What's new

Devastating in trained hands: The Dragunov sniper rifle

G3 based AZB DMR with Indigenous LR Thermal scope.

image.jpeg

G3 based AZB DMR with Indigenous LR Thermal scope.

View attachment 329723
What is its effective range Seems POF Done Commendable job

You See we tried It Long Back in 2002 With FN FAL only few hundred in Service under CRPF and other CAPF

str%20(1).jpg

Galil itself isn't a new design .. And I haven't used it ..
Galil sniper SA is DMR version

SF Use both STAR & GALIL SA
tumblr_nk6lxiEeOe1tjfjuco1_1280.png

PS : I had To Except One Major Fact here Regular Indian Army is Only trained in 800-1000m Target Precision But Regular PAK army Is trained Better With over 1000 m Target Precision Were Indian army Lacks Most in area of Modern Sniping

Last edited:
The rifle in the Indian soldiers hand is a French FR F2..

The French soldier on right is holding an Indian SVD.

old pic of FC with Dragonov;

View attachment 329703

It's always difficult to spot a NDM 86 from a SVD, in the pic it looks like a SVD as it seems to be the curved waffle mag, but the trigger gaurd seems to be like the NDM 86.

pakistani fc use it

pak-army.jpg

A+week+long+Trilateral+Joint+Military+Exercise+on+urban+warfare+among+Forces+of+Turkey-Afghanistan-Pakistan+commenced+at+Tuzla%252C+special+services+group+pakistan+army+G-3+rifle+MP-5+submachine+gun+POF+AK-47+Type+5+%25285%2529.jpg

That again is not a dragunov, it's a PSL 54C, the X pattern Magazine is clear giveaway.

I remember my young days.. Project IGI
latest

latest

Igi1-Dragunov_world.jpg

codemasters_igi2-1.jpg

Now i dont get into games anymore so dont know what new additional SVD is showcased..
More Mil guys should give better perspectives...

@MilSpec - Tagging you sir ..This is your field of interest..

lol I still play this game, you simply can't beat it...

It's always difficult to spot a NDM 86 from a SVD, in the pic it looks like a SVD as it seems to be the curved waffle mag, but the trigger gaurd seems to be like the NDM 86.

That again is not a dragunov, it's a PSL 54C, the X pattern Magazine is clear giveaway.
Your right it's the NORINCO variant.

I remember my young days.. Project IGI
latest

latest

Igi1-Dragunov_world.jpg

codemasters_igi2-1.jpg

Now i dont get into games anymore so dont know what new additional SVD is showcased..
More Mil guys should give better perspectives...

@MilSpec - Tagging you sir ..This is your field of interest..
One of my all time favorite games. I was such an expert i used to draw detailed maps for my friends on paper, it was like a commander explaining to his troops the battle field. Used to bet how i would complete certain levels with while using the dagger alone or in some by using no weapon at all. :P Lolz, fun days! :)
In fact, i may reinstall it today :lol: I miss Anya!! :D
IGI 2 was not nearly as good as 1 though!

off topic,
played all the 3 versions? first version was the one was simply one of the best strategic shooter with good story line & excellent music.
Agreed!
IGI 1 was best, 2 was not nearly as good and never tried 3. Dont even know about it.

This game was when i fell in love with this gun. Read about it and it looks really impressive.

There are only 2 parts, where did you get the 3rd one??
I never heard of that either!

One of my all time favorite games.
It's the first game I ever played and still have it installed!!In my opinion, IGI 1 is among the best game ever to be developed along with the Max Payne and Half Life series , and to some extent, Battle Field series.
I was such an expert i used to draw detailed maps for my friends on paper, it was like a commander explaining to his troops the battle field. Used to bet how i would complete certain levels with while using the dagger alone or in some by using no weapon at all. :P Lolz, fun days! :)
:o::o:
In fact, i may reinstall it today :lol: I miss Anya!! :D
Ahh, you made me nostalgic bro!! :D :D
IGI 2 was not nearly as good as 1 though!
Still better than COD shit.

I never heard of that either!
Apparently it's an unofficial mod, downloading it right now.

It's the first game I ever played and still have it installed!!In my opinion, IGI 1 is among the best game ever to be developed along with the Max Payne and Half Life series , and to some extent, Battle Field series.

:o::o:

Ahh, you made me nostalgic bro!! :D :D

Still better than COD shit.

Apparently it's an unofficial mod, downloading it right now.

I have the back up with me as well and installed it yesterday :P

I personally like COD over IGI 2 but anyway, this is about IGI 1 right? No disagreement there :)

Hey do send me a link to that 3 version please.

I have the back up with me as well and installed it yesterday :P
I have the back up as well. heck I've got over 1 tb of back up files stored in my external!! :P

I personally like COD over IGI 2 but anyway, this is about IGI 1 right? No disagreement there :)
COD just seems to be way to repetitive and unchallenging, with no scope for try and applying different strategies to complete an objective (unlike in IGI and BF), it simply feels like more of an arcade shooter on steroids with running with gunning play styles. But that's just me.
Hey do send me a link to that 3 version please.
Here you go, http://www.fullypcgames.net/2013/04/project-igi-3-plan-game.html :)

I have the back up as well. heck I've got over 1 tb of back up files stored in my external!! :P

COD just seems to be way to repetitive and unchallenging, with no scope for try and applying different strategies to complete an objective (unlike in IGI and BF), it simply feels like more of an arcade shooter on steroids with running with gunning play styles. But that's just me.

Here you go, http://www.fullypcgames.net/2013/04/project-igi-3-plan-game.html :)

Well lets take this to appropriate thread BEFORE people start throwing tomatoes at us!
https://defence.pk/threads/video-gamers-report-in.91218/page-176

@PARIKRAMA @Indika you are both welcome to join us :)

True ,
well in that case half life,MGS or other open world games would be better. The reason they end up having arcade shooting is to be a time filler, if not the game would be over in 1.5 hrs instead of 4-5 hrs. Thats the reason now a days most of the games are moving towards MP instead of single player.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom