What's new

DO INDIANS SUPPORT FORMATION OF TELANGANA STATE

Smaller states would give rise to coalition governments which allow even minor forces exploit the public.Rest assured no party can form govt on its own if tg is formed.TG has 119 seats of which tdp ,trs ,mim ,cpi have their permanent bases.It is highly unlikely tht any single party forms govt any time in the future.there are more negatives than positives if tg is separated.politicians may not act tough on muslims fearing loss of vote banks.we saw very recently in dilsuknagar how terrorists killed innocents

hyderabad will become another pakistan with bombs going off every other day.First let majority of muslims progress in education ,then we can think about separate telangana.we shld not be carried away by our blind irrational emotions.we have to weigh both pros and cons before deciding on issues which are of national interest.BJP is aware of the slight polarisation between hindus and muslims here.It wants to cash on it by carving a separate state.

make hyderabad as joint capital like chandigarh

sawaal hi nai paidha hota.Hyderabad is an integral part of telangana for centuries .Infact even during the times of kakatiyas it was part of tg.I dont support separation but if it is separated make hyd a joint capital for a period of 10 yrs until andhraites develop their own capital.The emotional attachment to hyd of ppl tg cant be understood for outsiders.Even asaduddin stated tht if tg is formed hyd shld be its capital.

I don't think it' up to Indians, but it's up to current residents of Andhra Pradesh. If they feel the need to have separate state of Telangana then there should be a referendum.

As for, Hyderabad. Mumbai was in same dilemma in 1960 when Bombay presidency was divided into Maharashtra and Gujarat. Geographically Mumbai layed in to Maharashtra but economically it was controlled by Gujaratis and Marwaris. Till date there are many Gujaratis and Marwaris in Mumbai, even after Shiv Sena tried to chase them away. So, it shouldn't really matter as long as it's part of India

Division of the state should be on the basis of demography, governance issues and proper scientific methodoloy but not on emotions. second SRC is the way to go on this issue in my opinion. srikakulam, vijayanagaram and some rayalaseema districts are much backward than some telengana areas. backwardness and socio economic inequalities are pervalent all over the state not just telangana.

Smaller states would give rise to coalition governments which allow even minor forces exploit the public.Rest assured no party can form govt on its own if tg is formed.TG has 119 seats of which tdp ,trs ,mim ,cpi have their permanent bases.It is highly unlikely tht any single party forms govt any time in the future.there are more negatives than positives if tg is separated.politicians may not act tough on muslims fearing loss of vote banks.we saw very recently in dilsuknagar how terrorists killed innocents

you forget that when muslims are 35%,then Hindu get together,CPI/TRS etc ll all vanish.

you forget that when muslims are 35%,then Hindu get together,CPI/TRS etc ll all vanish.

That is why BJP is supporting tg actively.such polarisation of the society is not at all preferable.We are destined to live with diff religions and should try to bring everyone into the fold of humanity.

Isn't Telangana a language?

Does that mean that this will be a newly created province based on language?

telangana is a dielect of telugu..which is spoken in andhrapradesh

There is a hot debate about carving out Telangana State out of Andra Pradesh. Telangana was merged into Andra State in 1956 to form Andra Pradesh. Now some people in the State want to carve out Telangana State again. I have heard that BJP supports the formation of Telangana whereas Congress opposes it.

I am interested in the opinion of the Indian members of PDF.

For or against ?

Telangana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

no i'm from hyderabad and i dont support seperate telangana

Andhra Pradesh consists of three parts ,Telengana, Andhra and Coastal of which Telangana is the poorest and Andhra the most prosperous . But the economic hub of hyderabad is located inside Telangana. If Telanga state is formed, Hyd would be the capital. Rich people of Andhra who have invested heavily in Hyd fear they might lose their influence if Hyd goes to Telangana. And the people of telangana believe they will get better opportunities if they could form the state with Hyd as the capital. I support the people of Telangana.

that was just a wrong notion developed by the trs for political gains..north eastern districts of srikakulam ,vizianagaram,visakhapatnam are worse they lie in AOB boarder .most people are tribals and struggling to survive.only 3 dists krishna,east godavari ,west godavari are doing good.. some telangana districts like medak,rangareddy,warangal,nizambad are better off...and rayalaseema dont even have water leave about growth..industries and it services and coal mines are located in telangana,,few other mines in rayalaseema..agriculture in andhra..if the states gets divided then there will be a huge gap in resouce allocations..even so the backward dists of rayalaseema and andhra would get nothing not even sufficient water to andhra who are dependent only on agriculture
@Srinivas
On the other side of the coin, some people claim the the larger State is not responsive to their group as some other group members enjoy inordinate powers in the bigger State. This is the main complaint of Telangana State residents who feel Andhra residents take up all the jobs at the expense of Telangana people.

Generally, the conventional wisdom is that smaller administrative units are more responsive to the needs of the people, universally.

I guess the debate will go on. A lot depends on how the people of telangana vote on the issue. If BJP wins, Telangana may become a reality. Historically, Telangana use to be a separate State in its own right.

thats not true..its telangana which have all the industries,it sector and coal mines

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually , I support the idea of smaller Administrative units upto a point. Some units can be too small to form a State or a Province in case of Pakistan. I am a firm supporter of South Punjab and Karachi/Hyderabad as a separate Provinces in Pakistan, as such a move will create a better Administrative units.

Btw, Telangana State if created, will have a Population of 35 Million people and have a huge area. It is not a small admninistrtive unit by any stretch of imagination.

yes smaller states are doing good in hdi in india..but the issue here is telangana people wants to seperate but rayalaseema and andhra regions dont want to..so thers the complexity..i want to point out that even though andhrapradesh is big..its the third largest economy in the country with about $130 billion dollars which is about half of ur gdp

People of Andhra has to decide about it....

we dont want a seperate telangana..and it stays that way

I've heard both aides of the argument.. Telangana has been one of the poorest regions in Andhra Pradesh(A.P). There were many reasons, it location which is in the Deccan plateau to the leaders who never really cared for its people.

While the location made irrigation projects difficult the leaders made them impossible.. The leaders from Andhra with coffers full of money obviously exerted the policy of the state more in their favor.

Hyderabad is the bone of contention, the investment there is heavy, break A.P no problem, make Hyd the capital of Telangana- will not accept.

The problem according to me is the people wanted Telangan but the leaders are not serious themselves, they are given some money and contracts and all the agitation goes to hell. Money talks and in this part of the world a dhoti clad person is more rich than a average working guy, the iron grip of Andhra investors in Hyd is difficult to remove.

If after all the people do want a division they must be accorded a separate state but I doubt it will achieve much, seeing the sad state of politicians from that region.

reality is the other way round..dists like srikakulam,vizianagaram,visakhapatanm are least developed who are stugling to live..its in aob boarder and the poor tribals are living a bad life..all the industries,it sector and coal mines are located in telangana..trs party was born when chandrasekhar rao was denied ministry by chandrababu naidu..its born out of pure political interests..they stirred the people who were calm and disturbed the calm atmosphere and people got carried away..telangana is not going to become a state what so ever

I fully support creation of Telangana state within Union Of India.. this will help in breaking states down to more manageable size and national funds can be managed properly. Look at Jharkhand.... and Uttaranchal.... both carved out of existing large states .. and now they are doing even better then their parent states.

this is a peculiar case where one section wants to seperate and the other two dont want it..creation of seperate telangana causes disallocation or resources..telangana has it sector,industries,water,coal..rayalaseema has mines ,andhra has agriculture and ports..seperating these would not be in anybodies interests..they are 3rd largest economy in state together

But that is the point , precisely. Their demands have not been met. The Andhra and Coastal people have the State machinery in their hands and all the resources are diverted for their use, Telangana is not getting their fair share of water for their farming community. All the State Jobs are given to Andhra people, Telangana people are not getting their fair share of jobs. The list of grievances is long and have not been addressed for last 50+ years.

I think now with the support of BJP they might finally get their wish. Modi is firmly behind them.

thats nothing but political propaganda.,nobody got the proof for those things and people get carried away..there is something called 610 G.O which ensures the security of telangana employees..and regarding water itt flows from andhra to telangana ..andhrapradesh is called rice bowl of india and majority of it is from coastal andhra region.with out water all the crops would dry up its not only good for a.p but the entire country
http://www.etelangana.org/Articles/Go M.S no 610.pdf

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom