Votes: 0 0.0%
  • darkness

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • around strange people

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • other

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Bhai Masla roman english ka nahi balkay wo indians ka problem hai. Un kai devangari script mai ڑ nahi hai. Humaray urdu script mai hai.

tu ? mai galat likh raha hun ? i guess ?

I used to fear fire, but after my qualified submariner program and learning to combat fires in enclosed spaces such as a submarine's interior, I got over that. However, drowning is still a major fear for me. I can only imaging the horror felt by the sailors aboard K-141 when it went down. I have a pool, I've never used it, my dog loves it. To this day I can't stand swimming or being in any deep water. Puddles I'm fine with, but any deep water, no way! The only solace I took heart in when on subs was that in the event of a fire we can put it out with damage, but not the loss of the boat, but if there was a leak, the internal and external pressure differential would equalize so quickly that you'd be dead before you knew you were even drowning.

As for other things, I squish bugs in my house, being naked in public sounds like fun:partay:, you can't be claustrophobic in the navy, I was a good student so bad grades weren't a possibility (only 2 Bs in 9 years of college, all other's are As - I'm a doctoral candidate in Bio-Chemistry), I love the night - it's calming without the noise and hustle of the daytime, and being afraid of guns and military service don't mix. Only drowning still bothers me.

Last edited:
I used to fear fire, but after my qualified submariner program, and learning to combat fires in enclosed spaces such as a submarine's interior, I got over that. However, drowning is still a major fear for me. I have a pool, I've never used it, my dog loves it. To this day I can't stand swimming or being in any deep water. Puddles I'm fin with, but any deep water, no way! The only solace I took heart in when on subs was that in the event of a fire we can put it out with damage, but not the loss of the boat, but if there was a leak, the internal and external pressure differential would equalize so quickly that you'd be dead before you knew you were even drowning.

As for other things, I squish bugs in my house, being naked in public sounds like fun:partay:, you can't be claustrophobic in the navy, I was a good student so bad grades weren't a possibility (only 2 Bs in 9 years of college, all other's are As - I'm a doctoral candidate in Bio-Chemistry), I love the night - it's calming without the noise of hustle of the daytime, and being afraid of guns and military service don't mix. Only drowning still bothers me.

you are Qualified Submariner , and you fear drowning :blink:

you are Qualified Submariner , and you fear drowning :blink:

Yep, many of them do. I'm also a qualified diver (I still like snorkeling, but not diving anymore), underwent drown-proofing, but being hundreds of meters under millions of tons of water has an effect on your thoughts on the water. Remember, if anything happens when you are underway, if a leak occurs, your dead. Forget about an emergency blow, that's only for minor problems such as a reactor failure (yeah, that's a minor problem), a leak that penetrates the outer hull would kill many sailors instantly, only those sealed within bulkheads would live. But even then, as seen with K-141 Kursk, being saved might not happen. Those sailors died too, only they died from a fire caused by a faulty air scrubber.

Last edited:
Since I had a serious accident I have a tunnels Phobia, really hard to drive in long tunnels, puri tunnel ghomne lagti hai:cry:

Yep, many of them do. I'm also a qualified diver (I still like snorkeling, but not diving anymore), underwent drown-proofing, but being hundreds of meters under millions of tons of water has an effect on your thoughts on the water. Remember, if anything happens when you are underway, if a leak occurs, your dead. Forget about an emergency blow, that's only for minor problems such as a reactor failure (yeah, that's a minor problem), a leak that penetrates the outer hull would kill many sailors instantly, only those sealed within bulkheads would live. But even then, as seen with K-141 Kursk, being saved might not happen. Those sailors died too, only they dies from a fire caused by a faulty air scrubber.

Are you telling me that you can't do a K-19 the Widowmaker -esque Reactor repair ? :o:

I'd be like Harrison Ford in that movie ! :smokin:

I bet @Nihonjin1051 would be like Liam Neason ! :whistle:

Are you telling me that you can't do a K-19 the Widowmaker -esque Reactor repair ? :o:

I'd be like Harrison Ford in that movie ! :smokin:

I bet @Nihonjin1051 would be like Liam Neason ! :whistle:

You can do that, an emergency blow would get you to the surface, the sub can then be repaired by the crew of towed to port. Remember, K-19 didn't sink, it suffered from reactor problems due to a coolant malfunction. 22 sailors died from radiation burns, not drowning. K-141, USS Thresher, USS Scorpion, those were drowning deaths, in Thresher's case it was crushed by exceeding the do not exceed depth during testing. K-141 had a torpedo malfunction killing most of the crew. Those that survived and were trapped in the wreckage died while trying to replace an air scrubber, it reacted with the water flooding the boat and caught fire. USS Scorpions fate has never been determined.

K-19 suffered for collisions, fires, reactor problems, but never a hull penetration of sinking.

Last edited:
Yep, many of them do. I'm also a qualified diver (I still like snorkeling, but not diving anymore), underwent drown-proofing, but being hundreds of meters under millions of tons of water has an effect on your thoughts on the water. Remember, if anything happens when you are underway, if a leak occurs, your dead. Forget about an emergency blow, that's only for minor problems such as a reactor failure (yeah, that's a minor problem), a leak that penetrates the outer hull would kill many sailors instantly, only those sealed within bulkheads would live. But even then, as seen with K-141 Kursk, being saved might not happen. Those sailors died too, only they dies from a fire caused by a faulty air scrubber.

good , than i wont be a Submariner :D but at least underwater you dont have grasshoppers :D

No phobias.

any fear regarding anything ?

You can do that, an emergency blow would get you to the surface, the sub can then be repaired by the crew of towed to port. Remember, K-19 didn't sink, it suffered from reactor problems due to a coolant malfunction. 22 sailors died from radiation burns, not drowning. K-141, USS Thresher, USS Scorpion, those were drowning deaths, in Thresher's case it was crushed by exceeding the do not exceed depth during testing.

K-19 suffered for collisions, fires, reactor problems, but never a hull penetration of sinking.

Our own PNS Ghazi was sunk when it struck its own mine while laying it ! :(

The Indians say they sunk it ! :mad:

My phobia is missing out what happens to earth in a thousand years

good , than i wont be a Submariner :D but at least underwater you dont have grasshoppers :D

seriously do they even look like from this world ??
grasshopper7.jpg

any fear regarding anything ?

My phobia is missing out what happens to earth in a thousand years

dont worry , you can enjoy the world live telecast from Heaven or hell , they might have some LED's over there

Back
Top Bottom