What's new

Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan

I don't think sanctions are in place yet. The answers to your question is probably the reason as to why Pakistan already uses American helicopters and continues to do so

Its a risk nevertheless and the US in the past has embargoed and used the F-16s and AH-1s for leverage over Pakistan.

Given the trajectory on which Pakistani geostrategic alignment is, is the superior capability of T-129 compared to the Chinese WZ-10 (if there is any at all) really worth the risk?

It is premature to think that the deal to explore possibility of joint defence production will help in the acquisition of engines for the T129. Besides, Turkey and US will get past this spat in the coming few months and we will get the delivery of these choppers inshallah.

As for your view on Z-10, you are wrong on its its strengths unfortunately. Its neither fast nor maneuverable as both these variables are tied to an underpowered engine. As for stable, when the requirement is to be able to hover, which helicopter isn't? Don't see that as a "strength" to be espoused. Given that PA has already inducted a handful of Mi-35s, those are logically the only other helicopter that should be pursued. Z-10 will never see a day in active service in PA on its merits, unless there are massive kickbacks and corruption involved.

For the Thunderbolts, if you are referring to A-10s, then I am afraid you are living in some fairyland. And this is not just for the fact that US will never sell any to Pakistan, but the fact that you want PAF to be the sole operator of an American aircraft and that too of a non-multirole plane that has no room on a modern battlefield unless the side operating it has absolute air dominance (read not PAF vs IAF in any scenario).
what the hell Z 10 to do with kickback and corruption l........ when you lean comfortably agaist your sofa in Califonia, PA soldiers have to fight with a heli without engine and key components. all lip service without pragmatic thinking l. i call it naive.

fancy boy. the deal need to be reconsiderated asap.

as i.had said, diversification for the reason of diversification itself is.not right. sanction pro is devastating.
i sugget PAK turn to MI 28.

Deal will likely go through, TAI can field a work around. One possible outcome could be T-129s are destined for Pakistan use, so can probably be delivered direct to Pakistan and fitted here.

PA will probably diversify with Chinese WZ-10s and could expedite a order in the worst case scenario deliveries delayed till Turkey develops a engine alternative. The Chinese are willing to supply WZ-10s, but with T-129s delayed they could be given priority.

WZ-10 in its current state is more suited for anti armor role. PA chose the T-129 because it had better performance at high altitudes so suited its need better for anti terrorist war in tribal and mountainous region.

Both helicopters are specialized for different roles and both are good options in their own respect.

the worst senario is that china, Russia, pakistan, Turkey can work together to design a turbo shaft for T 129 Pakistan inducts. i dont think it taks alot of time.

we had similiar experience when USA ask Canada stop providing pt6c engine to Z 10. very lucky we have domestic one developed to replace PT6C. although its little bit under powered, but we can inducts thousand Z 10 as we want.

never let your enemy grasp your balls, thats the lesson.

The chopper is good and highly potent. Pakistan should ensure that the deal is done.

and those lobby group hired by Indians in USA, you never under estimate them.

The chopper is good and highly potent. Pakistan should ensure that the deal is done.
i.think they should have done the opposite as you suggest them doing so.

the worst senario is that china, Russia, pakistan, Turkey can work together to design a turbo shaft for T 129 Pakistan inducts. i dont think it taks alot of time.

how can it be a worst option lol ? for the long term goal, it will be an ideal solution for every mentioned country

still remember how French refuse to deliver Russians at the behest of yankees two Mistral calss LHD when Russian had paid full upfront.
Correct but now Turkey and US relations are bad so we will have to see how it turns out to be.

how can it be a worst option lol ? for the long term goal, it will be an ideal solution for every mentioned country
turbo shaft type "16" of 1750HP will fly later this year, a good news for Z 10.

Correct but now Turkey and US relations are bad so we will have to see how it turns out to be.
my way or the high way. either erdogan quit or USA impose arms embargo sooner or later. thats how American doing things. dont forget Trump is a Jewish puppet.

turbo shaft type "16" of 1750HP will fly later this year, a good news for Z 10.

Still it will remain highly under power and its power to weight ratio shall be much lower than Turkey chopper and will remain unfit for high altitude operations if Pakistan has a plant to use it in Himalaya.

Back
Top Bottom