What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

Ha ha.....you will find out the hard way if Egyptian weapons are fake weapons. Seriously!! Egypt is close, and has a large military. if Egypt enters strongly, Turkey is at best in a stalemate. if u dont believe ,that then u must believe in fake weapons..but u will learn eventually.
In order to enter to Libya "strongly", Egypt needs to send its Army to front lines. This would have mean large sanctions by EU and might even mean UN sanctions. This would have dire consequences for Egypt. Egypt tried whatever it can this weekend. And rest of the world refused it. So it is up to Date now, And They have to accept secondary role.

Sisi looks like he has a nervous smile, meanwhile the defense minister seems very unimpressed.

Something tells me that Sisi wants more than he can get. Despite having a military background it appears as if he has not fully grasped that the Egyptian military isn't fully capable of the task which he has given it.

The defense minister seems like he understands that the Egyptian military isn't ready.

I expect that they will enter but will fumble around and lose troops for no reason.

Last edited:
Sisi looks like he has a nervous smile, meanwhile the defense minister seems very unimpressed.

Something tells me that Sisi wants more than he can get. Despite having a military background it appears as if he has not fully grasped that the Egyptian military isn't fully capable of the task which he has given it.

The defense minister seems like he understands that the Egyptian military isn't ready.

I expect that they will enter but will fumble around and lose troops for no reason.

Gamal nasser sent Egyptian special forces to their deaths in Yemen.

In order to enter to Libya "strongly", Egypt needs to send its Army to front lines. This would have mean large sanctions by EU and might even mean UN sanctions. This would have dire consequences for Egypt. Egypt tried whatever it can this weekend. And rest of the world refused it. So it is up to Date now, And They have to accept secondary role.
Egypt made sure it won't happen, that's why they sought for guaranteed "international support" before talking about intervention. Now, they're hellbent confident entering Libya after knowing they got South Europe, Russia and US on their back. Turkey on the other hand have being criticized by European countries so Turkey are more likely to face sanctions than Egypt.

Last edited:
Turkey is moving at least one G-class frigate closer to Sirte.

Does the G-class frigate have any land attack capability (besides its gun)?

That's another option, but I think the frigates radars are used to spot UAV and airplanes and relay warnings to reduce losses.

That's another option, but I think the frigates radars are used to spot UAV and airplanes and relay warnings to reduce losses.

UAV fly too low for surface radars.

Egypt made sure it won't happen, that's why they sought for guaranteed "international support" before talking about intervention. Now, they're hellbent confident entering Libya after knowing they got South Europe, Russia and US on their back. Turkey on the other hand have being criticized by European countries so Turkey are more likely to face sanctions than Egypt.

Didn't Canada already embargo TB2's engine? Ever TB2 lost is a TB2 that can't be replaced.

Egypt has EC-130H EW planes and E-2 AWACs. They don't need to get close to the frontline at Sirte to have a big impact on the Sirte battle. Also Egypt has plenty of Pterodactyl II attack planes which can safely attack from 1000+ km away without risky pilots lives.

Sirte in range.
22015074_0.jpg

EaEs8pYXkAEr8Qu

Situation in Libya, 9 June 2020 (13:00 UTC) -

Dark Green - Amazigh/Berber
Purple - Zintani
Yellow - Tuareg
Blue - Toubou
Sky Blue - Petroleum Facilities Guard

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back