What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

Man whoever wrote this drank way too much camel piss :omghaha:

What's with all these pro-Egyptian news articles and their obsession with Egypt's ranking on Global Firepower. Those numbers mean jack sh*t when training, experience and other aspects aren't put into consideration.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1707526

If war was all about the machines then the Germans would have won ww2.

Egyptians buying equipment and new military tech is just putting band aid on a lot of problems that they have been suffering for decades.

Isis is running rampant in the sinai that they are even telling Israel to do airstrikes for them.

Then we should give up EEZ and let it go.
There are many ways to protect our EEZ. Egypt's Army is no joke, if it gets out of hand, we will suffer dearly.

First your ridiculous arguments about saving PKK PMs and now this...whatever happened to you in the last 6 to 9 months, make it go away.

Allah is with us, we will defeat the whole world with Iman power. Turkey strong.

There are many ways to protect our EEZ. Egypt's Army is no joke, if it gets out of hand, we will suffer dearly.

Bro, of course we shouldn't underestimate our enemies. However TSK has studied the situation in Libya and already know what Egypt is capable of. TSK knows that Egypt can't do anything, that's why we haven't taken their threats seriously.

Egypt's army is a joke by the way. It may have numbers and some new equipment but it is not an effective fighting force.

Very surprising attitude from Sinan.

But you have to remember that Egyptian parliament giving sisi mandate is just supportive action. Egypt doesn’t have legal basis for invading Libya all the way to Sirte. Anything beyond some 30 km would be an invasion.

I won’t rule out that they may do it, but that would be an invasion and would activate sanctions. Plus African Union that ppl seem to ignore is not going to be happy. They may not be a strong entity, but they have a say on what’s going on.

Especially countries like Ethiopia who have needs, but are told by the few arab countries to suck it up and keep suffering.

Well nothing is definit as long as there are alternative solutions, the point being that you should not make ultimatums where you don’t leave room for wiggling.

Sisi already backpedalled on his declaration of war once, now he is trying to create basis for it. Won’t change Egypts action from being illegal.

I mentioned Algeria and Tunis before, but ppl didn’t understand the hint. These two countries had to fight for their democracy and had their civil war. No way they will support LNA.

I may have skipped a few things, but there is so much to be said about why Egypt can’t go in and why they won’t have any support from any other than KSA and UAE.

Just my two cent for the moment.
Nothing to do with attitute, if a large scale war breaks up with Egypt in Libya, we will be severely at disadvantage. Egypt's army is modern and is no joke. Our supply lines would be exposed and economically going through crisis we have no means to finance that kind of war.

Our goal here is not Jufra, but our EEZ, as long as GNA holds Tripoli, it is enough for us.

Egypt's army is a joke by the way. It may have numbers and some new equipment but it is not an effective fighting force.
How do we decide on that?

Nothing to do with attitute, if a large scale war breaks up with Egypt in Libya, we will be severely at disadvantage. Egypt's army is modern and is no joke. Our supply lines would be exposed and economically going through crisis we have no means to finance that kind of war.

Our goal here is not Jufra, but our EEZ, as long as GNA holds Tripoli, it is enough for us.

So effective that they have Israel doing airstrikes against Isis in the sinai??

They have f16s, mirage 2000 they will also be getting rafales and su35s.

Still making another nation do airstrikes for them that is nothing more than embarassing.

Pretty pathetic

Firstly, their F-16s completely lack F&F BVR missiles. They are freakin useless.

A lot of Egyptian military fanatics say they have a huge amount of M1 Abrams... All with no depleted uranium armour. How the hell are they going to bring these to their "red line"? There is a single coastal road to the major cities. They aren't going to bring them through the desert unless they are willing to get bogged down. Good luck bringing, fuel and other supplies along with the tanks through hundreds of kilometres of inhospitable desert while simultaneously protecting them from air strikes.

Also it's a known fact that their training is abysmal. They lack war experience too. You could have the best weapons, but without good training none of that matters.

Watch this:

Uh.. AC from France now.

Anyway I understand the worry but like you said, we just need to ensure GNA holds what they have.

What's cause for concern is that a lot of new frontiers are opening. Given the current economic situation it's not good.

A lot of people maybe thinking im bias just going on the usual anti arab thing.

Modern day Arab armies are bad I mean really. Lots of factors that make them so abysmal I can put lots of armies that are much more worse but since we are talking about the Middle East and Turkey is part of this region we gotta know our neighbours armies.

Iraqi army fled and surrendered Mosul to Isis. This is the equivalent of surrendering Izmir or Antalya.

This is not about me underestimating them. Arabs can fight heck anybody can fight but you also have many that cant fight this is down to many factors.

Warfare changes if you cant adapt you get left behind.

The only issue for Turkey in Libya as of today is early detection, dont get me wrong Turkey has good radars but the terrain and the placement of the al-Watiya air base is a problem. We don't have the high ground or the AWACS to help us like in Idlib.
If Turkey can safely deploy F16, I don't see what Egypt can do to be honest. But if GNA starts the opperation without some proper air support than yes, it will be a big gabble.

One thing for sure, their Air Force is literally a small United Nations.

Laf meclisten dışarı ama back to topic, everyone should stop being a keyboard general about it. If you are so eager to annihilate them just go join the Army yourself.

We are not the only formidable military power in the region. We might be stronger, better trained, better equipped than them or vice versa they might as well as have the upper hand too.

Reasonable comparison is one thing. Heck, even a nationalist spirit here for bashing Egypt is understandable.

But we all know that's not the case for Egypt. Most of you here are puking out hatred on Egyptian government and its army only because they toppled Muslim Brotherhood with a coup and jailed them all. Should the adversary be another country irregardless of religion and ethnicity, you wouldn't be so much of a armchair general about it, admit it. Everyone bashed particularly Sissi here instead of highlighting centuries old hostility between Egypt and Turkey, this proves it.

If you don't respect your adversary and underestimate it then it means you have no intention to bring your boys back home, safe. That's the only thing that matters.

One thing for sure, their Air Force is literally a small United Nations.

Laf meclisten dışarı ama back to topic, everyone should stop being a keyboard general about it. If you are so eager to annihilate them just go join the Army yourself.

We are not the only formidable military power in the region. We might be stronger, better trained, better equipped than them or vice versa they might as well as have the upper hand too.

Reasonable comparison is one thing. Heck, even a nationalist spirit here for bashing Egypt is understandable.

But we all know that's not the case for Egypt. Most of you here are puking out hatred on Egyptian government and its army only because they toppled Muslim Brotherhood with a coup and jailed them all. Should the adversary be another country irregardless of religion and ethnicity, you wouldn't be so much of a armchair general about it, admit it. Everyone bashed particularly Sissi here instead of highlighting centuries old hostility between Egypt and Turkey, this proves it.

If you don't respect your adversary and underestimate it then it means you have no intention to bring your boys back home, safe. That's the only thing that matters.

I don't understand the underestimation either, but it's much worse to see how we/turks use it as a pretext to bash Egypt.

I think it's worth remembering that Egypt isn't interested in a war either, but we can only wait and see. I think I've delivered some sound pov which has been said by many before me.

If the oil production is halted then so be it, it'll hit EU much harder than us. Perhaps that is why France has sent Charles down there, I don't know tbh.

Uh.. AC from France now.

Anyway I understand the worry but like you said, we just need to ensure GNA holds what they have.

What's cause for concern is that a lot of new frontiers are opening. Given the current economic situation it's not good.

Could you (or anyone else) resume the video ?

Thanks.

Could you (or anyone else) resume the video ?

Thanks.

"The AC has been sent to the coastal waters of Libya. The fights has been reduced in Libya, but both sides (GNA and LNA) are making their moves, and strenghtening their positions.

First of all France is trying to put pressure on Turkey on global arena through diplomatic efforts. And likewise facing counter moves by Turkey. The latest move by France is sending the AC 70-80 miles off the coast (40x Rafael M planes) which is an interesting development."

Then the poster proceeds to explain more about the AC, catapult system etc.

including an explanation about the ASM LNA tested yesterday, where they nearly failed to launch it and that it could have cost lives had it exploded any closer to launch site.

"The AC has been sent to the coastal waters of Libya. The fights has been reduced in Libya, but both sides (GNA and LNA) are making their moves, and strenghtening their positions.

First of all France is trying to put pressure on Turkey on global arena through diplomatic efforts. And likewise facing counter moves by Turkey. The latest move by France is sending the AC 70-80 miles off the coast (40x Rafael M planes) which is an interesting development."

Then the poster proceeds to explain more about the AC, catapult system etc.

including an explanation about the ASM LNA tested yesterday, where they nearly failed to launch it and that it could have cost lives had it exploded any closer to launch site.

Thank you.

As for the Charles de Gaulle sent off Libya,I pretty much doubt this claim. The aircraft carrier will remain at dock til autumn after its crew was infected with coronavirus.

It has been disinfected and all of its crew has recovered. The aircraft carrier can go back to sea immediatly in case of emergency,however I doubt Libya represents an "emergency".

Back
Top Bottom