What's new

Do Russian arms sales to Vietnam contradict Chinese interests?

What a coincidence: Putin will visit Vietnam on November 12. And interesting: VN is the second country in the Asia-Pacific region Putin makes a visit to after China this year.

http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/6205

Well business is just business.
That is true. Besides Putin wants Russia to become a superpower. Again. Maybe we Vietnamese can help him a bit. :dance3: Actually Putin is a bit mysterious (he was a secret service agent during the Cold war). In general Russians are smart people, but beware if they are drunken, they become crazy and erratic. So it is better not to serve rice wine during his visit. :partay:

That is true. Besides Putin wants Russia to become a superpower. Again. Maybe we Vietnamese can help him a bit. :dance3: Actually Putin is a bit mysterious (he was a secret service agent during the Cold war). In general Russians are smart people, but beware if they are drunken, they become crazy and erratic. So it is better not to serve rice wine during his visit. :partay:

Putin is indeed a freaking legend :smitten:

Don't worry, if they are drunken, you can have them to sign the contract of giving Vietnam - best friend of Russian people some nuclear weapons~

No, no bro. I believe we can beat Russian in drinking, coz Chinese like to drink 56° rice wine :cheers:

181721825.jpg

Putin is indeed a freaking legend :smitten:

Don't worry, if they are drunken, you can have them to sign the contract of giving Vietnam - best friend of Russian people some nuclear weapons~
okay, we will serve this dish to Putin, our best comrade in the world: cơm rượu (Vietnamese rice balls in rice wine). :yahoo: the nukes are ours!

tumblr_lvssxc18961qg91va.jpg

No, no bro. I believe we can beat Russian in drinking, coz Chinese like to drink 56° rice wine :cheers:

181721825.jpg
nice stuff with nice name bomb... LOL

Russia has a weak manufacturing sector, and if it weren't for arms sales, oil/gas/petroleum exports would be all it has. Therefore, China shouldn't begrudge Russia this business, and regardless, nor can it - Russia is going sell to anyone, even the Syrian rebels/islamists or Saudi Arabia, if they can afford the price tag. And ultimately it doesn't matter because Vietnam is not a credible military threat to China.

Yeah but all(maybe not all but majority) countries need Russian Oil/Gas and theirs high military tech.

I fully support Russia selling arms to Viet. The more the better. The more expensive the merrier.

I like to see the Viets go bankrupt.

What a coincidence: Putin will visit Vietnam on November 12. And interesting: VN is the second country in the Asia-Pacific region Putin makes a visit to after China this year.

http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/6205
This would make Vietnam an important nation to Russia, just like China.

Anyway, Putin should be a mediator between Vietnam and China.

181721825.jpg
56° ? We drink self-made 70° moon shine (called samogon). And our militaries drink pure medical spirit (96°).
Now, of course, everybody drink less. But earlier - those were the guys. Could drink a bottle of vodka wiht throat like children drink milk - and nothing, stay sober.
:police:

Last edited:
I fully support Russia selling arms to Viet. The more the better. The more expensive the merrier.
I like to see the Viets go bankrupt.
ha ha ha why, will Canada benefit from our downfall, LOL? we buy mostly on credit, you know. And if we don´t have enough cash, we will pay back with fish sause. :rofl: 
56° ? We drink self-made 70° moon shine (called samogon). And our militaries drink pure medical spirit (96°).
Now, of course, everybody drink less. But earlier - those were the guys. Could drink a bottle of vodka wiht throat like children drink milk - and nothing, stay sober.
:police:
comrade, it would be nice if Russia provides us with another squadron of modern submarines. To your health! Prost! :cheers: 
This would make Vietnam an important nation to Russia, just like China.
Anyway, Putin should be a mediator between Vietnam and China.
The problem is China does not want mediation or interference from other powers. Vietnam would welcome Russia to mediate the dispute. Indonesia could play a role, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom