirage 5 aircraft acquired from French Air Force. SAGEM will undertake an avionics upgrade on 20 of these aircraft. Also participation in the Mirsip/Elkan programme. See separate entry in this section.
SNECMA: Contract to re-engine Colombian Air Force Mirage 5s with Atar 9K-50 turbojets.

OPERATORS: Versions of the Mirage 5 are in service with the armed forces of the following countries: Abu Dhabi (22); Argentina (8); Colombia (13); Egypt (74); Gabon (7); Libya (70); Pakistan (52); Peru (15) and Zaire (6).
The structural description of the Mirage III-E is generally applicable to the Mirage 5, with the following exceptions:

ARMAMENT: Seven attachment points for external loads with multiple launchers permitting a maximum load of more than 4 tonnes. Ground attack weapons are similar to those carried by the III-E. For interception, two Magic or Sidewinder missiles can be carried under the wings.

EQUIPMENT: Optional equipment on the latest versions includes an inertial nav system and nav/attack system, with head-up display and either Agave multipurpose radar or an air-to-surface laser rangefinder and Aida II radar.

DIMENSIONS, EXTERNAL: As Mirage III-E except:

Length overall.............................15.55 m (51 ft 0{1/4} in)

WEIGHTS AND LOADINGS: As Mirage III-E except:

Weight empty....................................6,600 kg (14,550 lb)

PERFORMANCE (in `clean' condition, with guns installed, except where indicated): As III-E, plus:

Combat radius with 907 kg (2,000 lb) bomb load: hi-lo-hi..................................700 n miles (1,300 km; 808 miles) lo-lo-lo..................................350 n miles (650 km; 404 miles) Ferry range with three external tanks.....2,158 n miles (4,000 km; 2,485 miles)
http://pakdef.info/###/navy/index.html

Operated by the Air Force, and all can be used for maritime strike.

I leave in real world, I don't rely on words like Can Be.

a: the information sheet i posted about the agosta from naval technologies. !!! read it.

Yes I read it.

But does it says that PN has Exocet's and can be fired from PN Agosta's?

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 2 2005, 06:56 PM
I leave in real world, I don't rely on words like Can Be.
Yes I read it.

But does it says that PN has Exocet's and can be fired from PN Agosta's?

Thanks,

Miro
[post=2099]Quoted post[/post]​
yes.

it does say PN agostas can fire exocets.

but the news regarding their purchase is on PDF.

and i am killed from their untill the fourth

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 3 2005, 06:08 AM
yes.

it does say PN agostas can fire exocets.

but the news regarding their purchase is on PDF.

and i am killed from their untill the fourth
[post=2154]Quoted post[/post]​

Still you have no answer for Mirages..............

Grow up yahya.

Just like your Mirages claim.

I can counter claim with Mirage-2000 and Flankers of IAF.

Rather I chose to post the what actually we have and rest the possibilities.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 3 2005, 08:18 PM
Still you have no answer for Mirages..............

Grow up yahya.

Just like your Mirages claim.

I can counter claim with Mirage-2000 and Flankers of IAF.

Rather I chose to post the what actually we have and rest the possibilities.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=2222]Quoted post[/post]​
check out masroor using google earth.

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 3 2005, 09:32 PM
check out masroor using google earth.
[post=2226]Quoted post[/post]​

What Mirage claim? What is he talking about? Is he saying that Mirage can't fire Exocet?

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Nov 4 2005, 09:14 PM
What Mirage claim? What is he talking about? Is he saying that Mirage can't fire Exocet?
[post=2277]Quoted post[/post]​
no he is saying that PAF would be too busy to cover the PN while im saying the PAF has dedicated some mirages for the PN and the status would not change now matter how much the AF needs the mirages and the Mirages would cover the PN untill they fall/entire indian fleet sunk.

Back
Top Bottom