What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

Sirte is obviously not easy to take considering it used to be the capital in 2011 when Gaddafi moved the capital from Tripoli to Sirte.

The reality is something different, and from another time (+/- 200 years)

This is the truth :
In August 1791, while France was destabilized by revolutionary fervor, slaves from the north of Saint-Domingue rose up: it was the beginning of the Haitian Revolution. In 1793, Toussaint Louverture, leader of the insurgents, allied with the Spaniards to fight France. In 1794, he turned against the latter, and invaded the Spanish part of the island in 1801, freeing the slaves. In 1802, Napoleon Bonaparte sent 40,000 French and Polish soldiers to Santo Domingo to put down the revolt. These troops were defeated at the Battle of Vertières in 1803. The independence of Haiti was proclaimed in 1804.
In 1825, following an ultimatum from Charles X, France and the new Haitian state succeeded in regularizing their diplomatic relations. In exchange for compensation of 150 million gold francs, paid to the former colonists, the Kingdom of France recognizes the independence of Haiti and renounces any desire to reconquer.

This is history. The 2020 habits and rules are not those of 1800....

Every country has some dark moments in its history...

Even Turkey.
I think the point is that the "western" countries who brag about upholding "higher" values are just using that as a basis to avoid being held accountable for their past crimes.

But at the same time are quick to condemn Turkey for 1915. I mean we're not even talking about how many Turkish civilians were prosecuted same way from Europe in that time or so.

The focus is very clear. Suppress the wests genocide on turks, but promote the so-called 1915 act.

Just take a look at how many sources can you find about the attrocities committed in Europe during ww1 and right after against former Ottoman regions ?

Just look at Thrace where we have aprox 1 mio. turks descendents living, but Greece doesn't recognize them as a racial minority, but only religious minority.

I don't even have to tell you about the colonial powers and what's been done after ww1, even after ww2.

???? what is that supposed west genocide?

the main word is "supposed".
Don't you think that your question to what I wrote is a perfect example of what I meant.

Try google it. It's astonishing the amount of sources you find, as if it doesn't exist.

I mean you probably don't even know the atrocities turkic nations suffered at the hands of Soviet.

I have always said that Turkeys biggest mistake and even now is not having a proper news outlet that publishes relentlessly in English. Always Turkish. Biggest mistake.

People like you don't read turkish, so what's the point publishing in turkish, when the rest of the world raise their own people with their own version of history.

I had to search in turkish for this particular article to appear. Couldn't find it searching in english. A small part of it is in english.
https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/article-file/325014

GNA will be attacked soon before US election, and still GNA/Turkey didn't attack Sirte
and there is a directly proportional relationship between GNA military activities and posts in this thread...the post volume on this thread has been low recently....smh..looks like its a stalemate..and with weapon buildup on both sides...it will remain a stalemate for a while it seems.

There will be two operations in Syria and Libya by Asaad and Haftar during the US election .

Assad will go after M4 highway. Haftar is controlled by Putin. Putin is satisfied with Libya's oil. He won't go after Tripoli. Assad uses HTS rather than US election as justification. HTS is designated as terror organization.

and there is a directly proportional relationship between GNA military activities and posts in this thread...the post volume on this thread has been low recently....smh..looks like its a stalemate..and with weapon buildup on both sides...it will remain a stalemate for a while it seems.
They could take the Russian path and just bomb the shit out of Tripoli until submission. Egypt has many thousands of locally produced artillery it can send to LNA.

Back
Top Bottom