What's new

Disclosing Kargil casualties would affect morale of troops: CIC

None of your points is proven .Our mission objectives in kargil were achieved . So we have every right to celebrate kargil victory .
If it was pakistan that was celebrating the victory (some of your men are) , then I would have agreed with you that it was a idiocy.

You got yourself owned by a bunch of irregulars + regulars and even after that failed to clear all peaks. You lost AC's and a chopper to those guys who had no air support. Your military doesn't want to disclose war casualties. Tells us about the worth of this "victory".

If you want a good example of idiocy being celebrated , you can look up for Pakistan Navy Day .

They bombed your territory successfully. And came back safe and sound. Nothing wrong there.

There is nothing to admit .Everybody knows it.

Many of your delusional countrymen think otherwise. You need to teach them too.

Just like many delusional and stupid countrymen of yours who believe that they are going to capture kashmir from India.

They have captured 35% of it. And for the rest 45% they have created a lot of trouble for you. There plans makes sense.

Areesh your stay on this forum is quiet long...Not sure why you sometimes act like a stubborn kid!!

You got yourself owned by a bunch of irregulars + regulars and even after that failed to clear all peaks. You lost AC's and a chopper to those guys who had no air support.

How many times you need to be educated on this front??? Even if i take this as a fact even then Kargil was a victory for India....When a war is fought it is not fought on the basis of losses incurred...I know that you will very conveniently ignore some stated facts about mountain warfare however i can only tell you things that you don't know...How to tell things that you already know but ignoring them just for some false ego massage???

Your military doesn't want to disclose war casualties. Tells us about the worth of this "victory".
See this is where your false pride has brought you to...You have failed to acknowledge even a basic thing which has been said by Indian friends(including me) on a number of occasions right in this thread...Let me say it once again...The number of casualties is already in Public Domain..There is nothing more to share there...however no information can be obtained from Army under the pretext of RTI....can you see the difference??

They bombed your territory successfully. And came back safe and sound. Nothing wrong there.
They achieved none of their mission objectives...If the mission objective was to kill a cow then sure!!

They have captured 35% of it. And for the rest 45% they have created a lot of trouble for you. There plans makes sense.

The fact is not an inch has been captured since IA reached Kashmir....The onlt thing that has happened is loss of so called claimed territory by Pakistan....So let's leave the past right there and talk about the current topic in mind!!

The morale won't go down.It never does at the time of war.If another misadventure takes place in future the enemy will again get toasted to hell.

LOL.........

Not sure why Pakistani gloat about casualties suffered at Indian side. You guys were sitting on top of hill and soldiers were climbing from the bottom. It is normal to have more casualties. Also the other aspect is that initially Army did not reacted to Kargil as action against soldiers with big guns and thought they were mujaheddin, this mistake also led to lot of casualties. IA made huge mistake in not getting to know the really enemy till late and treating them with kid gloves initially. When they knew and brought the Artillery and IAF, things changed big time.

I don't think any of the Pakistani members gloat over Indian deaths. It's basically a precursor to any argument on who held the upper hand and thus impossible to not discuss. However, nobody on this side is gloating deaths!!

All casualties in Kargil war were granted compensation to the tune of abt 40 to 50 klakh minimum (from various govts and agencies together). In 2013 terms thats minimum half a million dollars.

If any soldier has been excluded, their families have all the incentive in the world to come forward and prove the casualty nos wrong.

But this CIC ruling is NOT about Kargil anyway.

Now discussing with pak army fanboys technical matters like Right to Information act in India is as futile as they teaching us the meaning of ''doctrine of necessity''. Legal system of the two countries works differently and even basic understanding of a technical ruling would be too much to ask, as is evident from the post above this one.

So on average how much one dead soldier got?

India constituted an enquiry commission on Kargil, what about Pakistan, where is the commission. :woot:

Commissions are setup usually to probe failures, it was setup on the Indian side to do just that!

Nawaz Sharif claimed 3000, ISPR website 453 while Musharraf claimed 260 Pakistani soldiers killed in Kargil.

NS claimed 3k casualties on Pakistani side after he was deposed and held no official position, ISPR posted actual figures and Musharraf had given an estimated range of casualties on our side.

On the other hand, India faced an acute shortage of coffins and had to import them from as far as the US!!! Not just that, the bodies of soldiers were transported in garbage trucks as the Indian Military could not cater the massive casualty figures that had to be transported.

Commissions are setup usually to probe failures, it was setup on the Indian side to do just that!

NS claimed 3k casualties on Pakistani side after he was deposed and held no official position, ISPR posted actual figures and Musharraf had given an estimated range of casualties on our side.

On the other hand, India faced an acute shortage of coffins and had to import them from as far as the US!!! Not just that, the bodies of soldiers were transported in garbage trucks as the Indian Military could not cater the massive casualty figures that had to be transported.

India release commission report, what makes PAK holding commission Report from Public which shows PAK Army in poor light and failure?

PAK Mush also claimed that PAK Soldiers was in Kargil , which found out false.

Same ISPR , said no SAAB plane destroyed in Militant attack, which was clear lie again. What makes you think ISPR and Mush will tell u exact figure?

So, you want us to believe MUSH and ISPR who known for lying Publicly? no one knows how many PAK soldiers was killed in real , because PAK dont gonna release commission report.

You got yourself owned by a bunch of irregulars + regulars and even after that failed to clear all peaks. You lost AC's and a chopper to those guys who had no air support. Your military doesn't want to disclose war casualties. Tells us about the worth of this "victory".

We lost a single AC and chopper to enemy manpads and I never knew that you require a air support to fire a manpad.

The official casuality figure is made public in parliament of India and unlike you , our figure doesnot change with every office.

They were only unsuccessful in bombing their objective ........:omghaha:

PN was deployed to the city of Dwarka to destroy the radar facility used by the Indian Air Force.The radar facility and naval facilities of Dwarka were shelled and bombarded, The radar installation was shelled during the bombardment but neither the radar was damaged nor were any casualties reported.

So you are also part of that delusional group .

The garbage truck incident took place in Moaist infected areas.

One more kashmir thread?????????? We guys are not tired of discussing kargil???????

Well answer is in front of you ---- Pakistan Army .

According to pakistanis , pakistan won the kargil war . But it took them 11 years to accept that their own soldiers participated in the war. And most funnier thing is the list of casualities changes with almost everyone.Military , former army chief , former military officials , former intelligence officilas , political leadership -- all have their own numbers.

It has been over 14 years yet you could still not understand the difference b/w army regulars and non regulars!! What else to expect.

Ofcourse , the review committee was setup to investigate the intelligence failure.

Soon after the war the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government set up an inquiry into its causes and to analyze perceived Indian intelligence failures. The high-powered committee was chaired by eminent strategic affairs analyst K. Subrahmanyam and given powers to interview anyone with current or past associations with Indian security, including former Prime Ministers. The committee's final report (also referred to as the 'Subrahmanyam Report') led to a large-scale restructuring of Indian Intelligence.

Does that ISPR figure include 200 pakistanis soldiers buried in India who were rejected by pakistan or they are excluded ??

On the other hand, India faced an acute shortage of coffins and had to import them from as far as the US!!!

BS

Not just that, the bodies of soldiers were transported in garbage trucks as the Indian Military could not cater the massive casualty figures that had to be transported.

More BS

It has been over 14 years yet you could still not understand the difference b/w army regulars and non regulars!! What else to expect.

Please educate us .

Does that ISPR figure include 200 pakistanis soldiers buried in India who were rejected by pakistan or they are excluded ??

Well, the drama of martyred soldiers being buried by Indian Military keeps changing with authors & the imaginary count variate deeply to suit the situation so I guess ISPR would not have been able to cater for that :)

However, even the official Indian Army figure of casualties on Pakistani side is roughly 1k!

LOL!!

LOLOL!!!!

Please educate us .

You could not be educated in 14 years, how can I even dream of doing so now?

Well, the drama of martyred soldiers being buried by Indian Military keeps changing with authors & the imaginary count variate deeply to suit the situation so I guess ISPR would not have been able to cater for that :)

Well Pakistan was not even able to give a single source for casulaities .So I will agree that ISPR would not have been able to cater for that :)

However, even the official Indian Army figure of casualties on Pakistani side is roughly 1k!

AFAIK , it is just 700.

You could not be educated in 14 years, how can I even dream of doing so now?

Well it has got to do with the fact that for the past 14 years pakistan was not able to stand with a single statement .
They change it every single time.

LOL!!

LOLOL!!!!

I find it amusing that apart from LOL and LOLOL you have no source to backup your worthless claims.

One more kashmir thread?????????? We guys are not tired of discussing kargil???????

Because hiding the truth is not easy. You have to lie again and again to conceal your crime, evil, wrongdoings or failures - and the most beautiful thing about lies is that some people never run out of them. Kargil was a military disaster for India and a military and political disaster for Pakistan. The mature Indian democracy saved Indian army from humiliation, whereas Musharraf Bonaparte brought the Pak army and country nothing but shame, humiliation and disaster.

Areesh your stay on this forum is quiet long...Not sure why you sometimes act like a stubborn kid!!

It isn't stubbornness. It is simply that I don't agree with lies Indians believe in.

How many times you need to be educated on this front??? Even if i take this as a fact even then Kargil was a victory for India....When a war is fought it is not fought on the basis of losses incurred...I know that you will very conveniently ignore some stated facts about mountain warfare however i can only tell you things that you don't know...How to tell things that you already know but ignoring them just for some false ego massage???

This whole victory thing is disputed. There are still peaks that are said to be in the control of PA. There were news of advancements in Turtuk sector by PA. The IA thinks that by disclosing war casualties would demoralize its troops. All this obscurity makes these victory claims too shady.

Let me say it once again...The number of casualties is already in Public Domain..There is nothing more to share there

If they are already made public and if they are indeed true. Why not answer all the questions surrounding these casualties to end this topic for good. Why answering further on this topic would demoralize the Indian troops. Or the world should satisfied with the face value that IA gave back in 1999 and accept India's victory claim.

They achieved none of their mission objectives...If the mission objective was to kill a cow then sure!!

True. The mission didn't inflict huge damage to India. But still you can't deny that IN was clueless and didn't respond to this provocation.

The fact is not an inch has been captured since IA reached Kashmir

And that is a big lie my friend. You guys don't even realize that while you were about to celebrate your first independence day back in august 1948, you actually lost the winter capital of Ladakh province to Pakistan. And that happened months after IA entered Kashmir. Yeah IA troops fought bravely. No doubt about that. But still you lost the territory. Pakistanis actually won a major town of Ladakh ontheir first independence day.

And I am not even talking about what happened in Mirpur, Kotli etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom