What's new

Dhaka vs Kolkata

At all Bengalis from West Bengal, in this thread.. What are our other cities apart from Kolkata ? In fact, can we call them 'city' to be specific ?

Take the jam out. Dhaka is twice developed than kolkata. It is as par with Bombay

Figures and cold hard facts my friend. Please provide them!

Like this: http://pwc.blogs.com/files/global-city-gdp-rankings-2008-2025.pdf

As if comparing with Kolkata isnt enough, you are now going to compare with Mumbai? Whats next? New york city, London or Tokyo...LOL? We will just take your word right?

BTW, Bombay has GDP of 210 billion USD back in 2008. That was almost 3 times Dhaka output.

Getting rid of a jam isnt going to suddenly propel Dhaka to Bombay level, I'm sorry!

Kolkata is a declining city while Dhaka is an emerging one.Current problem is due to rapid rise of population overwhelming the administration to cope with.In 1970 Dhaka had 1 million people vs Kolkata had 10 million.Now Dhaka has more people than Kolkata.When a city experience this type of phenomenal growth,city administration often find it hard to keep pace with.For the last 2/3 decades Kolkata's population is stagnant even declining.So it is much easier for them to provide basic amenities to citizen.:mod:

But the most important difference is that,Dhaka is the capital of an independent country,While kolkata is a third tire city in India nobody talk about.It is like another Agartala or Guwahati.When Indian talk about their cities,they talk about Delhi,Mumbai or Bangalore not Kolkata. Kolkata used to be great when there was british.But after that Delhi's Brahmon Punjabi ruler developed Delhi Mumbai at the expanse of Kolkata.But stupid Indian Bengali are happy to suck up their Brahmon Punjabi master in Delhi and happy to receive some bone thrown at them to keep them servile. If Indian Bengali had an iota of brain then they would have made them free from the Punjabi brahmon ruler of Delhi and joined Bangladesh for continued growth and prosperity.:cheers:
My 3ft 3inch friend i am a jat (you must know what that mean lol) and since when west bangalis are being ruled by punjabis and north indians moreover they have nothing in common with you animists and rohingyas both racially and culturally ....the best option is to take care of your boat people called rohingya.

No other Indian city can be compared to Dhaka other than Mumbai.Kolkata can be compared to Chittagong, nothing more.Bangladesh has GDP as per with Maharastra.So Bangladesh is comparable only to largest Indian state economy wise Maharastra and Dhaka with Mumbai.:azn:

Figures and cold hard facts my friend. Please provide them!

Like this: http://pwc.blogs.com/files/global-city-gdp-rankings-2008-2025.pdf

As if comparing with Kolkata isnt enough, you are now going to compare with Mumbai? Whats next? New york city, London or Tokyo...LOL? We will just take your word right?

BTW, Bombay has GDP of 210 billion USD back in 2008. That was almost 3 times Dhaka output.

Getting rid of a jam isnt going to suddenly propel Dhaka to Bombay level, I'm sorry!

Wiki says Dhaka's current GDP is $280 billion (PPP). Not too bad right? ;p

My 3ft 3inch friend i am a jat (you must know what that mean lol) and since when west bangalis are being ruled by punjabis and north indians moreover they have nothing in common with you animists and rohingyas both racially and culturally ....the best option is to take care of your boat people called rohingya.
Whether you are a jat or rat we don't care.And Indian are average shorter than Average Bangladeshi due to massive malnutrition and hunger in India.

Last edited:
No other Indian city can be compared to Dhaka other than Mumbai.Kolkata can be compared to Chittagong, nothing more.Bangladesh has GDP as per with Maharastra.So Bangladesh is comparable only to largest Indian state economy wise Maharastra and Dhaka with Mumbai.:azn:

Last time I checked, Maharashtra was the only province with a nominal GDP larger than BD's.

Wiki says Dhaka's current GDP is $280 billion (PPP). Not too bad right? ;p
Kolkata is a city which was not even eligible to hold a world cup cricket match in 2011. That's tell you something about that city.Marwari gang which run that city is continuously sucking its blood to make it half dead.

@waz @Horus can you guys please close this thread before it turns into an ugly fight? Feel free to send @Rain Man off to a short vacation - he deserves some sunlight. :D

@Bilal9 @Doyalbaba @BDforever @bongbang Who's got time to create a new thread dedicated to discussing everything positive about our cities - current development and future plans, with pictures and stuff?

Thik hai I can create a thread but where?

I already have a Dhaka Midrises thread here in the folowing section,

Home -> Pakistan Defence Forum -> Photos & Multimedia -> General Photos & Multimedia

However the number of 'current development and future plans, with pictures and stuff' is rather limited. Is the Bangladesh Defense section a better place?

OK I'll volunteer. I have paid for and possess almost infinite bandwidth. (Takes a bow) :-)

And I agree. Kolkata can never be Dhaka. And vice versa. I sort of like it that way....:-)

Last edited:
Whether you are jat or rat we don't care.And Indian are average shorter than Average Bangladeshi due to massive malnutrition and hunger in India.
ohh you care.... 1971 you forgot jats lol ......I am sure even a rat has better physique than a average bangladeshi and even though you are 170 million compared to 1.25 billion ....your hunger situation sucks

global hunger index

india 55

bangladesh 57

Home -> Pakistan Defence Forum -> Photos & Multimedia -> General Photos & Multimedia

However the number of 'current development and future plans, with pictures and stuff' is rather limited.

But I'll volunteer. I have paid for and possess almost infinite bandwidth. (Takes a bow) :-)

Awesome, thanks bro, let's make the best use of your bandwidth then! :D

We can ask mods to rename your existing thread. Midrises are part of current development. ;)

My IQ level 65 friend, what's a jat doing in a thread discussing Bangali cities? :chilli:
@Maira La faking your love here for west bengalis ....ahaha funny that u asked that .... i have usually seen u thanking ur former masters post and sucking up to them in every anti india threads ....you still have fetish for them don't you

My IQ level 65 friend, what's a jat doing in a thread discussing Bangali cities? :chilli:

Tarey khepaiya luv ki? Ek-khuni tomakey tractor chapa dibey....

I won't go into any jat jokes :-)

Jat's need love too :-)

However the number of 'current development and future plans, with pictures and stuff' is rather limited. Is the Bangladesh Defense section a better place?

OK I'll volunteer. I have paid for and possess almost infinite bandwidth. (Takes a bow) :-)

And I agree. Kolkata can never be Dhaka. And vice versa. I sort of like it that way....:-)
Bilai Bhai,You can create a sticky thread in Bangladesh defence section naming 'Urban development in Bangladesh' where we can discuss and post picture about development in Dhaka,Chittagong,Sylhet,Khulna and other major cities.:-)

ohh you care.... 1971 you forgot jats lol ......I am sure even a rat has better physique than a average bangladeshi and even though you are 170 million compared to 1.25 billion ....your hunger situation sucks

global hunger index

india 55

bangladesh 57

Will you please stop with your off-topic infantile posts??

Calling Bangladeshis bhookhey-nangey, short, kaala etc. only diminishes your own credibility.

We all know what the real situation is.

Either present some quality 'on-topic' posts or refrain from posting altogether. Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom