What's new

Development of Karachi skyscrappers (skyline)

Thanks to all freinds. Why you are not sharing the pics of Karachi thread page 159 and 160 in SSC?? they are wonderfull pics please share them here.

can anyone compare karachi and lahore with mumbai and delhi if any one has visited both or all ( also say which part of mumai or delhi you visitied)

can anyone compare karachi and lahore with mumbai and delhi if any one has visited both or all ( also say which part of mumai or delhi you visitied)

there are so many indians who have visited karachi & lahore & inida as well & also did gud comparison you can read them to hav an idea

Yes , i have been to Bombay and i been to Karachi...
I wont write a comparison as there is hardly any....

Yes , i have been to Bombay and i been to Karachi...
I wont write a comparison as there is hardly any....

There is big difference karachi is cleaner than Mumbai and Karachi is more planned city 70% of karachi is planned, take a look at google earth and you will see the difference Areas of karachi like nazimabad, Liaqatabad, Defence, Clifton, Korangi, PECHS, bahadurabad, Gulshaneiqbal, gulshanemaymar, And Sohrab Goth Are all Planned areas of karachi, Just have a look at karachi in Google maps and see yourself, i have seen mumbai in google earth and it looks a mess its not planned its very thick area means there is no area for people to make new homes and Planned Sectors and Navi mumbai is somewhat planned but have become very populated and has many areas not planned.

There is big difference karachi is cleaner than Mumbai and Karachi is more planned city 70% of karachi is planned, take a look at google earth and you will see the difference Areas of karachi like nazimabad, Liaqatabad, Defence, Clifton, Korangi, PECHS, bahadurabad, Gulshaneiqbal, gulshanemaymar, And Sohrab Goth Are all Planned areas of karachi, Just have a look at karachi in Google maps and see yourself, i have seen mumbai in google earth and it looks a mess its not planned its very thick area means there is no area for people to make new homes and Planned Sectors and Navi mumbai is somewhat planned but have become very populated and has many areas not planned.

Here are a couple of excerpts of an Indian Journalist Mahanth Joishi's recent piece comparing Mumbai and Karachi:

I was impressed by the massive, well-maintained parks and gardens surrounding the (Karachi) airport. I was also impressed by the general cleanliness, the orderliness of the traffic, the quality of the roads, and the greenery. Coming from a city government background, I was surprised at how organized Karachi was throughout the ride. I also didn’t see many beggars the entire way. I had just spent significant amounts of time in two major Indian cities, Mumbai and Bangalore, as well as several second-tier cities like Mangalore, and none would compare favorably on maintenance and city planning, especially when it came to potholes and waste management. This was the first surprise; I was expecting that piles of garbage and dirt would line the roads and beggars would overflow onto the streets. Surely there is dirt and poverty in Karachi, but far less than I was expecting. Karachi was also less dense and crowded than India’s cities.

Even the poor areas we visited, such as the neighborhoods around the Mazar, were filled with families coming out for a picnic or a stroll, enjoying their weekend leisure time in the sun. All I could see were friendly and happy people, including children with striking features running around. At no time did I feel the least bit unsafe anywhere we went, and we definitely went through a mix of neighborhoods with varying profiles.

Haq's Musings: Indians Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan

why the heck are these people trolling, first talking about gutters, and now comparing karachi to mumbai

mumbai is obviously few decades ahead of karachi in terms of money and infrastructure, karachi has fallen behind, but in terms of population, traffic and cleanliness karachi is ahead

thats all i can say

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3664686 said:
why the heck are these people trolling, first talking about gutters, and now comparing karachi to mumbai

mumbai is obviously few decades ahead of karachi in terms of money and infrastructure, karachi has fallen behind, but in terms of population, traffic and cleanliness karachi is ahead

thats all i can say

Quite right. India is a downright mess everywhere on these 3 aspects!

486973_10151196850078177_1916208387_n.jpg

please share pics from karachi thread, Skyscrapercity.

Yoiur infrastructure is no where near mumbai

Here are a couple of excerpts of an Indian Journalist Mahanth Joishi's recent piece comparing Mumbai and Karachi:

I was impressed by the massive, well-maintained parks and gardens surrounding the (Karachi) airport. I was also impressed by the general cleanliness, the orderliness of the traffic, the quality of the roads, and the greenery. Coming from a city government background, I was surprised at how organized Karachi was throughout the ride. I also didn’t see many beggars the entire way. I had just spent significant amounts of time in two major Indian cities, Mumbai and Bangalore, as well as several second-tier cities like Mangalore, and none would compare favorably on maintenance and city planning, especially when it came to potholes and waste management. This was the first surprise; I was expecting that piles of garbage and dirt would line the roads and beggars would overflow onto the streets. Surely there is dirt and poverty in Karachi, but far less than I was expecting. Karachi was also less dense and crowded than India’s cities.

Even the poor areas we visited, such as the neighborhoods around the Mazar, were filled with families coming out for a picnic or a stroll, enjoying their weekend leisure time in the sun. All I could see were friendly and happy people, including children with striking features running around. At no time did I feel the least bit unsafe anywhere we went, and we definitely went through a mix of neighborhoods with varying profiles.

Haq's Musings: Indians Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan

I had answered your rants..havent seen it???

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/198359-indian-journalists-writers-share-eye-opener-stories-pakistan-visits.html#post3269494

In skyscrapers and infrastructure..there is no comparison between Indian and Pakistani cities as India is ahead.............

Yoiur infrastructure is no where near mumbai

I had answered your rants..havent seen it???

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/198359-indian-journalists-writers-share-eye-opener-stories-pakistan-visits.html#post3269494

In skyscrapers and infrastructure..there is no comparison between Indian and Pakistani cities as India is ahead.............

right india is ahead, can we all just move on from this

even though mumbai has many highrises but i wont like to see karachi developing like mumbai, its so congested so dense, and so dirty, i would rather like to see LA type non congested city which is both beautiful non congested and where the appartments arnt tall, the area of the city is big

Back
Top Bottom