What's new

Disaster in Karachi due to monsoon rains

Karachi Administrator comes up with bizarre justification - thenews.com.pk

KARACHI: Although, the incumbent Pakistan People’s Party government was at the helm of affairs over the last five years, Karachi Administrator Saqib Soomro came up with a bizarre logic to justify authorities’ failure saying that Karachi would also remain waterlogged for four days after rains during the stint of previous government.

Talking to media on Sunday morning, he said that staff of the city government was busy in rescue work in the city and their top priority was to shift the affected people to safe places.

Soomro said that he was also accompanying his workers since he took charge of his office.

Karachi Administrator comes up with bizarre justification - thenews.com.pk

KARACHI: Although, the incumbent Pakistan People’s Party government was at the helm of affairs over the last five years, Karachi Administrator Saqib Soomro came up with a bizarre logic to justify authorities’ failure saying that Karachi would also remain waterlogged for four days after rains during the stint of previous government.

Talking to media on Sunday morning, he said that staff of the city government was busy in rescue work in the city and their top priority was to shift the affected people to safe places.

Soomro said that he was also accompanying his workers since he took charge of his office.

Mr Soomro most likely a big crook , why hasent media harrased them yet .. bring them to the spot light let the world what geniuses we have managing our local bodies system

hamare town me 5 saal pehle karwae gae kaam ka faida abhi tak horaha he thanks to Mustafa kamal , pure road pe kahin bhi pani nahi tehra !!

hamare town me 5 saal pehle karwae gae kaam ka faida abhi tak horaha he thanks to Mustafa kamal , pure road pe kahin bhi pani nahi tehra !!

jahan new roads bane hain mustafa kamal ke daur me wahan drainage system properly bnaya gya he, ager pichle 5 saalon me kaam hota to karachi me aik proper drainage system har jaga hota

to score brownie points by criticising MQM, the truth is, the local government during mustafa kamal did a lot of work during these types of situations and it was already ready in advance to face these kinds of situations, where is administrator of karachi to solve these issues by going to the public etc?

also has any karachiite seen water running into their homes like a flood, it never ever happened in karachi before like this, speaks volumes about the administrative negligence

lets not jump like MQM is scoring brownie points, you can see entire karachiite people even those who hate MQM praising mustafa kamal

do you understand the meaning of under pass?? that underpass was newly constructed and the drainage system failed, it never happened again

are you feeling hungry or sleepy?

because CLEARLY 2008,2009 & 2010 floods can never be forgotten by karachities! where 100s died.

& if Local government system like you claim did "ALOT" then they should have built good drains & YESTERDAY'S FLOODING WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!

so clearly LOCAL GOVERNMENT did not make sufficient drains

äÊíÌÉ ÈÍË Google Úä ÇáÕæÑ Íæá http://karachimetrological.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/karachi-floods-2009.jpg

Google Image Result for http://archives.dawn.com/dawnat/wp-content/uploads/2010/Website%20Metropolitan/974flood+copy.jpg

so please don't deny obvious mistakes of ALL GOVERNMENTS PAST & PRESENT! IN TACKILING THIS ISSUE ONCE & FOR ALL!

jahan new roads bane hain mustafa kamal ke daur me wahan drainage system properly bnaya gya he, ager pichle 5 saalon me kaam hota to karachi me aik proper drainage system har jaga hota

bilkoul mantaa houn lekin koi link hoga iss baat kaa any proof of such claim? in last post when I put a picture of under pass you said oh that was an underpass that is why a problem.

is share-faisal signal free corridor clear? which area is clear of flood?

tell me WITH PROOF please. otherwise don't make claims that you can't back up

bilkoul mantaa houn lekin koi link hoga iss baat kaa any proof of such claim? in last post when I put a picture of under pass you said oh that was an underpass that is why a problem.

is share-faisal signal free corridor clear? which area is clear of flood?

tell me WITH PROOF please. otherwise don't make claims that you can't back up

KDA north nazimabad before the road was newly made, 2007

1071245252_996eae6807.jpg

North%20Nazimabad%20heavy%20rain.jpg

after the road was made

130422-09.jpg

4912501720_ebdd2cd2fb_z.jpg

KDA north nazimabad before the road was newly made, 2007

1071245252_996eae6807.jpg

North%20Nazimabad%20heavy%20rain.jpg

after the road was made

130422-09.jpg

4912501720_ebdd2cd2fb_z.jpg

thank you for the pictures. however, none of these pictures tell you year or which time of rain they were taken? maybe just when rain started. or year.

However, I will share a link on shair-e-faisal please read it

Dunya News: Pakistan:-Flood water enters airport, Shahrah-e-Faisal subme...

also check this link of 2010 bearish and NORTH NAZIMABAD flood

Flood Relief Efforts Sami flood in North Nazimabad

& for your knowledge if you remember DHA floods of 2010? when total DHA was drowning and Mustafa Kamal said give me DHA also I will fix it and they didn't listen. However, today DHA has worked so well and they have minimum or NO FLOODING.

however areas that have been under KDA authority are still flooded.

I AM NOT BLAMING MUSTAFA KAMAL ALONE! I AM BLAMING ALL PAST & CURRENT governments for not fixing the problem once and for all.

not a single year since 2007 have we seen no flooding. the year we see that then we can say if KDA or DHA or any one of them is better.

do you understand the meaning of under pass?? that underpass was newly constructed and the drainage system failed, it never happened again

Ye jahil aadmi hai issko kiya samjha rahay ho ... Ye dekho .........

In order to meet disaster or emergency, he established City Ambulance & Rescue Emergency Services (CARES) with emergency call 1122 comprising on 20 ambulances at the first phase, fitted and equipped with latest technology. With all these accomplishments he kept a good balance of promoting his city.

Syed Mustafa Kamal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Has SG disposed off all those things which MK managed in case of any disaster or mishap ... Keeping in view SG deosn't have money to pay salaries to staff of city administration right now .............

Bilkul sahi ... I am living in Gulistan-e-Jauhar ... I have visited to all area yesterday during rain ... I couldn't see anywhere drainage problem ...........

@darkinsky tujhay bhi apnay dimagh ka dahi karwanay ka bohat shouk hai ... Mai tau @ice_man se har manta hon or aagay barh jata hon ... Abay ye koi aadmi hai jis se baat ki jaye ... Tu bhi pagal hi hai ....

Last edited by a moderator:
i am against altaf hussain but no doubt mqm worked alot for karachi and still working,people outside karachi can't understand the situation of here

Back
Top Bottom