What's new

Division of muslims in indian subcontinent in 1947

Status
Not open for further replies.
me. i feel pakistan's creation weakened the indian subcontinent (ie india) internally and drastically. many indians make a wrong assumption that if partition did not happen, what today comprises of pakistan- the people and its culture, would be a part of india.
they cannot be more wrong. If it did not take place, if india remained as a single entity, the muslims of sindh, balochistan, punjab etc would be VERY different from what they are today- ethically, culturally and morally.
Lahore would be a sikh city, Karachi a Hindu city and Delhi a muslim one.
Then there are the millions of lives lost in the riots.

My countrymen fail to see that and keep parroting "Thank God partition happened".

Partition was inevitable my friend...a poor, diverse, illiterate and intolerant country cannot be held together for long.

When you see Indian batting line up Sachin, Sehwag, Saurav + few bowlers like Kumble etc. and Pakistani bowling line up, especially in times of Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain + batsmen like Saeed Anwar etc. , I think hope we didn't have partition. :D

Think of this team.
Real life is not game of cricket.even if you want to give example of subcontinent cricket team then sachin,shewag,ganguly,kumble should be muslims.That will make atleast zaid hamid happy...:azn:

since you are incapable of understanding the chain of causality yourself, let me help you by giving one example.

why do we have bomb blasts today? Pakistan sends or aids militants. why? state policy since 80's.
why? kashmir.
Now imagine undivided india and examine the following chain.
No Pakistan - no kashmir problem - no islamic militancy - no bomb blasts.
Get it?

Now use this logic to solve the rest of your doubts.

The major serious lack of logic in your imaginary Akhand Bharat fantasy is the assumption that Pakistanis wanted to stay in India. They clearly didnt, with the reasons outlined in my previous post. You would be having the Kashmir problem not just in today's Kashmir, but also in Muslim majority areas which distinctly want a seperate nation for themselves.

Now if you are going to argue that Muslims in Pakistan/Bangladesh did not want a seperate country in 1947, then I am afraid you are alost cause who is not worth arguing with.

The only reservations I have about partition is that the transfer of population should have happened in a more peaceful means. Non-Muslims that wanted to come to India from Pakistan should have done so peacefully, while Muslims in India that preferred to live in a Islamic state rather than a secular one should have been sent off there peacefully. Other than that, I am a 110% supporter of Partition.

Real life is not game of cricket.even if you want to give example of subcontinent cricket team then sachin,shewag,ganguly,kumble should be muslims.That will make atleast zaid hamid happy...:azn:
I was giving Jon an example of when people would like to think partition didn't happen. It was supposed to be for fun. You won't understand, its Cricket not baby shower. :D

Partition was inevitable my friend...a poor, diverse, illiterate and intolerant country cannot be held together for long.

no , Muslims can not be held with non-Muslim population this is reason of partition, look at Kashmir they want country for Islam too.

if in future some thing can divide India it's only Muslim population it won't be Maoist or any other.

I was giving Jon an example of when people would like to think partition didn't happen. It was supposed to be for fun. You won't understand, its Cricket not baby shower. :D
Ya you said is right i wont understand cricket neither did George Bernard Shaw when he had famously said,“Cricket is a game played by 22 flannelled fools and followed by 22,000 fools".Sure I and him didnt belong to the class of those 22000.but then baby shower is enjoyable and is understood by every age group from young child to the oldest person........:P

Going by the facts available - majority muslims wanted partition - those who live in Pakistan and Bangladesh and those who were left behind in India. In 1946 elections, Muslim League stood the election on the primary platform of separate nation for muslims and they won majority of the muslim seats.

Ya you said is right i wont understand cricket neither did George Bernard Shaw when he had famously said,“Cricket is a game played by 22 flannelled fools and followed by 22,000 fools".Sure I and him didnt belong to the class of those 22000.but then baby shower is enjoyable and is understood by every age group from young child to the oldest person........:P
Over a billion people, young kids to old people enjoy Cricket. Sorry, bad example. :D

Over a billion people, young kids to old people enjoy Cricket. Sorry, bad example. :D
From his time till date population increased....Even then there is no dearth of fools in the world hence the billion of them in the world out of 7 billion.That makes majority population of the earth as intelligent otherwise earth would be full of apes.:cheesy:

From his time till date population increased....Even then there is no dearth of fools in the world hence the billion of them in the world out of 7 billion.That makes majority population of the earth as intelligent otherwise earth would be full of apes.:cheesy:
Yeah, all are fools, only you are intelligent. :coffee: Silly us. You got no defense, you just hate the game and giving reasons whichever comes in your mind. Haters gonna hate. Do you even like a game or sport, I mean at all ?

me. i feel pakistan's creation weakened the indian subcontinent (ie india) internally and drastically. many indians make a wrong assumption that if partition did not happen, what today comprises of pakistan- the people and its culture, would be a part of india.
they cannot be more wrong. If it did not take place, if india remained as a single entity, the muslims of sindh, balochistan, punjab etc would be VERY different from what they are today- ethically, culturally and morally.
Lahore would be a sikh city, Karachi a Hindu city and Delhi a muslim one.
Then there are the millions of lives lost in the riots.

My countrymen fail to see that and keep parroting "Thank God partition happened".
But unless muslims being accepted as undisputed rulers of subcontinent partition was bound to happen.

But unless muslims being accepted as undisputed rulers of subcontinent partition was bound to happen.
This ruler mentality rather than living with peace is what caused the partition. 2NT was given and people believed it. Those who didn't and chose to live in harmony, got successful.

Muslims rule weakened with the death of Aurangzeb, last futile attempt was done by Razakars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom