What's new

Difference between India and North Korea, seeing from train from their capitals, is enourmous.

India has very serious hygiene crisis, the people's behaviors or habit cause the problem not the government or political reason. You should get used to peeing in washroom, you should everyday take shower at home, the government can't help you.

My goal is to start an edtech company in india to improve the quality of education. That’s the only true solution to all the ills.

That's really nice. I don't know what current edtech companies offer but I will suggest you to include social sciences if you want change of attitude in the people.

That's really nice. I don't know what current edtech companies offer but I will suggest you to include social sciences if you want change of attitude in the people.
Yeah well, there is a lot of evidence around the overall social impact that education has on an ecosystem. Hence it’s a cause close to the heart

Yeah well, there is a lot of evidence around the overall social impact that education has on an ecosystem. Hence it’s a cause close to the heart

But there's a complication. It was mostly the "educated" middle class that voted Modi into power twice. It is the "educated" middle class in India that forms majority of the Tablighi Jamaat.

I don't even know why you want to reply in this thread. lol! Just read, laugh and move on :pop:

Why? Is it fake? India slums are famous all over the world, and this is only very small part of it.

If you people and government do not seriously address this issue, there will still be slums in mass scale (or even larger than now) in next 2 - 300 years. Do not expect that the slums can automatically be eradicated when India get richer. Whether India can be rich enough is one question.

The point is that, even if India become relatively rich but the government still neglect this issue, the slums would still be there. Look at Brazil. They was once among the world's richest countries for hundred of years, but now their slums are still and perhaps developing larger, not reduced (probably that is one of the main reasons Brazil will forever be a "potential country", but the potential may never be realized)

The slum issue are real in various countries in southern parts of Asia, including Vietnam (only in the south), Phillipines, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. I would be happy if people post the slum images in Vietnam, not the shiny skyscrapers, so that people can recognize that there is still a lot of problems and the picture is not so rosy.

The slums existence,means the society are sick and the gap between rich and poor are wide. Countries must eradicate it succesfully before going to a higher level.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons for various countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, is that the existence of slums in very large scale (most countries in the world, including Western Europe and North America may have slum as well, but in much smaller scale. Even in the center of Seoul now, one can observe some squalor dwelling ares next to shiny skyscrapers (but in small scale and they look to be relatively clean and orderly.).

Such large scale slums can be the explanation to the easy collapse of these countries' economy after a period of strong growth: the ground of development are not solid, but very fragile.

The Phillipines, Indonesia, Brazil, Argentina... have all experienced lengthy periods of double-digit growth, which looked so solid that media and the world may have expected those countries to be high-income and developed soon. But only one storm came and everything collapsed like a house of cards. I still vividly remember the reply of one Fillipino high-ranking official in early 1990s that he expected Vietnam to become Phillipines and Phillipines to become Japan after 15 years.

tbh even in that video i will prefer india , atleast india is looking vibrant , north korea looks like german soldiers are coming back after long and endless journey from dreaded eastern front.

though i will prefer pakistan over anything else , even in its worst form, there is something you feel in air of Pakistan you never feel anywhere.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom