What's new

Do you like Mahatma Gandhi?

Do you like Mahatma Gandhi?

• Total voters
1. My post has nothing to do with my BD identity. I am a member here like all others trying to contribute something irrespective of nationality. Truth must be told. Sangh Pariva / BJP are your next ruling party, and they are the most organized and currently dominant political party.

2. We in SA have a right to know about the Gandhis and Nehrus. What have they done for us, to us and with us? After all the slaughter we have been suffering, it is time to get less emotional and look at these people in clear eyes.

You could start by reproducing the truth, that you claim so glibly to tell. These are libels, and not one of them has proof or validation.

The Sangh Parivar /BJP have been losing voter share continuously, and are hanging on where they are by the skin of their teeth. It is extremely unlikely that they will come to power. Having said that, what connection do their electoral prospects have to do with your reproducing their propaganda? If the Pastafarians are likely to come to power in India, will you then reproduce the Pastafarian manifesto?

You, and the whole world, certainly have a right to know what is authentic and proven about the Gandhis and the Nehrus, not to spread personal attacks of this sordid sort. Whatever they have done, to you or to others, does not justify your printing these really ****** sexual innuendoes and personal attacks. And none of the people mentioned by you are responsible for any slaughter that you have been suffering, so you don't have even a flimsy excuse to offer in self-defence. You are just a trouble-making troll, nothing more, nothing less.

As for getting less emotion, if your motives had not been irrational, you would not have reprinted irrational lies. You would have taken the trouble to ascertain the facts and then gone and printed them, and come to conclusions about them. This is sordid and lowdown, and shows a low character and a lack of morality.

If you continue, I shall have to report you.

This might be a international forum, but you are not a stake holder nor you are an expert in this issue to give your comments about my countries leader. Let we INDIANS and PAKISTANIS who had common interest of gaining independence from the Bristish who fought under the leadership of Gandhi and Subash Chandra Boss and countless other leaders talk and come to cognisence about Gandhi, Nehru, Jinha, etc.
This is about our history not yours, so stay out of it kindly.[
/QUOTE]

Very well said.

Did you mean it, or are you a hypocrite?

If you mean it, how is it that you have not reacted in identical manner to post 134?

I have mixed feelings about him... I still don't think he is the saint everyone portrays him to be,but I still respect him for what he did against the British.

No, I dont.

If he and Nehru were wise enough India would have remained united.

If India was united we would be unstoppable I'll give you that

If that guy has written same on Jinnah, you would agree on that too.

Gandhi had 5 children too.

Do take the time to read the URL. It's a supposedly humorous piece - the Americans, especially those from New York, have very strange senses of humour - and this Charley has picked up on that as a serious piece and thinks he made a splash. Treat a thundering idiot as he should be treated - as a thundering idiot - and don't assign a serious bad manners value to his blethering.

I agree that this concept of nonviolent resistance is a sham promoted by the establishment because they are scared sh*tless of the consequences if the downtrodden should start demanding their rights by force.

Nonviolent resistance is only a sideshow; the results can almost always be attributed to other causes.

In the case of Gandhi, as noted above, all the colonial powers were vacating their colonies anyway.

In South Africa, Desmond Tutu would have achieved nothing were it not for the global media's campaign to put pressure on the apartheid government.

Finally, in the US, MLK was over-hyped by the mainstream media as a safer and nonthreatening alternative to Malcolm X and others because the white establishment wanted to channel black anger into safer avenues. MLK actually achieved nothing; it was the white-dominated media that built pressure onto the establishment, and LBJ who formulated the important legislation.

Thank you.

If MLK would not have been assasinated---he future was nothing---it was already on a downward slope. His death gave a cause to the movement and made a martyr out of him.

Hi,

People---please stay with Gandhi's ideology---not his sexual practices. Gandhi was a good man---he did a lot for hindustan---the hindu sikh muslim and other minority hindustan.

We can do whatever commentary that we want to AFTER THE FACT----

To some of my indian colleagues----if you are so sure that Gandhi was bad for india and you really and trully hate him---go ahead and make the world believe in it---and then see how the world treats you.

2. We in SA have a right to know about the Gandhis and Nehrus. What have they done for us, to us and with us? After all the slaughter we have been suffering, it is time to get less emotional and look at these people in clear eyes.

You certainly have a right to know but the only thing you do seem to know is to cut & paste garbage. I suggest you first learn that not everything on the internet is true even if it is claimed that it is so. Maybe then you will actually contribute to a productive discussion which at the present moment, like a lot of my countrymen here, you are simply incapable of doing.

Hi,

People---please stay with Gandhi's ideology---not his sexual practices. Gandhi was a good man---he did a lot for hindustan---the hindu sikh muslim and other minority hindustan.

We can do whatever commentary that we want to AFTER THE FACT----

To some of my indian colleagues----if you are so sure that Gandhi was bad for india and you really and trully hate him---go ahead and make the world believe in it---and then see how the world treats you.

Very well put. Thank you for summing it up.

Very well said.

Did you mean it, or are you a hypocrite?

If you mean it, how is it that you have not reacted in identical manner to post 134?
That went for every one who is not a stake holder. I hope you put yourself in my shoe and understand that i really meant it.

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth." - Albert Einstein

Just a simple poll,because i have come across many in fact majority of people i know don't like him and some hate him to the core(those who are old enough to be young at the time of independence)
And my answer is also a No...i don't like him at all..
P.S-Don't troll it out!
Don't know enough about him and so can't vote.

NO!

His policies are totally contradicting my faith when it comes to tyranny and oppression. Zulm karna paap hai aur Zulm sehna Bhi paap hai (If it is a sin to commit wrong, then it is also a sin to live with wrong).

Back
Top Bottom