What's new

Do you still support Musharraf?

Please vote after the discussion (Do you now support Mush?)

• Yes

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 38.7%

• Total voters
Yes that one person was going to remove him after being elected by a 57% majority.

if he is going to do wrong so tell me y the ordinary people are happy or in favour of him.
and y mush is going to remove that one person.

i have no choice but i like that Army should do there job except coming and controlling the government. i like that there should be public representation. like that of Iran, india and alike. Army should have no concern about politics they should remain in barracks.

On one thing i am totally with you. Army should be on the borders or in their peacetime barracks. Thats that but PA or politicians have always created situations where slowly they are becomming intertwined. Normally the world would not bother if nukes were not involved hence now everybody is putting in their two bits on how Pakistan should be run.

Regards

On one thing i am totally with you. Army should be on the borders or in their peacetime barracks. Thats that but PA or politicians have always created situations where slowly they are becomming intertwined. Normally the world would not bother if nukes were not involved hence now everybody is putting in their two bits on how Pakistan should be run.

Regards

i know there creats some sort of such situations in which army have to come but tell me are the politicians are illiterate to handle them...how many times marshal law imposed on india....zero. bcz of sincere people and sincere government. thats y they are enjoying good economy. one of the core problem is the fudalism in our country and second problem in lack of sincerity thats y such situations are created in which army had to come. but i am simply opposing the way he put the martial law. i think there is no need for it.

I dont think he was ever popular. No dictator can be. But those around them keep telling their boss that he is the only popular one in the whole country and unfortunately the person at the top falls prey to their talk

I dont think he was ever popular. No dictator can be. But those around them keep telling their boss that he is the only popular one in the whole country and unfortunately the person at the top falls prey to their talk

Well unfortunately there are plenty of people who have been bought by politicians. Or follow personality cults. After all how many of the opposition parties have elections for their own leaders?

Most of the people who are virulently against Musharaff on here tend to be people who follow ideologies (in some cases those who have never set foot in Pakistan ). (Bhutto's bunch of followers)

Or those who have sold themselves because some politician has done something for them .

Either way no thanks to either of you guys, because having seen first hand how much damage these heroes have done I would opt for a dictatorship than corrupt self serving people (In this case I include you lahori)

well, he is not the first dictator in our history and i suppose he will not be the last.

but the thing is we remember ayub's era for the two dams and a war we thought we won.
"ghazi zia"'s era for jihade afghanistan and klishonkov.
but wat is the thing we'll be remembering mush's era for bloodshed, suicide attacks and thousands of casualties on pakistani army.

give me one possitive thing about his era , ohh the economic uplift, "the rising pakistan" i dont think its sustainable. with our country really short on energy, high energy prices, high trade deficit and brain drane , really high inflation specially food inflation , 7% is not sustainable.

and as he said in his speach that he done this to keep the pakistani economic pace. does he think we r all ****heads, who will invest in such a country where there is an emergencey. today moody investment services changed pakistan's rating from stable to nagetive.

Excellent idea Webby. I was thinking the same myself - whether people changed their minds after analyzing the situation dispassionately.

My own initial reaction was one of shock and betrayal, and that could still prove to be true, but I am leaning towards supporting a relatively short emergency, and fairly early elections, and a civvy Musharraf with a stick to ensure our "democratic leaders" stay on course with respect to the broader policy of promoting moderation in society and continuing the economic reforms - next goal - The quarter billion economy mark!

AM

Did he have any other options?

The Emergency was being asked for by those who wanted to take Pakistan back in time.

Do you really believe that these odd and sods are really for democracy?

Or are they for merely power and go back to their own games of building personal empires.

Has the CJ acted like an impartial person? He is still active fomenting trouble!

"ghazi zia"'s era for jihade afghanistan and klishonkov.
but wat is the thing we'll be remembering mush's era for bloodshed, suicide attacks and thousands of casualties on pakistani army.

The core issue that has brought Pakistan to this state!

And Musharraf is left holding the can!

Nothing that should makes one proud of about that total loser called Zia! He is the real power hungry military dictator who could sell his soul to the Devil so that he is comfortable in power!

Where were all these lawyers and the CJ then?

A thriving economy alone can raise the masses and from the morass! Thank Musharraf for that!

Ask Neo. He was pasting the great recovery all over the forums and yet he is silent now! Disappointing!

salim, im no fan of zia , i said ghazi zia in a scaristic way.

yes economy is important no question about that but did india used military rule for its economic growth. yes our politicions are corrupt but do u sincerely think that ur politicians are angels, no pakistanis are as corrupt as any other nation in this world. only problem is we dont have any institutions, and generalsof pakistan never allowed our institutions to thrive.

The core issue that has brought Pakistan to this state!

And Musharraf is left holding the can!

I don't think Gen M has landed straight from heaven and become the CAS ? Please don't forget he is a career Army Man who has held very important roles and probably some of the illfated mess may have been his brain childs.

Nothing that should makes one proud of about that total loser called Zia! He is the real power hungry military dictator who could sell his soul to the Devil so that he is comfortable in power!

Gen Zia died 20 years ago so you cant keep on blaming him for all problems. Time Pakistan moved on.

Where were all these lawyers and the CJ then?

They were 20 years younger. Nor did Zia hide behind a fig leaf of democracy. He was a dictator and quite open about it.

A thriving economy alone can raise the masses and from the morass! Thank Musharraf for that!

With Standard and Poor and Moody both downgrading the investment risk in Pakistan as unstable I can see foreign investors making a beeline to Pakistan now.

Ask Neo. He was pasting the great recovery all over the forums and yet he is silent now! Disappointing!

Gen M may have done a great job till now but even smart and honest men makes mistakes and he does not want to pay for them thats all. Has he introduced any rules which will get rid of corruption in Parliament till date ? Nada. Conversely if majority of Pakistani's wish their country to be a Islamic country has he initiated any steps to do the same ? Nada.

Best Regards

salim, im no fan of zia , i said ghazi zia in a scaristic way.

yes economy is important no question about that but did india used military rule for its economic growth. yes our politicions are corrupt but do u sincerely think that ur politicians are angels, no pakistanis are as corrupt as any other nation in this world. only problem is we dont have any institutions, and generalsof pakistan never allowed our institutions to thrive.

The short answer is that it was not required!

All subcontinental politicians are wonders of the world. And internationals ones are no angels either!

If you wanted your democratic institutions to function, you could have done it when you had the phases of 'democracy'. But the politicians liked the status quo to enrich themselves! So, don't blame the military alone!

Gen M may have done a great job till now but even smart and honest men makes mistakes and he does not want to pay for them thats all. Has he introduced any rules which will get rid of corruption in Parliament till date ? Nada. Conversely if majority of Pakistani's wish their country to be a Islamic country has he initiated any steps to do the same ? Nada.

Best Regards

Has the "democratic" politicians done it?

Mushrraf has done more than your democratic coots!

Rome was not built in one day!

And now, the CJ and his camp followers don't want to allow Rome to be built at all!

Has the "democratic" politicians done it?

Mushrraf has done more than your democratic coots!

Rome was not built in one day!

And now, the CJ and his camp followers don't want to allow Rome to be built at all!

Dear Salim,

Are you stating that the Supreme Court should be populist ? Their job is interpret law and thats what they are doing. Thats the bottom line.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom