What's new

Does any one want Indo-Chinese friendship?

Friendship can't be there till:

china don't stop its support terrorism in India.

china don't stops anti India activity

china don't stops feeding proxy against India

china don't stops encircling India

china don't stops to slow down India's progress

china don't gives back Aksai chin

We will be china's biggest friend and china will benefit as they don't need military presence and expenditure along Indian sides and our market will be wide open for them.

We have fertile land and natural resources that china don't have. but china have to behave.

We must guard against the back stabber till then.

invalid.

Learn to live with issues, we can be closer that is what we are doing.

Why can't we (Asian nations) be like the EU?
Friendship is good, but an alliance is even better!

seems far fetched but....
I hope India+China+Pakistan can all be friends if not allies.

friendship is good...but what if chinese friendship and one more 'nehru' comes together in future..

You are absolutely correct, the new generation of Chinese leaders are realistic and pragmatic, unlike Chairman Mao and his extreme ideology.

Thank God we had Deng Xiaoping... his market reforms lifted hundreds of millions of Chinese out of poverty, and led to a more pragmatic Chinese leadership.
And I admire Deng for that. & Deng's actions inadvertantly set of a process that had a huge impact on India. Our efforts for liberalization started in 1991/92. By that time you guys had been implementing reform for almost 20 years. In that sense Deng was a truly historicc figure, not only for China, but also for the rest of Asia.

Why can't we (Asian nations) be like the EU?
Friendship is good, but an alliance is even better!

seems far fetched but....
I hope India+China+Pakistan can all be friends if not allies.
We can be provided we are very creative in how we approach our problems.

And I admire Deng for that. & Deng's actions inadvertantly set of a process that had a huge impact on India. Our efforts for liberalization started in 1991/92. By that time you guys had been implementing reform for almost 20 years. In that sense Deng was a truly historicc figure, not only for China, but also for the rest of Asia.

Thank you for saying so. :cheers:

We were cursed with Mao, but blessed with Deng Xiaoping.

Maybe it is karma! :thinktank:

Actually that is a wildly misunderstood concept. Yes, Deng did start reform initiatives in the late 70's after crushed Gang of Four. However this reform was only limited in a very few couple small places as a trial for its reform. Shenzheng was one of them and the most special one as well. For the rest of China, the level of reform was very limited and very slow. This reform was not met without objections. The protest of Tiananmen Square was aim at many social problem caused by the reform. There were many conservatives within the party who tried to stop those reforms. The full reform did not take root in China until Deng's southern tour in 1992. For example Shanghai almost had nothing new to be built before 1992, and after it become big construction site, after 5 years Pudong become a financial center from just pure farmland.

arunachal and aksai chin will keep haunting this effort for friendship,though anyway count me in:cheers:

Actually that is a wildly misunderstood concept. Yes, Deng did start reform initiatives in the late 70's after crushed Gang of Four. However this reform was only limited in a very few couple small places as a trial for its reform. Shenzheng was one of them and the most special one as well. For the rest of China, the level of reform was very limited and very slow. This reform was not met without objections. The protest of Tiananmen Square was aim at many social problem caused by the reform. There were many conservatives within the party who tried to stop those reforms. The full reform did not take root in China until Deng's southern tour in 1992. For example Shanghai almost had nothing new to be built before 1992, and after it become big construction site, after 5 years Pudong become a financial center from just pure farmland.
Interesting. In 1992 we were in a terribe balance of payment crisis & all your lock & stock politicans were against reform, you know the typical IMF/World Bank conspiracy theories (Ya we've had our share of that too). 'Devaluaing the Indian Rupee is like devaluing India's pride' and such nonsense.

By then and in the next few years China's reforms were very extensively discussed. I think that by 1992 you had sufficiently proved your system works. And ya, I'm aware of Jiang Xemin's second thoughts and Deng's tour shoring up support for the reforms. That was quite historic.

If China and India can become friends in the likes of US-Canada, there is no force on this planet that can stop us. That is exactly what the US does not want. India and China will rule the next century and its upto us how we treat each other.

US will as always follow its divide and rule policy to continue with its dominance,but the Chinese and Indian leaders should understand and co-operate to tackle USA.USA is not helping India or China,all it is doing is trying to ensure its dominance over the world and if China and India become friends,USA can not even dare to think and be against "Friends India and China"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom