What's new

Discover "Azerbaijan - The Land of Fire"

Sheki city

3052450827_d97416a1e3_b.jpg

Khinalug has a history of 5.000 years and is amongst the most ancient places in the world.

Azerbaijani_Village.JPG

Azeri traditional dance.

800px-Mugham_Festival_2008.jpg

Ancient Christian Albanian (Caucasian) Church in Kish village, Azerbaijan

3057111178_d8320c6286_b.jpg

3056272843_ff3b5349d8_b.jpg

^^^^^
What are the building in last two photos ? They look like Armenian style churches.

^^^^^
What are the building in last two photos ? They look like Armenian style churches.

No dont worry they are not armenian churces. In Azerbaijan territory, even in Karabakh there is no historical armenian church.
Before turks migrating to Caucasus there was a half christian and half zoroastrianism state which was called Caucasian Albania - Caucasian Albania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So after turks migrated Caucasus they mixed up with these Caucasian Albanians. And in Arab invasion these people became muslims. But still there are christians remain in Azerbaijan who were Caucasian Albanians before. Azerbaijan has 94% muslim.
So we consider Caucasian Albanians half of our ancestors.

And now we have a lot of churches left from Caucasian Albanians. And this is one of them.

I havent had much exposure to Azeris, but the ones I do know are LOVELY human beings. Seeing some of these pictures makes me want to visit.

I am a strong proponent in increasing our bilateral trade with Eurasian/Caucasus countries; we have much to gain from eachother financially, militarily etc.

I am also a staunch supporter of Azerbaycan's geo-political interests, such as the liberation of armenian occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region

☪☪☪☪;960653 said:
I wish Pakistan also follow path of Turkey and other developed modern countries like Malaysia etc and become developed and liberal country.It'll take 2-3 decades though.

it requires leadership, bro.

Pakistan was supposed to have been like those countries; but it seems that the leaders and some people dont respect the Quaid's vision for Pakistan. The Pakistan of the 1950s is different from the Pakistan of today.

the foundations are still very much present; and we are ahead of even some economically advanced Muslim countries on some regards (e.g. freedom of the press, independent judiciary, women participation in federal and provincial politics, etc.) and of course we have a lot of catching up to do in other regards (more competitive value-added exports; evenly spread economic/social development, education, literacy etc.)

:pakistan::pakistan:

Ramil_Guliyev_Novi_Sad_2009.JPG

Ramil Guliyev (Azerbaijani: Ramil Eldar oğlu Quliyev; born 29 May 1990 in Baku, Azerbaijan) is a sprint athlete from Azerbaijan. He competes in the 100 meters and 200 meters events.[1][2] He competed at the 2009 European Athletics Junior Championships, winning a silver medal in the 100 m and a gold medal in the 200 m.[3]
He holds the national and national junior records in both events. He is also the 200 m European junior record holder and national junior record holder in the 60 metres.[4] His 200 m time is the second fastest by a junior athlete, after Usain Bolt.[5] He came second in the men's European Athletics Rising Star of the Year Award for his achievements in 2009.[

Source:wikipedia

Azərbaycan;961625 said:
Actually we are more culturally, historically close to Iran than any other country. There only 2 country that officially full of Shia Muslims: Azerbaijan and Iran. There were only 2 country Azerbaijan and Iran that had the same religion, which was Zoroastrianism and so on.
But I dont know why Iran supporting Armenia and it's occupation over Karabakh. We are muslims, Armenians are christians. Armenians killed and did genocide to muslim people, specially in Ottoman time. So Iran is also muslim country. But just like you I dont understand why still Iran supports them. May be the reason can be only the 30 million Azerbaijanis in Iran. Like I told you, Iran does not want any communication between these 2 Azerbaijani community. The decisive factor tilting Tehran towards Yerevan was nevertheless the policies of the Popular Front government in Baku...Led by President Abulfaz Elcibey the Popular Front government gradually developed a vehemently anti-Russian and anti-Iranian policy

You have you view but according to Wikipedia:

As the leader of Azerbaijani Popular Front (APF), the historian Abulfazl Elchibey, came to power in June 1992, Azerbaijan turned increasingly towards Turkey. Indeed, Elchibey was decidedly Pro-Turkish, secularly oriented, pan-Azeri and vehemently anti-Iranian. This meant that Tehran had exactly the kind of government in Baku that it did not wish to have. President Elchibey did not show any diplomatic tact either. On several occasions, he blasted Iran as a doomed state and predicted that within five years, Azerbaijan would be reunited. It remains clear that during the Elchibey's rule, Iran drifted towards close contacts with Armenia.

So it was Azerbaijani President Abulfazl Elchibey that created this tension between Iran and Azerbaijan. So it was Azeris who made possible for Armeni to move closer to Iran. Your side of the story seems different.

You have you view but according to Wikipedia:

As the leader of Azerbaijani Popular Front (APF), the historian Abulfazl Elchibey, came to power in June 1992, Azerbaijan turned increasingly towards Turkey. Indeed, Elchibey was decidedly Pro-Turkish, secularly oriented, pan-Azeri and vehemently anti-Iranian. This meant that Tehran had exactly the kind of government in Baku that it did not wish to have. President Elchibey did not show any diplomatic tact either. On several occasions, he blasted Iran as a doomed state and predicted that within five years, Azerbaijan would be reunited. It remains clear that during the Elchibey's rule, Iran drifted towards close contacts with Armenia.

So it was Azerbaijani President Abulfazl Elchibey that created this tension between Iran and Azerbaijan. So it was Azeris who made possible for Armeni to move closer to Iran. Your side of the story seems different.

Elchibey was very nationalist and pro-turkish president. He promised that until Iran will not give back Azerbaijan lands, he will not gonna shave his beard =))..It sounds little bit stupid, but he used to show his nationality in this way. And I think did right turning toward to Turkey. Because we can not rely on Iran, but surely we can rely on Turkey.
You know the route of this bad relation is coming from the history. When Azerbaijan was under Persian rule, we used to be always against this. We had alot fights, problems in that time. We wanted to be separate from Iran. But later on Iran and Russia divided Azerbaijan. And from that time actually we dont like Iran, specially nationalist ones. We are turks, but persians didnt want and still does not want Turkish/Turk power in these areas. You can see it also nowdays, which Iran dont like Turkey's strong behavior in Middle East. Because Iran considers itself most powerful Muslim country and the Leader of Muslims.

And in 1992 Karabakh War, Iran gave his petrol to armenians to use against us in the war. So that is why we have like so many complicated relations with each other.

Gusar - one of the coldest places in Azerbaijan. Besides, the biggest ski resort in the Southern Caucasus is under construction in Gusar.

makeim2.jpg

3makeim.jpg

makeim-4.jpg

makeim8.jpg

1akeim.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom