What's new

Diplomat's wife smuggled Jews out of Pakistan

what is the % of jew in pakistani population pre 71 and current???
any ideas!!!

what is the % of jew in pakistani population pre 71 and current???
any ideas!!!

They are a microscopic minority. They are still around and declare their faith openly, there is a Markaz-e-Daudia in Blue area Islamabad where jews can get Kosher food, Hebrew tapestries and other Jewish stuff.
They go in and out without any fear.
Neither has it been burnt down, nor ha it been attacked. Guess Jews in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan aren't so threatened after all.

There are still jews who reside in Pakistan.

Federal Baboos include 10 Jews

By Ansar Abbasi

ISLAMABAD: Whether you believe it or not, the federal government civil servants include ten declared Jews.

Generally it is considered that Pakistan, which contains minorities following diverse religious beliefs, does not have Jew population but the 12th census of civil servants proves it, otherwise.

There is no assessment of exact population of Jews in Pakistan but the federal civil servants' census report confirmed that 10 of the total federal civil servants are declared Jews. Without showing their names, as it seems suitable to ensure their safety and security, the report says that the ten Jews include one officer in BPS 18; one in BPS 17; four in BPS 16; one in BPS 14 and three in BPS 13. There is, however, no Jew serving in senior grades of BPS 19 to 22.

In 2007, an old jewish women asked for the government to provide her land for a synagogue. Their synagogue in Karachi (picture attached in OP) was demolished by Zia ul Haq.

The government agreed to provide her some land and a synagogue was made. There were pictures of a synagogue under construction in Sialkot too but the pictures are not appearing anymore.

Here is the link anyway.

Jewish heritage outside Israel - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

Islam if you study has recocnized all Prophets starting from Adam. That also includes Jesus, Moses, Abhraham, Noah, and Mohammed. Further marriage between a Muslim man and Ahle-Kitab woman is allowed. Hence there is no reason for Muslims or Islam to be at communal war with Jews or Christians execpt for the likes of TTP, Terry Jones, Ariel Sharon, BiBi and the likes. These extremist dont even have approval in their own community.

Pakistan is acting against TTP, Talibans, Al Quaidia, extremist madrasas and so forth.

And then we have a classic piece here.

Israel spy chief fears Jewish extremist plot

Most of the communal hatred was infested by dubious leaders for political gains. In the days of axis it was used as encouragement for people fight against invading europeans, then communist allied arab world used it as a token to resist american influence and more recently religious sentiments were used to fight away communist forces at the gate of central asia, to garner anti-India support and as an excuse to install millitancy in IOK.

Ohh an a little kept secret Pakistani jews can visit Israel for holy occasion or pilgrimage through Jordan under special amenesty offered by Israel to citizen of non-recognised state.

How interesting - "Smuggled" out of Pakistan - Why? Passport and Airline tickets were unavailable?

Love the whole "escape from..." quality of the narrative -- the story begins with the wife of a diplomat using a Pakistani police chief, who provides her the info she needs -- Any evidence that such information would not have been provided to the diplomat himself -- yeah, but that whole Jewish Woman hero against spineless Muslims and ... YAWN.

I know Pakistanis Jews and Christians who left Pakistan because it failed them, it was no longer the Pakistan Jinnah promised - but they left like anybody else, no "smuggled" narrative.

There was no Anti Semitism in Pakistan & Jews didn't left because of that.

“When my father got married in 1957 in Karachi, there were 600 Jewish families living in Karachi. There were 10 – 13 families left by 1972. Actually in 1970 the Jews of Pakistan were offered to leave to America and that’s the main reason that time many of the community left”

Emanuel Matat

Plenty of jews have left the US-russia-europe and moved to isreal........so the same blame you put on the pakistanis must be put on these nations also.

I know Pakistanis Jews and Christians who left Pakistan because it failed them, it was no longer the Pakistan Jinnah promised - but they left like anybody else, no "smuggled" narrative.

There used to be a Persian jew family in our neighbourhood we shared a water well with them. We as kids branded them Shia for the hell of annoying them but those were days when Pakistan ummah propoganda was at peak. None the less ties remained always warm and family like. Their family head passed away due to heart attack and whole family migrated to USA. I wonder who helped them to "smuggle" out and which car was used to accomodate such a big family in the trunk. None in my mind so far??

They still have the house for vacation visits, its constructed like those old Parsi houses in Karachi Saddar and have a David star plaque at the top of roof as well six pointed stars design theme used on main gate.

WHen ever i visit my old Mohallah in Pakistan I will shoot some pics to post them here.

There used to be some occassion annualy when they sent a tray full of tiny clay saucers with kheer like sweet dish poured in them. We used to fight over for more because it was never enough. And invading their home next day for left ours was top priority in every child list.

Many minorities who were incidently well educated too fled Pakistan during the Bhutto quota system era and afterwards Zia's sharia enforcement era. Because Pakistan failed to provide equal oppurtunity to them and Pakistan as a whole failed the vision of Jinnah in the hands of its brainless rulers.

It is surprising that I as an adult until now never figured them out to be Jewish and this memory struck my mind like a flash after reading this thread.

Last edited:
Refer to the Comments published about me on Point of no return blog, It was false as I am being an Israeli. Alhamdulilah, I am a Muslim Pakistani and I have been actively opposing Israeli and Zionism in all my published works, discussions and speeches.

Like majority of Pakistanis, I have no problem with Jews, rather I have affection with them comparative to other Religions including Hinduism, Budhism etc but for Zionism (Political form of Judaism), I have strong & harsh feeling, that can be seen in my writings on my blog.

I am working on the existance of Jews in Pakistan since 1947 to date as fellow Pakistanis not for Zionism backed Israeli Jews. Pakistani Jews are and have been part of my beloved country and my country fellows have always been very kind, sympathetic and friendly to them. Aimed the propaganda about Pakistan & Pakistanis being violent towards the Jews, I started my research to find out the facts about the treatment of Pakistanis to the Jews in Pakistan and the activities of Jews in Pakistan.

I have published first article of my research on my blog with the title of "Pakistani Jews – They didn’t Migrated because of Antisemitism".

Regards,

Syed Haroon Haider Gilani

Refer to the Comments published about me on Point of no return blog, It was false as I am being an Israeli. Alhamdulilah, I am a Muslim Pakistani and I have been actively opposing Israeli and Zionism in all my published works, discussions and speeches.

Like majority of Pakistanis, I have no problem with Jews, rather I have affection with them comparative to other Religions including Hinduism, Budhism etc but for Zionism (Political form of Judaism), I have strong & harsh feeling, that can be seen in my writings on my blog.

I am working on the existance of Jews in Pakistan since 1947 to date as fellow Pakistanis not for Zionism backed Israeli Jews. Pakistani Jews are and have been part of my beloved country and my country fellows have always been very kind, sympathetic and friendly to them. Aimed the propaganda about Pakistan & Pakistanis being violent towards the Jews, I started my research to find out the facts about the treatment of Pakistanis to the Jews in Pakistan and the activities of Jews in Pakistan.

I have published first article of my research on my blog with the title of "Pakistani Jews – They didn’t Migrated because of Antisemitism".

Regards,

Syed Haroon Haider Gilani
Thank you for the clarification, sir.We can now officially add BS tag to this thread.

What a propaganda... I dont know why jews wants themselves to be always considered as victims.
Bright Light... Hitler is gone, half a century has passed.... Let it go... wake up!!
Stop this holocaust BS

They are a microscopic minority. They are still around and declare their faith openly, there is a Markaz-e-Daudia in Blue area Islamabad where jews can get Kosher food, Hebrew tapestries and other Jewish stuff.
They go in and out without any fear.
Neither has it been burnt down, nor ha it been attacked. Guess Jews in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan aren't so threatened after all.

Dear Sir,
I apologize if my question made you feel like i was accusing pakistan.
this is the first time i have heard that jews live in pakistan as well so wanted to know there % population. and since the article talked about jews leaving pak so i also asked there previous % just to understand the trend better way.
rgds

Back
Top Bottom