What's new

Disclosing Kargil casualties would affect morale of troops: CIC

EzioAltaïr;4126580 said:
Northern Light Infantry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It had 14 battalions. Now I don't know the average battalion size in Pakistan, but it's somewhere between 300 and 1200. So that amounts to 4,200-16,800 soldiers.

From the bolded parts, at least 7 took part in the battle, roughly half the force, or between 2,100 and 8,400 soldiers. So how is it not possible to have a casualty figure somewhere between the two numbers?

well You don't listen I suppose..:what:
well NLI was there with mujahiding just for support and professionalism and for machine guns and Anza etc in very limited no.
and all the suits imported for intense climate from 1996-1999 are less than 2000....
and other troops were planned after the success of plan A.
but plan A stucked so no more supply and man power....
soo how can you even say that the casualties were even 1100??
around 1500 troops were there in that operation in 1st part and many get back so for worst casualties can be max 850...:yu:
and bro for your onfo NLI was not part of army it was a paramiltary force around 1999..
and you are quoting Wiki as source?? really??:haha:

Inside Pakistan these are just discussion based on PML(N) and Nawaz sharif Shi*...
now a political part will tell us about casualties in Kargil..:omghaha:
well PML(N) is doing so to use this against Musharraf who thrown PML(N) after Kargil....:yu:

Funny considering the fact the same nawaz sherif was the prime minister of pakistan during kargil war .

Even if political parties are trying to settle scores , how come the account of PA and musharaf are different .

I mean musharaff was the army chief during that period and later became the president through coup.

So , if according to Indians , the list was disclosed , why is there a need to disclose it again or it just wasn't complete ?

The logic is simple.

Army gave the list on its own. However, if army had not released the list, same could not have been obtained under Right to Information Act.

the most pathetic part of kargil was indians trying to profit from the coffins scam

very shameful to say the least

More pathetic part was Pakistnanies not accepting the bodies of their dead soldiers.

Funny considering the fact the same nawaz sherif was the prime minister of pakistan during kargil war .

Even if political parties are trying to settle scores , how come the account of PA and musharaf are different .

I mean musharaff was the army chief during that period and later became the president through coup.

PA casualties are around 600+ don't know what Mush claim...
well Nawas claims that he didnot knew about this whole operation and Mush did it on his own so he is responsible while Mush claims that Nawaz called the Army bach whick result in much more casualties and a won battle can't bear fruits which were expected...
Well I too believe that if Army was called back after some planned stretigy then no. of casualties were a bit less.....

I had started a thread on Kargil war & all the facts were written it.

It is true India had suffered heavily & they had only one choice left to get out of this war' it was to go on full scale war with Pakistan.

"Kargil war was a Military success turned into a political defeat" - Gen. Musharraf.

Nawaz Sharif should had been hanged for betraying Pakistan & even today he is direct threat to Pakistan.

PA casualties are around 600+ don't know what Mush claim...

According to whom ??
And does that include or exclude the 200 pakistani soldiers / mujahids buried in India.

well Nawas claims that he didnot knew about this whole operation and Mush did it on his own so he is responsible while Mush claims that Nawaz called the Army bach whick result in much more casualties and a won battle can't bear fruits which were expected...

These are Musharaf's claims ....... The guy is known to withdraw his own statements within the drop of a hat .

The score of them and their former military chief cum president don't think so.

And I am talking about the state, not the individuals. Like state of India celebrates a day on something demoralizes there forces.

I am sure , they also think so about 71.

That's what you think buddy. Nice troll attempt by the way.

No country does so when the objective was to capture enemy territory while all you could accomplish was capturing no man's land .......

Wish you could have said the same for Siachen. ;)

well indian army always claim that they public everthing. so if we believe this report, it falsified indian army's claims...

These bed time stories are a conspiracy by ISI to fool you Indians if you already aren't. ;)

"Disclosing Kargil casualties would affect morale of troops: CIC" These are also bedtime stories & a conspiracy by RAW to fool Pakistanis if you already aren't :D

the most pathetic part of kargil was indians trying to profit from the coffins scam

Not pathetic enough like disowning your own soldier's dead bodies...

And I am talking about the state, not the individuals. Like state of India celebrates a day on something demoralizes there forces.

India celebrates kargil vijay diwas with full glory .There is nothing demoralizing in it .

That's what you think buddy. Nice troll attempt by the way.

Thank you ...... :D

Wish you could have said the same for Siachen. ;)

Ofcourse it was a no mans land when we captured it while the adversaries had a plan for making it their land . We just beat them to it ......:azn:

I had started a thread on Kargil war & all the facts were written it.

It is true India had suffered heavily & they had only one choice left to get out of this war' it was to go on full scale war with Pakistan.

"Kargil war was a Military success turned into a political defeat" - Gen. Musharraf.

Nawaz Sharif should had been hanged for betraying Pakistan & even today he is direct threat to Pakistan.

I am not sure what sources you have used to gather these so called facts however the bold part is nothing but wrong....At no point in time a full blown war was being contemplated....Had the operation gone out of control then you would have seen IA crossing the LOC and capturing some part in P-O-K as a bargain chip instead of doing anything on the IB.

@members - I am not sure why it is very hard to digest what happened in Kargil....It was just a battle and loss in battle does not mean loss of dignity or anything like that....If India lost the Kargil war(as claimed by some esteemed friends...) than i am really happy bcoz that loss brought lot of good to us...However keep in mind...India chose the most difficult way of taking on the enemy in Kargil

- No Crossing of LOC
- Taking the enemy head on when they were sitting in comforts of well entrenched heights
- Limited intelligence in early part of the conflict...

With all those limitations IA did extremely good and made us all proud....

well indian army always claim that they public everthing. so if we believe this report, it falsified indian army's claims...
It shows you have clicked the reply button without having an iota of knowledge in this domain....The issue is simple - Whatever news IA wants to make public it will on its own....however no one can seek information from IA under the pretext of RTI...if this is allowed tomorrow some Tom, Dick and Harry will get up and put an RTI on the location as well as number of nukes in place....

Last edited by a moderator:
India celebrates kargil vijay diwas with full glory .There is nothing demoralizing in it .

At least you admit an idiocy in celebrated on a state level in your country. My point proven.

Thank you ......

But you failed. :D

Ofcourse it was a no mans land when we captured it while the adversaries had a plan for making it their land . We just beat them to it ......

Good that you admit it. Or else many delusional and stupid countrymen of yours believe that they are going to capture KKH from Siachen. :rofl:

"Disclosing Kargil casualties would affect morale of troops: CIC" These are also bedtime stories & a conspiracy by RAW to fool Pakistanis if you already aren't :D

They can share with you guys if not us.

Or they are fooling you guys too. :D

At least you admit an idiocy in celebrated on a state level in your country. My point proven.

None of your points is proven .Our mission objectives in kargil were achieved . So we have every right to celebrate kargil victory .
If it was pakistan that was celebrating the victory (some of your men are) , then I would have agreed with you that it was a idiocy.

If you want a good example of idiocy being celebrated , you can look up for Pakistan Navy Day .

Good that you admit it.

There is nothing to admit .Everybody knows it.

Or else many delusional and stupid countrymen of yours believe that they are going to capture KKH from Siachen. :rofl:

Just like many delusional and stupid countrymen of yours who believe that they are going to capture kashmir from India. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom