What's new

Did we get independence in 1971? Or is Bangladesh a colony of India?

Did we get independence in 1971? Or did we become a colony of India?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the fall of Siraj ud Daula and his Mughal saltanat marked the beginning of the end of Muslim Bengal. right after, the ascent of Hindu pundits and zamindars, and decline of Muslims, foretold what was to become of this large Muslim population isolated from other Muslim-administered lands. the isolation of Muslim Bengal from its neighborhood was accentuated by the 1947 Partition.
something to think about: one elderly person thinking out loud once said, Bengali Muslims and other big Muslim populations of the British Raj (such as Hyderabad Muslims) should have been made to migrate to today's Pakistan (i.e. NW of then British Raj) and that Pakistan should have been made a lot larger. that would have been very helpful

Old men? There are people today of our generation who want to carve out another Muslim homeland. Indeed there are people who want all of South Asia to be Muslim. So I find this thinking natural. :enjoy:

Funny question.
Any idea why Punjabi Sikhs and Hindus would ever want to be a part of a country where they are second class citizens? Why would they want to join an Islamic country?
I would say West Bengalis might still consider Bangladesh or Bangladeshis might consider united Bengal under India as there is secularism in both BD and India with equal rights and responsibilities to all...unlike Pakistan.
Your Parliament giving a statement on the hanging on Jamati leader in Bangladesh. Pakistani Parliament had no business interfering in BD's internal affairs...yet it did.
Then Imran Khans statements on top of that.
I dont think the highest body of Pakistan ie the Parliament is to be taken lightly. That is clear that Jamat-e-Islami of Bangladesh has strong relations with Pakistan.
Remember I keep telling that Kashmir is just an excuse for the hatred? They don't want the Hindus or Sikhs in Punjab. Nope. Only the land is necessary. After Kashmir it will be Punjab (again). Then West Bengal. After that Hyderabad, then Junagad, then Kerala etc etc.

And this is not an exceptional case either. This has historical precedence and is very evident today as well.

@kalu_miah - There is still time. You should start the process of reuniting with Pakistan to undo the acts of 'traitors' as YOU call them. Be honest and stand up to your convictions once and for all.

How about a Underwater Republic of Bangladesh. This one looks much more plausible then the one you are talking about.

You mean bay of Bengal will liberate Bangladesh from Bangladeshis.

This what happens with a small state.

The larger the union the stronger the influence.

You made the decision to separate and decided to believe Indian lies.

Look around you in the world, its the large countries which become successful and independent. Small countries like BD are always absorbed by neighboring giants.
what about South Korea ? do you know its conventional military power is stronger then even Pakistan's, it has a force of 654,000 active troops with double the size of reserves, it has the best gadget's & gear most probably in Asia , it has a green water navy , an air force with f-15 ,f-16 & f-18,s a fifth generation fighter project & it is 46,000 sq km smaller then Bangladesh !

Last edited:
Fifth option in this poll is absolutely wrong. How could you take help from muslim countries when they theirself are not independent (if I go according to your logic of independence).

@Sliver. I saw you thanking posts here.. So probably you must be curious about 71? To understand tht war from a somewhat neutral prospective .. I suggest you read "Dead Reconing" a book by Indian author Sarmila Bose .. A celebrated prize wining author who also happens to be a bangali and the grand daughter of indian freedom struggle Subhash Chandar Bose..

Thanks.

what about South Korea ? do know its conventional military power is stronger then even Pakistan's, it has a force of 654,000 active troops with double the size of reserves, it has the best gadget's & gear most probably in Asia , it has a green water navy , an air force with f-15 ,f-16 & f-18,s a fifth generation fighter project & it is 46,000 sq km smaller then Bangladesh !
And their girls are soooo pretty :D

I think it's largely because there is stability. A stable leadership, hardworking population and no religious fundamentalism = successful state.

You will alaways be slave of others because you think like that.... :lol:

Aasmaan sey gira, khajoor mein atka.

They wanted to get rid of Pakistan, and in process of doing so, got themselves rewarded with an even bigger problem, India.

It is now them and India. We should keep ourselves faaaaaaar away from all this. However, considering the banana republic status of Nepal, Bhutan etc, Bangladesh will not be much different considering its huge dependence on India.

No good deed goes unpunished, why this one (separation from Pakistan) should?

You are not as important as you deem yourself Bangladesh !
You have a bloody problem with your govt and you think they are under India's control ... Vote them out !

Get rid of extremists in your society and we will consider making u a colony like BD..
wet dreams… at their best..

I don't know about Pakistani Punjabis but in Indian Punjab only the old folk would want it due to a lot of them being from Pakistan. The younger generation would absolutely hate the idea for obvious reasons. The fact is we have little to do with Pakistani Punjabis. You guys follow a different Punjabi culture which is Arab influenced whereas we follow our own unique culture which has evolved over centuries. Culturally we have more in common with other North Indians.
punjab culture is same on both sides… i know because i've seen people from both sides…
i know dozens of punjabis from india.

Last edited:
Whaat....o_O ... So do u mean bangladesh is not a state of india... well that's new..when did that happen:what:

There would be some similarity like there would be some similarity between iran and iraq. But there is one small difference - Indian Punjab is Sikh and Hindu dominated whereas Pakistan was created for Muslims/Muslim dominated areas. There are many other reasons. This would mean that 2 can never unite.
Same is the case with West Bengal and Bangladesh.
India does not have any strong influence over Bangaldesh. Hate mongers are in great numbers here and would instigate based on religion and hatered taught to them from childhood.
Bangladesh is better than Pakistan in HDI and has no reasn to merge with either Pakistan or India. It should just safeguard itself against extremism.
believe it or not…. besides religion everything is the same… i know because i have friends who are punjabis from punjab in india… we do everything the same except religion and sikhs are even similar to muslims in some of the things they do.

wet dreams… at their best..

punjab culture is same on both sides… i know because i've seen people from both sides…
i know dozens of punjabis from india.
Please tell me the cultural similarities aside from language? Just face it, we are separate people. Pakistanis use weird Arabic terms like "akhi" and only speak Punjabi in villages.

Back
Top Bottom