What's new

Disappointed Pakistanis

Disappointment for some.. jubilation for others! Pakistani politicians elected by Pakistanis. Looks like there are more jubilant souls than disappointed ones in Pakistan!

I supported IK and he even won in our area but i was not his blind emotional supporter. I knew that even if IK win the election it would not be easy to change the current situation of Pakistan in few years. He knew people of Pakistan are disappointed and he gave them hopes/dreams/promises of better future but i knew he has not got any Alladin lamb to sleep one day and wake up next day with naya pakistan with naya people where there is no poverty, no injustice, no terrorism, no loans of IMF and everyone happy and sing love songs.

Reality is PML N won with clear majority irrespective of whether we like or dislike it and we cannot do anything about it but to accept the choice of people

Reality is message of PTI could not reach or impress the people of Punjab , sindh, karachi no matter if you call all of their voters as illiterate , jahil, taxi drivers etc

Reality is PTI was popular on internet/social media but they were unaware of ground realities. They were living in their dreamland and they still are

Reality(which i realized just now after election) is PTI and their most supporters are just emotional and immature and democracy demand maturity which IK and his party/supporters will get with time

i dont agree 100% with you.....
its too early to tell how NS will behave....he has learned his lessons the hard way....i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
any way as i posted somewhere else, PTI has changed the political scene in pakistan....it used to be PPP-PMLN back and forth. now its going to be PMLN - PTI for the future and the PTI will gain ground if it performs in the KPK. if it dosnt then back to square-1. PPP is finished.....CRUSHED in Punjab and KPK.....Zardari will flee the country, the bhutto kids dont have what it takes to play pakistani politics....they love the comfort of Dubai and London.....PPP is history....its lost ground in Sindh too and will lose further.

if NS missteps the media and judiciary will pounce on him like anything.....the same goes for PTI and the others.

so lets wait and see what happens Jammer..!
With the statement he gave to INDIAN MEDIA few weeks back abt Gen Kayani n stuff.

Do u seriously believe he has learnt his lesson of not trying to divide armed forces??

i dont agree 100% with you.....
its too early to tell how NS will behave....he has learned his lessons the hard way....i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
any way as i posted somewhere else, PTI has changed the political scene in pakistan....it used to be PPP-PMLN back and forth. now its going to be PMLN - PTI for the future and the PTI will gain ground if it performs in the KPK. if it dosnt then back to square-1. PPP is finished.....CRUSHED in Punjab and KPK.....Zardari will flee the country, the bhutto kids dont have what it takes to play pakistani politics....they love the comfort of Dubai and London.....PPP is history....its lost ground in Sindh too and will lose further.

if NS missteps the media and judiciary will pounce on him like anything.....the same goes for PTI and the others.

so lets wait and see what happens Jammer..!
With the statement he gave to INDIAN MEDIA few weeks back abt Gen Kayani n stuff.

Do u seriously believe he has learnt his lesson of not trying to divide armed forces like in 99 ??

Who will win: Nawaz Sharif, no matter how charismatic or popular with the young Pakistan is like an oil tanker it takes a long time from when you change the rudder before the ship starts turning.
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...-pakistan-elections-2013-a.html#ixzz2T74izApg

Many will cheer many will wail but Congratulations on the democratic change from one goverment to the next. Politicians might learn that in Pakistan you stuff up its no longer the Army that throws you out its the people.

Woke up this morning thinking it was just a bad dream.
Couldn't imagine that people of Pakistan have selected PML(N) or rather Nawas Sharif as the countries next PM. Admittedly unlike some on this forum, I'm not too emotional about the political set up in Pakistan, but in all earnest in the wildest imagination, i never expected NS to return to the power seat neither did i envisaged that Pakistani public, after repeatedly being let down by this party, have such short memory. How can one forget how this man managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the Kargil conflict, how he was playing musical chairs with the army high command, the attack on supreme court, the scandalous misadventures of his side kick the diabolical Saif brothers, his Ilford plaza and other properties in London not to mention other scams in UK and above all the freezing of foreign currency accounts.
Indeed people were fed up with PPP and were desperate for a change hence one would understand even if God forbid, some Islamic party was voted into power, but choosing damaged goods over some fresh change like Imran Khan is just beyond belief. Having said that, credit should be given where it's due and I'm all for Shabaz Sharif as he's time and again proved himself to be a good administrator but Nawas Sharif once again representing and leading Pakistan......the stuff what nightmares are made of. God help Pakistan.

Elmo edit: Have edited the thread title to, "The disappointed Pakistanis thread!" Let's air our grievances here

denial and illusions as always, you really had to throw in the bit about the "victory in Kargil", how about you focus on Pakistan for a change rather than your delusions.

With the rest of the 3 provinces from the opposition parties this will require real skill on NS's part to make things work. Since the early 80's he is not used to 'sharing' power with others. Did you guys know that when he was the Chief Minister of Punjab after the 1988 elections he would refuse to meet or even send dignitaries to receive the then PM Benazir Bhutto at the Lahore airport? The protocols required something like. Did you know that he made the lives of PPP MNAs and minister difficult by harassing them through the Pindi police and they had to take helicopters to get to Islamabad sometimes?

What IF PPP/MQM and PTI refuse to grant the PM Nawaz Sharif the protocols? What if the provincial assemblies pass 'resolutions' against Islamabad's federal govt. How long will Nawaz tolerate that? These are some REAL possibilities and could even lead for the army to engineer/take advantage of the crises and kick NS out yet again.

I am sure Nawaz Sharif is a better choice than Imran Khan who oozed of naivete and dishonesty. Pakistanis have voted well. Good luck!

15 minute lagtay hain vote cast honay main. 1 lakh, sattar hazaar vote kitni derr main cast hua hoga?

1 lakh sattar hazaar vote count kitni derr main hua hoga?

MQM zindabad!

Bass Eid with KPK!

Ohh man!! you are giving here logic of Mubashir lucman. He is one of the most illogical man.

Let me show why ?

1. There are dozens of POLLING booth in one constituency.

2. There are many QUEUE in a single polling booth.

3. It hardly takes 2-3 min to cast a vote.My personal experience is of hardly 1 min including of voter ID checking.

4. For eg. In Mianwali,Imran khan got 1 lakh vote and Ubaidullah Shadi Khel received 53,000 votes as a runner up. How come more than 1.5 lakh votes polled and counted ? if one vote takes 15 min to cast.

Utter Non-sense allegations!!

Pakistani people have elected the very same person as their next Prime Minister (for the third time) who was toppled by the Pakistani military in 1999.

A mighty revenge against the five military-rules that Pakistan suffered and endured in it's history.

today i went to local Bazaar and everyone from a beggar to a shopkeeper was disappointed...i dont know how they win..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom