What's new

DNA exclusive: Nothing new about Pak’s latest missile, scientists tell PM

They could have removed the fins and add composite motor casing, flexible exhausts with no fins etc would have made some radical changes. I think the improvements done inside the missile. But not a new missile to be called Shaheen 1A. Such improvements were done in our existing Agni-1 and Agni-2 for years.

The highlighted part is more to the point, hence the change in the shape of the nose cone. ;)

Oscar,

Given that India already has two Radar Imaging Satellites (Risat 1 and 2) and one of the finest AWACS systemswith ELTA EL/M-2075 AESA L-band radar, the trajectory of the missile can be easily tracked including the launch and impact point.

Strategic Plans Division claimed that it had an improved range (see press release below). This claim has been effectively put to rest after comparing the the range of the missile launched this time with its predecessors.

Here is the ISPR press release

The missile is an improved version of Shaheen-1 with improvements in range and technical parameters. It is capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

Bl[i]tZ;2940210 said:
Oscar,

Given that India already has two Radar Imaging Satellites (Risat 1 and 2) and one of the finest AWACS systemswith ELTA EL/M-2075 AESA L-band radar, the trajectory of the missile can be easily tracked including the launch and impact point.

Strategic Plans Division claimed that it had an improved range (see press release below). This claim has been effectively put to rest after comparing the the range of the missile launched this time with its predecessors.

Do you think missiles are let go to their maximum range in each test ??

Ghauri in its first launched traveled a few hundred kilometers less compared to its told operational range.

A missile going to its maximum range is not the only indicator to see if the missile can travel how far. There are other methods also which can be used to ascertain the maximum range a missile a go.

Bl[i]tZ;2940210 said:
Oscar,

But the range is dependant on the target..
or do you always launch a missile at its maximum range?
The fact is.. if I did not know it to be true..I would not stick to it.
So perhaps I cannot convince anyone else(So no smart alec..not u.. others.. should ask me for the who's,whys and wheres) of the fallacy in gauging the capabilities of this missile, but I have much more proof for myself to believe it to be total (pardon my french) BS assessment by India.. or total BS press release.

At this point.. the said method stated is comparison by image which is at its core, extremely flawed... No mention of anything else(finest or not) used.

What can you tell me about the differences between these aircraft, in terms of capabilities from these pictures? Which is the block 42?
(without using the image url)
F16C30_851426.jpg

19th_Fighter_Squadron_-General_Dynamics_F-16C_Block_42F_Fighting_Falcon_89-2097.jpg

BL2_8839%20F-16C%20Block%2025%2084-1381%20right%20side%20l.jpg

There must've been some improvements inside the missile with some new little circuits replacing
some old little circuits. But anyone can see this article has perfectly debunked the myth that
this so called "long range (lol)" missile shaheen-1a is still a short-to-medium range ballistic missile
and nothing more!

Its very disgusting to see how a few forum jingoes though in April that this missile is a 4000-4500km
ranged IRBM. A troll claim. A few new little circuits are not going to increase a 700km missile's range
to 4500km, check. :rofl:

@Oscar

So you think a plane and a missile are the same? If so, then how you should compare it is
put pictures of an f-22 and an f-16 and ask members what is a stealth-optimized design and
what isn't. An expierienced scientist can tell by looking at pictures of a missile and analyzing
it its probable range could be. Someone like them can differentiate with their knowledge the
difference between an MRBM and an ICBM by looking at them, same can be done in case of
a stealth plane and non-stealth plane. Anyone with some brain can tell what is what.

Showing pics of different F16s proves nothing. There might be improvements among the versions
(same as missiles) but any improvement to an f16 cant make it a Raptorski.And neither can
small improvements to MRBMs make them ICBMs or long-range missiles as some members
seem to be thinking here.:lol:

So in other words..
Indian scientists would also conclude that there is no visible change between the F-16 block-30 to the F-16 Block-50.
After all.. they both look the exact same in images.
Brilliant research methods I must say.

hahaha :lol: yeah very smart research method ... :rofl: word nahi hae mere paas ... :enjoy:
:pakistan:

credibility of indian sources and intel can be measured when they declared five LeT terorrists entered india to bomb. So let them be happy and proud of their intels.

Do you think missiles are let go to their maximum range in each test ??

Ghauri in its first launched traveled a few hundred kilometers less compared to its told operational range.

A missile going to its maximum range is not the only indicator to see if the missile can travel how far. There are other methods also which can be used to ascertain the maximum range a missile a go.

Explain plz. :what:

Explain plz. :what:

Well its a lengthy and complicated topic to discuss, and i am no rocket scientist :)

But just a few factors which can influence the range of a rocket. A better rocket engine will provide more thrust, thus enabling the same missile with the same fuel to be launched further away. better fuel, quality wise can also help in achieving more range. Such kind of changes are first tested on the ground, giving the scientists the idea how better is the rocket engine working or how better is the fuel & its consumption time. With these calculations, the scientists can calculate that with such thrust and this much fuel and this much weight, the missile can be launched this far. Even aerodynamic changes helping in reduced drag can help in achieving a better range.

hope i made little bit of sense.

There must've been some improvements inside the missile with some new little circuits replacing
some old little circuits. But anyone can see this article has perfectly debunked the myth that
this so called "long range (lol)" missile shaheen-1a is still a short-to-medium range ballistic missile
and nothing more!

Its very disgusting to see how a few forum jingoes though in April that this missile is a 4000-4500km
ranged IRBM. A troll claim. A few new little circuits are not going to increase a 700km missile's range
to 4500km, check. :rofl:

@Oscar

So you think a plane and a missile are the same? If so, then how you should compare it is
put pictures of an f-22 and an f-16 and ask members what is a stealth-optimized design and
what isn't. An expierienced scientist can tell by looking at pictures of a missile and analyzing
it its probable range could be. Someone like them can differentiate with their knowledge the
difference between an MRBM and an ICBM by looking at them, same can be done in case of
a stealth plane and non-stealth plane. Anyone with some brain can tell what is what.

Showing pics of different F16s proves nothing. There might be improvements among the versions
(same as missiles) but any improvement to an f16 cant make it a Raptorski.And neither can
small improvements to MRBMs make them ICBMs or long-range missiles as some members

Nobody is thinking that...the only one bringing in cheap jingoism and cynical in here is you.
If you cannot disprove the F-16 image theory.. you have no knowledge to bring to this discussion other than cheap shots.
Prove that you can tell the difference between the F-16's... and you are even worth talking to.

@Oscar

Please refrain from insulting highly educated individuals like "Oscar". He has real hands-on experience with military systems and associated technologies. I'm pretty sure that his knowledge far exceeds that of yours or mine (combined ) when it comes to military tech.

Don't be an idiot on purpose.

regards,

Back
Top Bottom