What's new

Dhaka v/s Kolkata

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dhaka has no public transport"- well that's just another example of your prejudice against Bangladeshis.

My example of Narsingdi was to justify that only having a good electricity flow doesn't prove that a city is better rather it also shows a dark side of it.

I surely don't concur on your points which has already been countered by IamBengali, as I quoted in my earlier post and I'm also not inclined to indulge in dirty counter arguments like you constantly post - "Kolkata has good primary schools while Dhaka has none so Kolkata>Dhaka".

And for your info the survey which chose Dhaka as least habitable city in the world didn't even care to include Kolkata in their study.
What dark side does having no load-shedding shows? LOL are you for real?

It's not my word, most Bangladeshis say that there's no public transport in Dhaka. Do you really think Dhaka has working public transport.

It's not my word, most Bangladeshis say that there's no public transport in Dhaka. Do you really think Dhaka has working public transport.
i went to Dhaka in June/July. its a city of Rickshaws. You just cant compare Dhaka to Kolkata.

Why don't you dig into my earlier post to get that dark side? NVM, let me repeat, the residents of Kolkata, mostly the educated middle class tend to move to other metros of India because of the better opportunities there, hence the electricity flow is sufficient enough to meet the declining demands, even the economic activities are also declining in Kolkata, no investments at all. As I said, even a small town of Bangladesh can boast of having no load shedding but that's not all that count.

I don't know which Bangladeshis you are referring to, they surely never heard of the corporation called BRTC. :lol:

Why don't you dig into my earlier post to get that dark side? NVM, let me repeat, the residents of Kolkata, mostly the educated middle class tend to move to other metros of India because of the better opportunities there, hence the electricity flow is sufficient enough to meet the declining demands, even the economic activities are also declining in Kolkata, no investments at all. As I said, even a small town of Bangladesh can boast of having no load shedding but that's not all that count.

I don't know which Bangladeshis you are referring to, they surely never heard of the corporation called BRTC. :lol:
That's the most weirdest sh!t I have ever read. Please FedEx me some of the sh!t you have been smoking. :P

First of all kolkata is not a village, it's a big metro with millions of people and it's gdp is much higher than Dhaka and only after Mumbai and NCR in India. Lots of people goes out of kolkata but in the meantime lots of people also migrate to Kolkata.

And even if it was a small town with no industry then also no load-shedding would have considered a good thing.

But I must give it to your patriotism, according to you even load-shedding is a plus point of Dhaka. :lol:

And your small town in Bangladesh with 24 7 power looks like just lots of weed like rest of your posts :lol: 
Trust me dude, it's my long cherished dream that Kolkata will one day get decent economy teachers so that you guys don't embarrass yourselves in future.

The figure for Kolkata you posted is of 2013 with the base year of 2004/05 while the figure of Dhaka is of 2008 with the base year of 1994/95 and that too an estimation of london based organization, can't rely on this figure.
Here comes the favourite Bangladeshi excuse of base year of gdp. Before adopting the new base year they used to say that gdp will be doubled once 2005 is adopted. But in real world, not in the lala land they graze on, things didn't work out as such and gdp only increased by a tiny 18 billion with a new base year. Even if we attribute the whole increased gdp to Dhaka still it's gdp stands much lower than kolkata.

Digital Bangladesh ftw! :lol:

Last edited:
i went to Dhaka in June/July. its a city of Rickshaws. You just cant compare Dhaka to Kolkata.
Yes it is, but ask extra terrestrial he will say brtc buses ply on dhaka day and night.

I knew that you have no answer or rebuttal and can only post garbage.
Kolkata- $150 billion(PPP)
Dhaka- $78 billion(PPP)
Data of 2008, not 1994-95.
Where do you get that figure?AFAIK BBS never publishes city or division based GDP...you guys probably do it because you are a federation...but we don't....how did you get the Dhaka GDP figure?

I got a lot of stares in Dhaka , worse than Delhi
We are always uncomfortable about foreigners roaming around our streets!:DWe have bad experience with foreigners from our past.Everyone is an enemy!

Kolkata has a good public transport system which Dhaka lacks as of now and that's the only area where Kolkata is ahead of Dhaka. You said Kolkata has no load shedding, well that's a huge relief to it's residents but that too has some unfavorable reasons as I heard the residents of Kolkata tend to move to other metros of India because of the better opportunities there, hence the demands of electricity would be decreasing which ensure the uninterrupted flow. I've a friend from Narshingdi, a small town in Bangladesh and as he told me, there is no load-shedding in Narsingdi, now that doesn't prove that Narsingdi is ahead of Dhaka, since the demand in Dhaka is ever increasing which is not the case in Narsingdi. Anyway we have enough neutral posts in this thread which clearly highlights which city is better.

So far what we have seen clearly shows that Kolkata is clearly far ahead of Dhaka in every aspect. In fact, Dhaka seems to be lagging behind not only Metros, but most State Capitals and Tier-1 cities of India. :D
You can highlight any area where you think Dhaka is ahead of Kolkata, then we can discuss it further.

Kolkata is increasing in size, infrastructure, population, and of course, electricity usage!! :D

Kolkata is increasing in size, infrastructure, population, and of course, electricity usage!! :D

Dhaka is also increasing in size, infrastructure, population, and of course, electricity usage!! :D 
More Japanese funds for Dhaka Metro
Project to start 2 years early
The commencement and the completion of metro rail project had been brought forward, as Japan has increased fund for the venture, Finance Minister AMA Muhith said yesterday.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) has already committed Tk 16,594 crore of the estimated Tk 21,985 crore for the project, while the government is to bear the rest.
However, it is not yet confirmed how much additional fund Jica will provide for the project. Asked, officials of the Economic Relations Division did not make any comment about it.
Initially, the project was supposed to roll out in 2016, but now it would begin in 2014. For this, it would now be completed by 2018 instead of 2021, Muhith told reporters after a meeting at the cabinet division.
His comments came after the cabinet committee on purchase approved a proposal for the appointment of contractor for the project.
The government has appointed a consortium led by Nippon Koei Company, a Japanese firm. The committee, at a meeting in the Secretariat chaired by Muhith, approved the appointment of the consultant, a consortium of six firms.
The project will include elevated metro rail of 20.1 kilometre, 16 stations, and one depot. The project will commence with the work of the depot.
“I hope some parts of the project will be functional before 2018,” said Muhith.
The Japanese company, which has been appointed as the consultant for eight years, will get Tk 928.17 crore to complete the project under the Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development Project.

Last edited:
Some pics of Dhaka : Basundhara City Shopping Mall
Basundhara city.jpg

Dhaka is also increasing in size, infrastructure, population, and of course, electricity usage!! :D

Aare bhai that was not the point, "extra terrestrial" was trying to pitch a new theory that working people are leaving Kolkata. hence less electricity usage and no load shedding!! :D

Some pics of Dhaka : Basundhara City Shopping Mall
View attachment 10198

Photo of this shopping mall has been posted 10 times already!! How many Dhaka has?

Edit: this Rupashi Bangla hotel was also there 10 times! :D

Lets list how many we both have.

Dhaka has 2 Multiplexes. Let me count how many we have, coming back in half an hour. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom