What's new

Did we get independence in 1971? Or is Bangladesh a colony of India?

Did we get independence in 1971? Or did we become a colony of India?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so now do we want to compare indian punjab vs pakistani punjab?
i will make a thread about it and we will compare them
but everybody knows there is no comparison… our punjab is a more prosperous then your punjab that is no secret.
No sir. You are mistaken.
Please start a comparison and take the following figures:
1. Agricultural productivity per acre
2. Per capita income
3. Rule of Law index
4. Per capita electricity consumption
5. Literacy Rate

I think these 5 attributes will be sufficient to clear any misconception you have that Pakistani punjab is better than Indian punjab. Its not.
------------------------
As I said..I have given 3 points which cover 3 aspects - political, social and economic.

From neither of the 3 aspects would any Indian punjabi ever want to join Pakistan punjab.
1. From a political aspect -
a)the citinzens would be second class citizens. They can not become presidents and prime minister of their own country.

2 From a social standpoint -
a)why would they want to join a place(Islamic country) which gives them second class social standing.
b)Where they have to put up with 1500 year old laws like 'blood money' laws and hudood ordinance and blasphemy laws.
c)Why would they want to live in a place which has very bad rule of law, where justice will never be delivered to them.

3. From an economic viewpoint
a) Why would they want to join a lower developed region with lower income, lower electricity production, lower economic activity, lower literacy

You have maybe spoken of the older generation of punjabis who still love the Pakistani punjab because they were born there or there parents were born there.

I invite you to talk with the young and current generation of punjabis who care as much about Pakistani punjab as they do about Burma - which is to say - not at all.

No sir. You are mistaken.
Please start a comparison and take the following figures:
1. Agricultural productivity per acre
2. Per capita income
3. Rule of Law index
4. Per capita electricity consumption
5. Literacy Rate

I think these 5 attributes will be sufficient to clear any misconception you have that Pakistani punjab is better than Indian punjab. Its not.
------------------------
As I said..I have given 3 points which cover 3 aspects - political, social and economic.

From neither of the 3 aspects would any Indian punjabi ever want to join Pakistan punjab.
1. From a political aspect -
a)the citinzens would be second class citizens. They can not become presidents and prime minister of their own country.

2 From a social standpoint -
a)why would they want to join a place(Islamic country) which gives them second class social standing.
b)Where they have to put up with 1500 year old laws like 'blood money' laws and hudood ordinance and blasphemy laws.
c)Why would they want to live in a place which has very bad rule of law, where justice will never be delivered to them.

3. From an economic viewpoint
a) Why would they want to join a lower developed region with lower income, lower electricity production, lower economic activity, lower literacy

You have maybe spoken of the older generation of punjabis who still love the Pakistani punjab because they were born there or there parents were born there.

I invite you to talk with the young and current generation of punjabis who care as much about Pakistani punjab as they do about Burma - which is to say - not at all.
your looking at it from one point of you… i was looking at it from the point go you of being the same people and having the same culture ect.

Please tell me the cultural similarities aside from language? Just face it, we are separate people. Pakistanis use weird Arabic terms like "akhi" and only speak Punjabi in villages.
maybe we are different people…
glad most punjabis accepted islam…

I am from Himachal and lived in Punjab for past 10 years.

Take my word for it, there is no incentive for me to join the failed state of Pakistan when India can provide me a much, much better life due to the reasons @Contrarian mentioned.

your looking at it from one point of you… i was looking at it from the point go you of being the same people and having the same culture ect.

maybe we are different people…
glad most punjabis accepted islam…
Yes, it would appear same. Infact the same culture is in Punjab, Delhi, Haryana and (to some extent) Himachal Pradesh. So what?

Having roughly similar culture in foreign land and being friends is vastly different from ever wanting to join a country. You take into account dozens of factors. Would I as a Delhiite choose to live under the laws of Pakistan and as a second class citizen because of 'similar culture'. No.

Here a good article for you to read from Hindustan Times.

The same people? Surely not - Hindustan Times

First you were being discriminated by West Pakistan. Now you are being discriminated by India.

There are two possibilities.

Either everyone is interested in you because you are very important. I highly doubt it.

Or the problem lies with Bangladeshi's. You people can not decide what you want to do with your country. When others interfere you start complaining.

Learn to be independent and you won't have problems.

Yes, it would appear same. Infact the same culture is in Punjab, Delhi, Haryana and (to some extent) Himachal Pradesh. So what?

Having roughly similar culture in foreign land and being friends is vastly different from ever wanting to join a country. You take into account dozens of factors. Would I as a Delhiite choose to live under the laws of Pakistan and as a second class citizen because of 'similar culture'. No.

Here a good article for you to read from Hindustan Times.

The same people? Surely not - Hindustan Times
Don't forget Jammu lol

All options are similar in polls.....
We don't need to influence anything in Bdesh .... But waiting to sail my boat over submerged BD land..... Trolling.....
@Matrixx is only BD member to be taken seriously else are breed of Munshi babu.....

Please tell me the cultural similarities aside from language? Just face it, we are separate people. Pakistanis use weird Arabic terms like "akhi" and only speak Punjabi in villages.

Apart from Punjabi their is no Similarity.:closed:

Bangladesh should be nuked ASAP!!!!....first they created problems for Pakistan now creating problems for Hindustan :mad::mad:

4721114714_6a47be4212_z.jpg

shaheedcouple.jpg

crying.0.jpg

Bibi_Gurmeet_Kaur.1.jpg

1984children.6.jpg

crying2.jpg

10491241_769450686431922_3360820135470393034_n.jpg

Never%20Forget.png

First you were being discriminated by West Pakistan. Now you are being discriminated by India.

There are two possibilities.

Either everyone is interested in you because you are very important. I highly doubt it.

Or the problem lies with Bangladeshi's. You people can not decide what you want to do with your country. When others interfere you start complaining.

Learn to be independent and you won't have problems.
Its just the razakars who are complaining. The traitors.

The ordinary Bangladeshis are doing well. BD has a nice growth rate and the rate of improvement of social indicators is highest in South Asia.

Now imagine this daily in the Islamic republic. This is what will happen in Pakistan.

We can't change history. Before '71 very few people were aware of India and its intentions. Until the majority people are conscious of their identity and know friends from foes, a people fail to take responsibility of themselves and the idea of nationhood doesn't mature. We needed this experience.

No matter if BD has better growth HDI or even surpass India in all fields they would just pole vault to India and forget that they have a home to return

Back
Top Bottom