What's new

Devastating in trained hands: The Dragunov sniper rifle

Why would you replace the SVD, it is an excellent platform. I would love to get a Vepr 7.62x54R for my personal collections, SVD's are ridiculously expensive in the US. This is one of the platforms that doesn't need replacements, there can be additional DMR platforms like AR10, M14EBRmod0 if needed, but with a match boat tail, the SVD is still relevant and will remain so till we have conventional rifle systems in existence.

Guys Made Is Separate thread Like Express YOur views about

Replacement of Standard DMR Sniper & AMR in Indian army

@Nilgiri @MilSpec @Abingdonboy @Jamwal's

My Opinion For DMR is SCAR- H

A_coalition_Special_Operations_Forces_member_fires_his_sniper_rifle_from_a_hilltop_during_a_firefight_near_Nawa_Garay_village_(120403-N-MY805-202).jpg

FOR Standard Sniper
ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL sniper rifle

longmoor198-rlgu.jpg

We can Make direct G-to-G route For Immediate Requirement At Least
We can Equip Ghatak Platoon With It As Soon As Possible

How about this one?
The DAN .338 fitted with Meprolight's Sniper’s Fire-Controlled Riflescope, a 10 x 40 optical sight with an Integrated Laser Rangefinder, a SAS sniper shot a bullet on an ISIS member that was "teaching" how to behead people, and it beheaded him from 1200 meters

IWI-DAN338_800.jpg
Has It Come Under IWI

Why would you replace the SVD, it is an excellent platform. I would love to get a Vepr 7.62x54R for my personal collections, SVD's are ridiculously expensive in the US.
Lack of Modern Accessories Like Proper NVD & IR Sights And Laser Range Finder :(:(

svd-3.jpg

Actually the Denel NTW - Vidhwansak Anti material is pretty a good rifle too. I would like to see IA get some 300win mag, and 6.5 x47 lapau Semi Auto AR as DMR in it's arsenal.

Guys Made Is Separate thread Like Express YOur views about

Replacement of Standard DMR Sniper & AMR in Indian army

@Nilgiri @MilSpec @Abingdonboy @Jamwal's

My Opinion For DMR is SCAR- H

A_coalition_Special_Operations_Forces_member_fires_his_sniper_rifle_from_a_hilltop_during_a_firefight_near_Nawa_Garay_village_(120403-N-MY805-202).jpg

FOR Standard Sniper
ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL sniper rifle

longmoor198-rlgu.jpg

We can Make direct G-to-G route For Immediate Requirement At Least
We can Equip Ghatak Platoon With It As Soon As Possible

Has It Come Under IWI

Lack of Modern Accessories Like Proper NVD & IR Sights And Laser Range Finder :(:(

svd-3.jpg

Not true,

You see that side mounted rail, same as in AK, RPK, SVD,
MWMI-AKSM_c.jpg

these come with pic rail, you can mount whatever you want as optics.

Actually the Denel NTW - Vidhwansak Anti material is pretty a good rifle too. I would like to see IA get some 300win mag, and 6.5 x47 lapau Semi Auto AR as DMR in it's arsenal.
Those anti material rifles are really heavy, if its for an offensive movement you should use

Not true,

MWMI-AKSM_c.jpg

I just like how its "Made in the U.S.A" on a Russian gun, pretty ironic

Those anti material rifles are really heavy, if its for an offensive movement you should use

I just like how its "Made in the U.S.A" on a Russian gun, pretty ironic
just the scope mount, you can buy leapers or ncstars made in china too. Put a german zeiss scope on it , then you have a pretty global product.

Not true,

MWMI-AKSM_c.jpg

Yep. IWI Dan, this is its name
Really accurate , Sub MOA
As Far I Know Its Not Listed on there Website
http://www.israel-weapon.com/default.asp?catid={3E31AB88-2BB0-11D7-92D3-0080AD76B634}

As We Use Galil Snipers SA in Numbers That are Very Potent Platform in DMR at 1000 meters

tumblr_mb3qirbb_FL1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

I personally wouldn't classify the SVD as a sniper rifle. DMR is more apt I feel....it is an old (but venerable) semi automatic design always meant for squad support. It has issues at ranges I reserve for proper blue blood sniping platforms (i.e bolt action or specifically designed semi-auto).

@Vergennes @Taygibay your thoughts?

Sniper rifle fits. It's just that operationally the Soviets, and continuing with modern Russia, made greater use of squad level marksman then true snipers.

Opticless SVD:what:?
14_900%281%29.jpg

SAVX9259-1.jpg

But this tactic isn't true for every nation using the rifle (even in Russia). Many due use it as an actual sniper weapon system, rather then as a DMR.
IMG_2253_900.jpg

2692.JPG

It's cheap, it's reliable and its accurate, despite being semi-auto. But they have better options too.

GRIX3384-900.jpg

The rifle in the Indian soldiers hand is a French FR F2..

The French soldier on right is holding an Indian SVD.

------

old pic of FC with Dragonov;

View attachment 329703
What you opinion on SVD as DMR has It relevance Today Army is favoring Galil DMR over it

Whats your Opinion on DMR Vs AMR Which More Effective in battlefield ??

What you opinion on SVD as DMR has It relevance Today Army is favoring Galil DMR over it

Galil itself isn't a new design .. And I haven't used it ..

Although i do own a Dragun. Which I love.

Whats your Opinion on DMR Vs AMR Which More Effective in battlefield ??

Who in the right mind would even compare DMRs to AMRs? Both have different roles and jobs to do.

Pak uses SVDs in limited numbers and that too with Paramil units.

Pak Made DMRs and Sniper Rifles;

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

pakistani fc use it

pak-army.jpg

A+week+long+Trilateral+Joint+Military+Exercise+on+urban+warfare+among+Forces+of+Turkey-Afghanistan-Pakistan+commenced+at+Tuzla%252C+special+services+group+pakistan+army+G-3+rifle+MP-5+submachine+gun+POF+AK-47+Type+5+%25285%2529.jpg

This one belongs to Turkish Army .. It's an joint training pic from Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom