DIO starts the delivery of Sayyad-3C Air Defense missiles

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
logo.png

Pictures and videos coming soon ...

http://mod.gov.ir/news/افتتاح-خط-تو...يي-برد-بلند-صياد-3گزارش-تصویری-تا-لحظاتی-دیگر

Last edited:
So how could Iran develop a 120km SAM (Sayyad-3) from a roughly 32km SAM (SM-1)?

~300% performance increase for roughly the same dimensions doesn't sound very credible.
I try to I explain how I think it is possible:

Sayyad-2 with 50km range compared to 32km RIM-66A: improved booster, probably slightly increased booster dimensions, lighter and improved P-nav due to IMU and autopilot.

Sayyad-2C with 70km compared to 50km Sayyad-2: good INS which enables energy optimized trajectory but with decreased PK/P-hit due to lower kinematic reserves at that range. Depending on targets a highly maneuverable fighter might be engaged at lower range.

Sayyad-3 with 120km compared to 70km Sayyad-2C: Low drag design, probably with slightly improved booster, lighter, might use a more complex almost ballistic trajectory in which it becomes unguided in the exo-atmospheric phase. This performance is also achieved by the lastest American SM-2 variants (non-booster assisted), hence this can be taken as message that Iran is now on pair with them in this field.
If it uses a almost ballistic trajectory to achieve this range, then the PK/P-hit could be better than the Sayyad-2C and on pair with the Sayyad-2. This is because of the high speeds it regains from the terminal steep dive.

More details to come.

And to think that Iran also has another advanced air defense system in the works that being bavar-373. So logic dictates that Iran will have one of the world's most dense multilayered air defenses around.

Bravo gentlemen, this is indeed another slap in the face to the naysayers.

Trolls will be inbound soon....

So how could Iran develop a 120km SAM (Sayyad-3) from a roughly 32km SAM (SM-1)?

~300% performance increase for roughly the same dimensions doesn't sound very credible.
I try to I explain how I think it is possible:

Sayyad-2 with 50km range compared to 32km RIM-66A: improved booster, probably slightly increased booster dimensions, lighter and improved P-nav due to IMU and autopilot.

Sayyad-2C with 70km compared to 50km Sayyad-2: good INS which enables energy optimized trajectory but with decreased PK/P-hit due to lower kinematic reserves at that range. Depending on targets a highly maneuverable fighter might be engaged at lower range.

Sayyad-3 with 120km compared to 70km Sayyad-2C: Low drag design, probably with slightly improved booster, lighter, might use a more complex almost ballistic trajectory in which it becomes unguided in the exo-atmospheric phase. This performance is also achieved by the lastest American SM-2 variants (non-booster assisted), hence this can be taken as message that Iran is now on pair with them in this field.
If it uses a almost ballistic trajectory to achieve this range, then the PK/P-hit could be better than the Sayyad-2C and on pair with the Sayyad-2. This is because of the high speeds it regains from the terminal steep dive.

More details to come.

How long do you think it will take for the world the finally acknowledge Irans missile production/technology prowess and where does Iran currently stand in missile tech and how long will it take for Iran to be in the top 3 in the world in your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom